Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,965 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

How Can I Improve On My Dressing And Grooming As A 20 Year Old Guy? - Fashion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / How Can I Improve On My Dressing And Grooming As A 20 Year Old Guy? (21325 Views)

My Dressing For Work Today With Possible Undies / Hair Dressing And Tailoring Which Is Better / Enugu Police Arrest Two Ladies Walking On The Road For Indecent Dressing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Improve On My Dressing And Grooming As A 20 Year Old Guy? by Probz(m): 10:52pm On Nov 05, 2022
What’s a 2002 baby even doing on Nairaland?
Re: How Can I Improve On My Dressing And Grooming As A 20 Year Old Guy? by litaninja(m): 12:05am On Nov 06, 2022
No be dress sense you no get, na money be your problem. Once you start being able to afford it, your dress sense will improve with your exposure.

Poshvector12345:
Ladies and gentlemen welcome to my first inquiry.

Like most people who write about this sort of thing on nairaland I am introvert. But I don't think it is the reason for my lack of 'proper' grooming and fashion sense.

I say proper because I love the way I am and if it was possible I would stay like this. But in this life, your society will influence you whether you like it or not. 6 months from now I will be 21 and I will no longer be forgiven for my lack of proper male grooming and fashion.

What do I mean? For one, I hate cutting my hair and the small beard I have , talkless of combing it. Picture Woke Soyinka hair and beard, segalink's hair but uncombed, and shellock Holmes' attitude to vanity. Even Nair cutting is laborious.

I have never enter market to buy clothes alone before, all my clothe are bought by mum or my sisters. I follow my dad to buy sew clothe and to buy cover shoes. I don't have and fashion taste or identity.

I am in my fourth year of medical school, ward round and call demand I dress smart and dignified for the comfort of the patient, we are now supposed to wear corporate all days of the week and cheap ties will not do.

Whether I like or not, the way I dress, groom and look in school, church and the hospital is the way I will be addressed.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Improve On My Dressing And Grooming As A 20 Year Old Guy? by ExtremeDot: 1:25am On Nov 06, 2022
Poshvector12345:

But why is all this really necessary
Can I just be rated for my intellect regardless??

Haha. That's not possible. There is something called The Halo Effect. People's(especially strangers) mind will always first define or categorise or jugde you at first, according to how you dress and look.

It's a bias, but notwithstanding, that's reality for you.
Re: How Can I Improve On My Dressing And Grooming As A 20 Year Old Guy? by xtremeTall(m): 1:51am On Nov 06, 2022
May God continue to Enlighten and open your eyes
Re: How Can I Improve On My Dressing And Grooming As A 20 Year Old Guy? by Poshvector12345: 7:04am On Nov 06, 2022
Omo which mod dig up this post??
Sha I don de improve small small since I dropped this post.
My standard haircut is now a simple fade done every two weeks.
I am still skinny sha, but í have come to realize that as far as you don iron the cloth come get small confidence, pple go just believe say fella or bongo be your style .
I still dey use my Vaseline. grin grin It's now 400# chai from 250
I buy one small oil perfume but I don't always remember to use it,thank God I no dey sweat anyhow.
I never still buy sneaker, their price plus say I no get where to wear them go on a regular.

Funny thing
When i posted this first,
I was in year 4
Update 2 years later
Na now I wan start the year 5.
Naija sha embarassed embarassed

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Improve On My Dressing And Grooming As A 20 Year Old Guy? by plantainbender(m): 7:36am On Nov 06, 2022
Year 5 about to start in 6 years? Welcome to reality smiley

Poshvector12345:
Omo which mod dig up this post??
Sha I don de improve small small since I dropped this post.
My standard haircut is now a simple fade done every two weeks.
I am still skinny sha, but í have come to realize that as far as you don iron the cloth come get small confidence, pple go just believe say fella or bongo be your style .
I still dey use my Vaseline. grin grin It's now 400# chai from 250
I buy one small oil perfume but I don't always remember to use it,thank God I no dey sweat anyhow.
I never still buy sneaker, their price plus say I no get where to wear them go on a regular.

