Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,961 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:07 PM

Top 5 Books To Read In 2021 - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Top 5 Books To Read In 2021 (44886 Views)

5 Books To Sharpen Your Writing Skill In 2020 / The 10 Books You Should Read In 2020 To Have A Productive Year / I Read In The Bathroom - Dami Ajayi, Author Of A Woman's Body Is A Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 5 Books To Read In 2021 by Hassanmaye(m): 2:27pm On Jan 02, 2021
tot:

Maybe the books you have read so far were boring, you should try the ones that will keep you awake till the early hours of the day.

Reading has 'epped' many people. Many.
Like?
Re: Top 5 Books To Read In 2021 by Muyiii(m): 2:29pm On Jan 02, 2021
tot:

Why not list the ones you know? OP might not know them.. We have talented black authors but they don't get enough exposure.

The hate U give : Angie Thomas
Between the world and Me: Ta-Nehisi Coates
The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Colorblindness: Michelle Alexander
The destruction of the black civilization : William chancellor
The mid-education of the negro: Carter Woodson
Death and the kings horseman:wole Soyinka

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Books To Read In 2021 by lilmaydee(m): 2:29pm On Jan 02, 2021
7victor:

Where can I buy 'The Laws Of Human Nature.'
You can get them from books store around you. If you're in Lagos try CMS. Plus, you can get the pdf version if you love reading on your phone.
Re: Top 5 Books To Read In 2021 by Julius1351(m): 2:32pm On Jan 02, 2021
Where can i get books like these around ibadan?
Re: Top 5 Books To Read In 2021 by Stanleyyoung234: 2:33pm On Jan 02, 2021
sammysmiles:
I want to read a lot of books this year...
I jxt downloaded outwitting the devil jxt now in my phone...

Please which site did you download it from ?
Please what'sapp me .
Re: Top 5 Books To Read In 2021 by lilmaydee(m): 2:34pm On Jan 02, 2021
alignacademy:
Nice thread, @lilmaydee

However, just "reading" may not help.

Let me explain:

Yes, getting information is a good start but USING information will help you even more.

In fact, if you could only read and actually use ONE book this year, you will make much more progress than you ever would by cramming a lot of disjointed information into your brain

[Now this is the part where I should promote my own book...Just kiddin']

Seriously, this year, you can focus more on making better use of the information you are already drowning in.

Happy New Year!
Thank you for the advice. However, those books actually have great impart in my life.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Books To Read In 2021 by Stanleyyoung234: 2:34pm On Jan 02, 2021
lilmaydee:

You can get them from books store around you. If you're in Lagos try CMS. Plus, you can get the pdf version if you love reading on your phone.

Please how do I get the PDFs ??
What's app 08136298758
Re: Top 5 Books To Read In 2021 by ERUDITE6156: 2:40pm On Jan 02, 2021
Any website or link where one can download these books?
Re: Top 5 Books To Read In 2021 by DisLifeSha: 2:41pm On Jan 02, 2021
You aren't even taking advantage of this digital age yet. Why should I carry paper books around when I can read that book on my phone I do my reading on my phone and laptop. I read e-books

mu2sa2:
Ponder this: If you do not drop the smart phone, how do you read a book?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Books To Read In 2021 by lilmaydee(m): 2:44pm On Jan 02, 2021
To those asking, "who books epp?"
Reading actually has a way of changing your mentality; widening your horizon; increasing your memory; imparting your life positively. Yes, reading good books can do that.

I remembered when I was in higher institution, 3 years ago, my database lecturer said he regretted not reading inspirational books, as he saw them as being useless. Now, he knew better. Then he advised us to get those books and read them so that we can become better version of ourselves.

Truth be told, that was the beginning of the journey into reading. Today, I have overcome 80% of my challenges and see things for what they are (realism), not what I want them to be (idealism)

9 Likes

Re: Top 5 Books To Read In 2021 by lakland(m): 2:46pm On Jan 02, 2021
bamasite2:
Ok.

George S. Clason's Richest man in Babylon remains an alltime best selling classic.

I have audio for the laws of Human nature but not done listening to it.

I can recommend many more, but for career people, read Carl Newport's So Good They Can't Ignore You and take your career to the next level.

For Business People, read Akin Alabi's Small Business Big Money.

