Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,350 members, 7,815,709 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

Double Vehicle Registration Problem - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Double Vehicle Registration Problem (1038 Views)

Vehicle Registration In Abuja (abuja Plate Number) / Double Vehicle Registration Dilemma / Vehicle Registration Process in your Country! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Double Vehicle Registration Problem by means(m): 3:57pm On Mar 29, 2011
Hello Nlders,
I have just bought a fairly used car with all the original documents handed to me. However, the previous owner has not done autoreg since 2009 when he stopped using the vehicle. I went to the Licensing office only to be told that the number plate has been alloted to someone else. ie. same registration number with different owners/veh. particulars. Please I need advice on what to do. Any previous experience here? Please guide me.
Thanks
Re: Double Vehicle Registration Problem by samtoye(m): 4:08pm On Mar 29, 2011
That number plate had been faulty from the beginning even with the original owner, just go register the car like newly since that car VIN isnt in the records.
Re: Double Vehicle Registration Problem by means(m): 4:15pm On Mar 29, 2011
What a mess!!! I have already done the Police clearance, affidavit, change of ownership, insurance etc, all bearing the old number, How do I start? From where do I start?
Re: Double Vehicle Registration Problem by samtoye(m): 4:29pm On Mar 29, 2011
Sorry bro, that's the price we pay for the mess they call Vehicle Registration in this country. That Vehicle's Number couldn't have been re-allocated within such short period, the reason would have been the original owner did a backdoor vehicle licensing and he was allocated another existing Number. I wonder how he had been renewing the vehicle documents before he sold it to you. Also this call for a little investigation, ensure the car you bought has a clean title!!!
Re: Double Vehicle Registration Problem by means(m): 4:33pm On Mar 29, 2011
Thank you my bros for easing my pain and fears. Its really amazing because I have all the originals of the renewals to date. So tell me, do I need to start from the police first or just go back to the licensing office?
Re: Double Vehicle Registration Problem by samtoye(m): 5:22pm On Mar 29, 2011
Go back to the licensing office. Explain your issues to them, they would know better or to save you the hassle call this number, 08062420592, he works in the VIO licensing office in Ojodu, Berger, i hope he can give you useful info but if he can't go to any of their offices yourself. Also don't patronize touts!!!!!
Re: Double Vehicle Registration Problem by means(m): 5:26pm On Mar 29, 2011
Thank you real good. God bless. In any case, it seems from the reponse I got from my complaints that I have to start all over again even from the change of ownership to police report and court affidavit. But I have no other choice. Once again thanks man. And I forgot to say am in Warri not Lagos.

(1) (Reply)

Used 1999 Honda Crv For Sale: Moving Fast Asking Price 700,000 / Super Mint Registered 2007 Honda City For N1.6m / Exteremely Neat 07 Honda Accord[discussion Continue]for N1.550m 08023055599

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.