Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,703 members, 7,816,873 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:10 PM

Do You Want Straights A's And High UTME And Post UTME Scores? Then Read This - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Do You Want Straights A's And High UTME And Post UTME Scores? Then Read This (477 Views)

TOP UTME SCORES 2017 - 2022 Comprehensive List By State / Win some money with your high UTME score / Oau Aspirants Reply Your Post Utme Scores (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Want Straights A's And High UTME And Post UTME Scores? Then Read This by StudentPerfect: 8:27pm On Jan 01, 2021
I feel excited writing this. This is a bright new day, bright new month and bright new year. Happy new year to everyone. I admit, I can be very (and at times foolishly) sentimental and that is the real reason why I have delayed creating this post till now. You will agree with me, I hope, that Jan 1st is a very important day. As George Orwell wrote a long time ago: All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others. Yes it is true that it contains 24 hours like other days, yet we humans make it very important. So I have created this important post today. This post, I hope, will be a great help to somebody out there. If it helps just a single person, then I have achieved my goal. Do you really want outstanding success in your exams: straight A’s in your internal exams, straight A’s in WASCE\NECO, 350 and above in UTME and high grade in post UTME? Then read on
2021 will be for the bold. I invite you to be bold. Don’t take No for answer. You need to have that burning zeal to excel. You may think having outstanding success is not possible, but I assure you, it is do-able. Once again, welcome to the year of academic excellence. Remember, you need that zeal, the passion to succeed.
We will use Applied Science, specifically Psychology. We will apply findings and experiments done in Psychology to help. There are some reading techniques that we will introduce. For starters, most people reading this post are using passive reading to study.
Passive reading is just very inefficient. I will introduce another reading technique. This method is guaranteed to help you immensely. We will also employed technology as well, specifically ICT or computer technology. I hope and pray that when the results are out I will be able to celebrate you.
This is what I have for you. Once again, welcome to the new exciting world.
Please note: I will be out of town for a couple of days, and as soon as I come back, we will continue.
Re: Do You Want Straights A's And High UTME And Post UTME Scores? Then Read This by PolymathAdeoye(m): 7:35am On Jan 02, 2021
Anticipating grin
Re: Do You Want Straights A's And High UTME And Post UTME Scores? Then Read This by StudentPerfect: 4:11pm On Jan 09, 2021
PolymathAdeoye:
Anticipating grin
So sorry for the delay. I have been sort of busy. Here I am now
Re: Do You Want Straights A's And High UTME And Post UTME Scores? Then Read This by StudentPerfect: 4:21pm On Jan 09, 2021
Hello folks! Sorry for taking forever to update this. I have been terribly busy. From the look of things, I am still going too be busy for some time to come, but I promise to push this on top of the list.
We have several goals in mind. To have great grades in our exams: as many A1’ as possible, to score as high as 350 and above in JAMB and make our loved ones proud of us and have great future. No doubt, these are lofty aspirations. Certainly, these are achievable. You only need to believe in yourself and forget about your past ideas and willingness to try out new things. I believe we are on the same page.

Every student has to face exams. And what is the purpose of examination? To see how well we REMEMBER things we were taught. And one funny thing about our brain is that it loves to FORGET, that is it loves NOT to REMEMBER. So we need to coerce our brain to remember things. The trick to achieving this is what is commonly referred to as spaced repetition or spaced retrieval.

Our brain is really fickle. Have you been in a situation where you read something, really understood it and about three days or a week later, you’ve forgotten more than half of what you read. This is called the ‘Ebbinghaus’ forgetting curve or more simply the Forgetting curve’. Hermann Ebbinghaus in 1885 published his findings. He made 3-syllable nonsensical words, learnt them and see how much he forgot over time.. here is the forgetting curve

Re: Do You Want Straights A's And High UTME And Post UTME Scores? Then Read This by StudentPerfect: 4:23pm On Jan 09, 2021
What does it mean?
1. We forget things over time. If we learn a new thing and we make no attempt to use or reinforce it, we tend to forget it.
2. The biggest drop in retention is higher in the first few days and tapers off as the days go bye. I like to illustrate this with computer system. The RAM is short-lived. If you don’t save, as soon as power is switched off, everything is gone. If you save, they are stored permanently.
So what techniques do we employed to combat the forgetting curve?
Before delving into the technique, let’s discuss some of the common study methods. We have: passive reading, underlining and some others but we will simply stick to re-reading. The most pervasive of these is reading and re-reading. Here is what some researchers have to say about it:
‘Yet not only was repetitive reading the most frequent listed strategy, it was also the strategy more often listed as students’ number one choice, by a large margin’

I am sure it is what you the reader is using. It was the method I used when I was in school. Nobody is saying you should not read, it is READING and RE-READING or (passive reading) that is bad. The method to be used is active repetition with spaced repetition.
We use spaced repetition to ‘solidify’ our learning. Imagine a builder building a house. After laying some bricks, he would put mortar (cement + water + stone) and put more blocks on them. To effectively build the house, he would purse to make sure it solidifying before continuing. We will need to ‘solidify’ our learning before it crumbles.
Re: Do You Want Straights A's And High UTME And Post UTME Scores? Then Read This by StudentPerfect: 4:37pm On Jan 09, 2021
Will be back soon. Please bear with me
Re: Do You Want Straights A's And High UTME And Post UTME Scores? Then Read This by PolymathAdeoye(m): 10:16am On Jan 10, 2021
Thanks for all these. But Waec is near sir. Will be expecting you soon.
Re: Do You Want Straights A's And High UTME And Post UTME Scores? Then Read This by StudentPerfect: 5:29pm On Jan 12, 2021
PolymathAdeoye:
Thanks for all these. But Waec is near sir.
Will be expecting you soon.
I really like your spirit. I love people who want to excel. Please give me a private message (PM). I hope you have a computer desktop or laptop. There is this software package that I want to gift you, no strings attached. I want to discuss with you privately. I sincerely hope you will be able to come back here and give testimony. Cheers and best of luck
Re: Do You Want Straights A's And High UTME And Post UTME Scores? Then Read This by Hendrixxmalo: 10:45pm On Jan 12, 2021
StudentPerfect:

I really like your spirit. I love people who want to excel. Please give me a private message (PM). I hope you have a computer desktop or laptop. There is this software package that I want to gift you, no strings attached. I want to discuss with you privately. I sincerely hope you will be able to come back here and give testimony. Cheers and best of luck

Hello sir can u pls drop ur number
I wanna talk to u
I want to pass this jamb once and for all
Re: Do You Want Straights A's And High UTME And Post UTME Scores? Then Read This by StudentPerfect: 6:51pm On Jan 13, 2021
God bless you. I am sure you are going to make it. The number ingredient needed: Burning Desire to succeed You certainly possess. See you at the top. Cheers and God bless
Re: Do You Want Straights A's And High UTME And Post UTME Scores? Then Read This by IQvectors: 9:43pm On Mar 23, 2021
Have you forgotten the thread embarassedHave you forgotten the thread

(1) (Reply)

If You Want To Remove Plagiarism In Seconds, Then Use These... / Communication Arts Project Topics And Materials In Nigeria / LAUTECH Bans Final-year Sign Out Celebration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.