Everyone needs to listen to these two programs by Bob Proctor:

1. Thinking into results
2. The Secret Science of Getting Rich Edition featuring Bob Proctor, Michael Beckwitt, Jack Canfield.

All except Akin Alabi's book available in audio from me.
Please you send me the audio
lakland247@gmail.com
Re: Top 5 Books To Read In 2021 by lilmaydee(m): 2:47pm On Jan 02, 2021
Stanleyyoung234:

Please how do I get the PDFs ??
What's app
I have gotten your number. You can remove it
Re: Top 5 Books To Read In 2021 by thegoodnews: 2:47pm On Jan 02, 2021
Adakintroy:
Top five books.

#1 Bible. #2. The holy Bible. #3. King James version of the Bible. #4. New king James version of the Bible.#5. The Bible.

Apart from your academic study books. Read the Bible well.

The problem of the world is not knowledge it's rather too much knowledge competing.

Underneath it's pride that comes with too much knowing. Humans hate to admitted it but they are reversely ignorant. Basics truth elude them.

So use the Bible as your foundation first. Learn love. Learn humility.self control, honesty. Hard work. Truth forgiveness. Kindness. Right wisdom..not the one of this age.

The Bible is truly man's manual.

Know yourself and your purpose in this life through it.

God bless you.

The Holy Bible is the most important of all.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Books To Read In 2021 by abodundef: 2:50pm On Jan 02, 2021
Readers are leaders. It is very important. Visit feelixabodundeoutreach.org for free download of e-books in any format.
Re: Top 5 Books To Read In 2021 by descarado: 2:56pm On Jan 02, 2021
Mtcheeeew.

No health or environmental related book. No science
Only motivational books. Go to Pentecostal church if u need motivation.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Books To Read In 2021 by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jan 02, 2021
Muhylonaire007:
Lol... I'm not reading shit!!!
The ones wey I read wetin I use am gain, I need to empty my brain self, I no wan add more to wetin don dey

LOL

Thanks for sharing

Actually, you may not need to empty your brain

What if you could re-read ONE of those books you read before - with a view to actually finding how to apply it to your situation?

While it may seem popular to brag about having "read" 3000 books, you'll get more VALUE from actually using even just ONE book.

Cheers!

3 Likes

Re: Top 5 Books To Read In 2021 by nerd004: 3:02pm On Jan 02, 2021
Opexzy:
Omo, I don miss reading books oooo... It's funny how I constantly buy books without reading them this day. I wish I can go back to my uni days. Hustle no make me even get time to read books again.

All I have is the love of books but to express am no dey easy again. My work don take over, na only technology guides and documentation person dey read up and down.

I can sight books by Dale Carnegie and Robert Green... I can't love them less.. Napoleon Hill too

Bro an average CEO reads 52 books a year.....

no matter busy always create time to educate your mind...

just scheduled 45min everyday...if you do that consistently no matter how slow u read,,,u go dey finish a book per week

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Books To Read In 2021 by Muhylonaire007: 3:04pm On Jan 02, 2021
alignacademy:

LOL

Thanks for sharing

Actually, you may not need to empty your brain

What if you could re-read ONE of those books you read before - with a view to actually finding how to apply it to your situation?

While it may seem popular to brag about having "read" 3000 books, you'll get more VALUE from actually using even just ONE book.

Cheers!

You are a genius

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Books To Read In 2021 by nerd004: 3:04pm On Jan 02, 2021
Am surprised OP did not add "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People" By Stephen Covey ....That book has really blessed me

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Books To Read In 2021 by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jan 02, 2021
Muhylonaire007:

You are a genius

It takes one to know one (wink)

Thanks!
Re: Top 5 Books To Read In 2021 by themaestro08(m): 3:16pm On Jan 02, 2021
DamnnNiggarr:
angry

So how does reading those books stop the ravaging hardship in Nigeria??

My brother, the country is a huge mess but at least reading nice books will make you forget your worries.
Re: Top 5 Books To Read In 2021 by themaestro08(m): 3:19pm On Jan 02, 2021
sammysmiles:
I want to read a lot of books this year...
I jxt downloaded outwitting the devil jxt now in my phone...

