Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,165 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:16 AM

COVID-19: Why God Spared My Life — Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / COVID-19: Why God Spared My Life — Obasanjo (770 Views)

Simon Ikpa Boys Captured Igbo Road Safety Officer And Spared His Life / COVID-19: Why Buhari Turned Down Ganduje’s N15 Billion Request – Femi Adesina / Devil Almost Blinded My Eye But God Spared My Life" - Beautiful Lady(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

COVID-19: Why God Spared My Life — Obasanjo by chatinent: 12:32am On Jan 03, 2021
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo on Saturday , asked Nigerians who survived COVID - 19 and witness the New Year to thank God for His mercies.
Obasanjo said he knew the reason God spared his life to witness the New Year despite the turbulence and challenges posed to humanity in 2020 by COVID - 19 pandemic .

According to the ex - president , he was spared by God purposely to “ serve Him and humanity more and more ” .
Obasanjo , who is the Asiwaju Onigbagbo of Ogun State , spoke at the second annual Thanksgiving Service of the state chapter of the Christian Association of Nigeria held at the Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library , Abeokuta .

The former president said he survived 202 o not because he was more righteous or cleverer than any of those that were swept away by the pandemic in Nigeria , Africa , and the rest of the world .
He said it dawned on him clearer that God purposely kept him alive to serve Him and humanity more and more .
He said , “ It is our duty to give thanks to God . You will be the most ungrateful person if you do not perform the duty of giving thanks to God .

“ In all circumstances , give thanks . Therefore, if you fail to give thanks , you are failing a very significant duty of yours as a Christian .
“ Last year 2020 was a very challenging year not only for us in Nigeria, not only for us in Africa but for the whole world .
“ The fact that you are alive calls for giving thanks to God . It doesn ’ t matter which way you look at it , that those who you know as a result of Covid - 19 are no more here with us not because you are better than they are, more knowledgeable than they are , it ’ s just by the grace of God .

“ And if God gives you that grace, to still remain on earth , maybe for a purpose and I believe part of the purpose is for you to continue to serve humanity and to serve God . You cannot be a servant of God if you cannot give thanks to him .
“ The purpose of being here is to perform our duty as Christians, by giving thanks to God . ”

Source: https://punchng.com/covid-19-why-god-spared-my-life-obasanjo/

lalasticlala, mynd44
Re: COVID-19: Why God Spared My Life — Obasanjo by Acekidc4(m): 12:43am On Jan 03, 2021
Ebora Himself Please Never Die Yet Ooo, we still need you oooo infact I still need you oooo

After Every Actrocities Baba Commit, God still Bless am With Long Life and Plenty Children......Chai Who say to Commit no sweet......All you need is to Use Your Brain well and Zero Conscience
Re: COVID-19: Why God Spared My Life — Obasanjo by chatinent: 12:48am On Jan 03, 2021
Acekidc4:
Ebora Himself Please Never Die Yet Ooo, we still need you oooo infact I still need you oooo

Need him to do what? undecided
Re: COVID-19: Why God Spared My Life — Obasanjo by Acekidc4(m): 12:52am On Jan 03, 2021
chatinent:

Need him to do what? undecided

No Worry na Me Know
Re: COVID-19: Why God Spared My Life — Obasanjo by chatinent: 12:56am On Jan 03, 2021
Acekidc4:

No Worry na Me Know
They say it's 14 years imprisonment o.
Re: COVID-19: Why God Spared My Life — Obasanjo by Paperworka: 1:03am On Jan 03, 2021
Obasanjo God spared your life because he wants you to witness BIAFRA.

Infact I want Gowon and Ty Danjuma to remain alive also because they all fought in their own understanding to keep Nigeria one,

now same Fulani is ravaging their communities angry angry
Re: COVID-19: Why God Spared My Life — Obasanjo by Acekidc4(m): 1:04am On Jan 03, 2021
chatinent:

They say it's 14 years imprisonment o.

hahahahagringringrin.......See as Your Mind Dirty...chai....just see where You Think go
Re: COVID-19: Why God Spared My Life — Obasanjo by juman(m): 9:52am On Jan 03, 2021
Obasanjo is useless person that destroyed nigeria.
He is disgrace to humanity.
Re: COVID-19: Why God Spared My Life — Obasanjo by Miracle1991: 9:57am On Jan 03, 2021
Paperworka:
Obasanjo God spared your life because he wants you to witness BIAFRA.

Infact I want Gowon and Ty Danjuma to remain alive also because they all fought in their own understanding to keep Nigeria one,

now same Fulani is ravaging their communities angry angry

continue crying.
Re: COVID-19: Why God Spared My Life — Obasanjo by adekanmbi1986(m): 11:51am On Jan 03, 2021
Hmm

(1) (Reply)

Police Confirm 1 Death, Burning Of Station In Sokoto / What Kind Of Soap Is President Buhari Using For Nigerians That Makes Us Docile? / Top Lagos Politician Caught With Cocaine At Airport.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.