Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,545 members, 7,827,036 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:22 AM

Dentists Please Come To My Rescue - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Dentists Please Come To My Rescue (973 Views)

Why Nigerian Dentists Always Suggest Extraction / Why Do Nigerian Dentists Always Suggest Extraction? / 8 Interesting Facts About Dentists And Teeth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dentists Please Come To My Rescue by Woofer: 8:32am On Jan 02, 2021
Good morning Dear Beloved.
I had a domestic accident 5 years ago which resulted in the loss of an incisor. I have been using a temporary tooth since then, which I replaced last year. However, last night, the replaced one broke. I've attached the pictures. Kindly suggest gum that I can use to put the piece together as i was told that superglue can not do a good job
Re: Dentists Please Come To My Rescue by Woofer: 8:34am On Jan 02, 2021
The I put the broken pieces together, it fits so well. Kindly recommend a gum I can use to put the piece together

Re: Dentists Please Come To My Rescue by Woofer: 8:35am On Jan 02, 2021
The broken parts

Re: Dentists Please Come To My Rescue by Tobilols(f): 8:41am On Jan 02, 2021
I am a dentist, the glue or gum will worsen it. Just take it any dental clinic and your denture will be repaired
Re: Dentists Please Come To My Rescue by johnstar(m): 8:56am On Jan 02, 2021
Tobilols:
I am a dentist, the glue or gum will worsen it. Just take it any dental clinic and your denture will be repaired
we need to talk please have been having tooth aches for a week now, my chick is swollen gan... its so serious can we talk on private
Re: Dentists Please Come To My Rescue by Pearlqueen(f): 9:16am On Jan 02, 2021
Woofer:
Good morning Dear Beloved.
I had a domestic accident 5 years ago which resulted in the loss of an incisor. I have been using a temporary tooth since then, which I replaced last year. However, tonight, the replaced one broke. I've attached the pictures. Kindly suggest gum that I can use to put the piece together as i was told that superglue can not do a good job
I have been skeptical about doing a temporary (flexible) dental implant as I lost my front tooth as a result of acute periodontitis. How much did it cost you to replace yours and how was the process like?
Thanks.
Re: Dentists Please Come To My Rescue by Sewasaunt(f): 12:11pm On Jan 02, 2021
Woofer:
The I put the broken pieces together, it fits so well. Kindly recommend a gum I can use to put the piece together

Even if you were to have it repaired professionally, it still would not be as good/strong as a new one.

It will only be a temporary fix.

Save your time, money, energy, get a new one. If you are in Lagos, you can try Teaching Hospitals or General hospitals if cost is an issue for you.

Also, when you get a new one or repair this one, take better care of it. Your denture is made from acrylic which is strong but can crack when it falls.

1. Don't bite into hard food with it

2. Whenever it is not in your mouth, put it in a small container with a very well fitting lid that won't come off easily

3. At night, place it in a small container with a very well fitting lid containing water

4. Wash your denture over a bowl of water so if it was to slip and fall from your hand, the fall will be cushioned by the water and it won't break

5. Wash it only with a soft brush (e.g the round ones used in polishing shoes- a new one obviously) and plain white unmedicated bathing soap e.g Joy soap as your regular toothbrush and toothpaste are too abrasive/harsh for it

Ciao

1 Like

Re: Dentists Please Come To My Rescue by Sewasaunt(f): 12:21pm On Jan 02, 2021
Pearlqueen:
I have been skeptical about doing a temporary (flexible) dental implant as I lost my front tooth as a result of acute periodontitis. How much did it cost you to replace yours and how was the process like?
Thanks.

Sorry to point it out but there is nothing like a temporary (flexible) dental implant.

Options for replacing missing teeth include;

1. A removable partial denture

As seen in the Ops picture. They cover part of the gum and need to be taken out every night so the gums can rest.
Cost ranges from 6,000-15,000. The range is from Government to private clinics and doesn't include registration or dental x-rays.

2. A permanent dental bridge, acrylic or porcelain fused to metal bridge.

These are permanent and don't cover the gums.