Please which e-reader app are you using? I use light reader but it doesn't have on night mode.
Re: Top 5 Books To Read In 2021 by ofuonyebi: 3:20pm On Jan 02, 2021
WHAT A SHAME OF THE CENTURY TO THE NIGERIAN COLONIAL MENTALITY
IMAGINE FIVE (5)-BOOKS RECCOMMMENDED BY A NIGERIAN FOR NIGERIANS TO BE READ IN 2021
ALL OF THE BOOKS WERE WRITTEN BY OYINBOS...AMERICANS & BRITISH!

SO, NO NIGERIAN BOOKS CAN MOTIVATE NIGERIANS TO SUCCEED IN 2021?
HONESTLY, THIS IS WHY 70% OF OUR YOUTHS ARE SUFFERING FROM UNEMPLOYMENT
OYINBO SOLUTIONS CANNOT HEAL A NIGERIAN DISEASE OR AILMENT IN THIS 21ST CENTURY.

TO HELP MANY NIGERIANS OUT THERE..I RECOMMEND THE CURRENT BEST SELLER NIGERIAN BOOK
A PRACTICALL MOTIVATIONAL BOOK THAT SPEAKS ON HAVING A CAREER AND HOW TO GET OUR YOUTHS OUT OF THE UNEMPLOYMENT NMARKET TITLED.."CAREER DEVELOPMENT AND THE UNEMPLOYMENT PROBLEMS IN NIGERIA-TIME FOR A PARADIGM SHIFT"

PLEASE HELP TO SHARE THIS REALITY ...YOU MAY BE HELPING TO GIVE HOPE TO SOMEONE'S CAREER OR DESTINY

Contact/whatsapp:08033685986.
Re: Top 5 Books To Read In 2021 by DDexter99(m): 3:24pm On Jan 02, 2021
bamasite2:
Ok.

George S. Clason's Richest man in Babylon remains an alltime best selling classic.

I can recommend many more, but for career people, read Carl Newport's So Good They Can't Ignore You and take your career to the next level.

1. Thinking into results
2. The Secret Science of Getting Rich Edition featuring Bob Proctor, Michael Beckwitt, Jack Canfield.

please how can I get books on audio format?

Because coming back from my job and straining my eyes on my phone reading a book is not easy for me.
Re: Top 5 Books To Read In 2021 by daniddan1999: 3:34pm On Jan 02, 2021
Noted
Re: Top 5 Books To Read In 2021 by alfarouq(m): 3:38pm On Jan 02, 2021
Professorcplus:
Outwitting the devil is a very good book for a conservative child/adult indoctrinated is a very religious way.

Also the richest man in Babylon has a practical guide for acquiring riches become wealthy with little or nothing.

Also, 48 Laws of Power is applicable to every day relationship with people. All kinds of people and setting especially in political setting, family or office....

Attitude is everything... Is self motivational book for young undergraduate... Life may not always go as planned but always remain optimistic in whatever you do.

The monk who sold is ferari is for those that doesn't know what the definition of success means. To crave out what it means to call yourself successful read this.

History of black civilization (miseducation) is for those who are curious about acient human development.

Early morning miracle by Alan is for those who want to recreate their habit and thought...
Bookmarked
Re: Top 5 Books To Read In 2021 by IAMPEDRO: 3:48pm On Jan 02, 2021
bamasite2:
Ok.

1. Thinking into results

Good evening, pls I need the laws of human nature, I don't mind if we can use WhatsApp.
Re: Top 5 Books To Read In 2021 by FleppyDon(m): 3:53pm On Jan 02, 2021
Try these too

Re: Top 5 Books To Read In 2021 by jojothaiv(m): 3:55pm On Jan 02, 2021
omoadeleye:
How to stop worrying and start living.

You might later be shocked that the author might ended up depressed.
Rudyard Kipling who later wrote the classic 'IF' a Victorian poem on coming of age and manhood was largely irresponsible.

Life no balance o buh local man gats to read books then find wetin suit am inside...

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Books To Read In 2021 by HOLYSEE(m): 3:55pm On Jan 02, 2021
Re: Top 5 Books To Read In 2021 by xxxXXXxxx: 4:01pm On Jan 02, 2021
A very cool collection.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The 48 Laws Of Power- Which Of The Laws Is Your Favourite? / A Tale Of Two Lovebirds / The Very Best Of Fictions (novels)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.