Here, the two teeth beside the missing tooth are trimmed and a single unit of three (strong) artificial teeth are cemented in place.
Acrylic dental bridges (3 unit as in your case) cost above 30,000

while the porcelain fused to metal (due to the metal substructure and porcelain cover it is both strong and near natural looking) goes from 105,000

3. A dental implant.
Goes for 450,000 and above. A single implant is sunk into the bone of the missing tooth and a natural looking crown is put over it.

For option 1, an impression of mouth will be taken in the clinic. No pain, no injection.
It is on the cast from the impression (photo copy/image) of your mouth that the denture will be made, since we can't take your mouth to the lab.
Once the denture is ready after 2-5 days, it will simply be put in your mouth and you will be taught how to care for it. It feels weird initially but the body will adapt to it over time.

Options 2,3 are painless (after you have been given injections)

Please check Google for images and other information.
Re: Dentists Please Come To My Rescue by johnstar(m): 2:54pm On Jan 02, 2021
Please help me i have a serious toothache I can’t sleep or even eat because of the pain
Re: Dentists Please Come To My Rescue by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jan 02, 2021
Re: Dentists Please Come To My Rescue by onyemajox1(m): 6:30pm On Jan 02, 2021
am a herbal dentist come to me when swollen or when you notice pain .08030887116
Re: Dentists Please Come To My Rescue by Orubebe01: 1:35pm On May 29, 2023
Sewasaunt:

Even if you were to have it repaired professionally, it still would not be as good/strong as a new one.

It will only be a temporary fix.

Save your time, money, energy, get a new one. If you are in Lagos, you can try Teaching Hospitals or General hospitals if cost is an issue for you.

Also, when you get a new one or repair this one, take better care of it. Your denture is made from acrylic which is strong but can crack when it falls.

1. Don't bite into hard food with it

2. Whenever it is not in your mouth, put it in a small container with a very well fitting lid that won't come off easily

3. At night, place it in a small container with a very well fitting lid containing water

4. Wash your denture over a bowl of water so if it was to slip and fall from your hand, the fall will be cushioned by the water and it won't break

5. Wash it only with a soft brush (e.g the round ones used in polishing shoes- a new one obviously) and plain white unmedicated bathing soap e.g Joy soap as your regular toothbrush and toothpaste are too abrasive/harsh for it

Ciao
Can you recommend a good dentist for a temporal denture at affordable cost
Re: Dentists Please Come To My Rescue by Sewasaunt(f): 2:50pm On May 29, 2023
Orubebe01:

Can you recommend a good dentist for a temporal denture at affordable cost

Please where do you stay?
Re: Dentists Please Come To My Rescue by Orubebe01: 3:25pm On May 29, 2023
Sewasaunt:

Please where do you stay?
Lagos
Re: Dentists Please Come To My Rescue by Sewasaunt(f): 9:49pm On May 29, 2023
Orubebe01:

Lagos

A denture is the removable artificial tooth.

For just a tooth= it costs 6,900 in Lasuth, same range in Luth.

Other centres may be a bit more expensive and will be less stressful but one tooth can be up to 15,000.

Gbagade General Hospital or FMC Ebute metta too

There are really good private clinics around too, you can check online and see the reviews.
Re: Dentists Please Come To My Rescue by Orubebe01: 9:55pm On May 29, 2023
Sewasaunt:

Other centres may be a bit more expensive and will be less stressful but one tooth can be up to 15,000.

There are really good private clinics around too, you can check online and see the reviews.
Thanks
Re: Dentists Please Come To My Rescue by Orubebe01: 2:46am On May 30, 2023
Sewasaunt:

Do you have an idea of how much the permanent one will cost
Re: Dentists Please Come To My Rescue by Sewasaunt(f): 9:58pm On May 30, 2023
Orubebe01:

Do you have an idea of how much the permanent one will cost

Permanent replacement can be either a bridge or an Implant.

An implant can be from 500,000 - 1 million naira or more.

A bridge for a single tooth starts from around 240,000 and increases with the number of teeth being replaced but for a bridge healthy teeth beside the missing tooth will have to be trimmed

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

s / Help Me Urgent / Airborne Vitamins In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.