Funny thing
When i posted this first,
I was in year 4
Update 2 years later
Na now I wan start the year 5.
Naija sha embarassed embarassed
Re: How Can I Improve On My Dressing And Grooming As A 20 Year Old Guy? by Beey(f): 8:08am On Nov 06, 2022
malali:
Ifeanyi Adeleke was autistic.
His death reeks of orchestration.
Societal stigma of rich wealthy people having autistic children should be softened.

#Autism speaks.
Can you please just stop! Are you implying the parents organized his death? I don’t know why our society enjoys hitting people when they are already down. When a child of a wealthy person dies, rumor mongering starts. These people have feelings just like ordinary people but social media liars and bullies are no joke. Pray such a thing never happens to you.
Re: How Can I Improve On My Dressing And Grooming As A 20 Year Old Guy? by Beey(f): 8:42am On Nov 06, 2022
Poshvector12345:

Like most people who write about this sort of thing on nairaland I am introvert. But I don't think it is the reason for my lack of 'proper' grooming and fashion sense.

I say proper because I love the way I am and if it was possible I would stay like this. But in this life, your society will influence you whether you like it or not. 6 months from now I will be 21 and I will no longer be forgiven for my lack of proper male grooming and fashion.

What do I mean? For one, I hate cutting my hair and the small beard I have , talkless of combing it. Picture Woke Soyinka hair and beard, segalink's hair but uncombed, and shellock Holmes' attitude to vanity. Even Nair cutting is laborious.

I have never enter market to buy clothes alone before, all my clothe are bought by mum or my sisters. I follow my dad to buy sew clothe and to buy cover shoes. I don't have and fashion taste or identity.

I am in my fourth year of medical school, ward round and call demand I dress smart and dignified for the comfort of the patient, we are now supposed to wear corporate all days of the week and cheap ties will not do.

Whether I like or not, the way I dress, groom and look in school, church and the hospital is the way I will be addressed.

I can relate because I used to be like you at that age. A mommy’s girl with my mom always shopping for me till she got tired & stopped. Told me to start going to the clothes store myself. What helped me was watching a show that used to change people’s dress looks, more
Like a makeover. I got to know my figure type and the kind of clothes that flatter my shape. I have some picture ideas for you, but would suggest you open an account on Pinterest if you don’t have one. You’ll get all the different looks and maybe led to websites that will teach you the latest on men’s fashion. What I know about men is that the shoe and the belt should match in color.

Re: How Can I Improve On My Dressing And Grooming As A 20 Year Old Guy? by Pinterest: 8:44am On Nov 06, 2022
Beey:
I can relate because I used to be like you at that age. A mommy’s girl with my mom always shopping for me till she got tired & stopped. Told me to start going to the clothes store myself. What helped me was watching a show that used to change people’s dress looks, more
Like a makeover. I got to know my figure type and the kind of clothes that flatter my shape. I have some picture ideas for you, but would suggest you open an account on Pinterest if you don’t have one. You’ll get all the different looks and maybe led to websites that will teach you the latest on men’s fashion. What I know about men is that the shoe and the belt should match in color.

Why me?! undecided
Re: How Can I Improve On My Dressing And Grooming As A 20 Year Old Guy? by Pinterest: 8:45am On Nov 06, 2022
Lamanii22:
Pinterest app would help you

No. I won’t. shocked
Re: How Can I Improve On My Dressing And Grooming As A 20 Year Old Guy? by Beey(f): 8:46am On Nov 06, 2022
Pinterest:

Why me?! undecided
LOL blame it on picking the name of a popular website.
Re: How Can I Improve On My Dressing And Grooming As A 20 Year Old Guy? by Beey(f): 8:48am On Nov 06, 2022
Poshvector12345:

This is a business casual look.

Re: How Can I Improve On My Dressing And Grooming As A 20 Year Old Guy? by Beey(f): 8:50am On Nov 06, 2022
Poshvector12345:

Business look

Re: How Can I Improve On My Dressing And Grooming As A 20 Year Old Guy? by yungevvy(m): 10:47am On Nov 06, 2022
GreatCIS:
Just passing by and struck by your frankness and eagerness. I'm open for friendship to walk you through the paths. Write me via greatchibueze@gmail.com if you care. Blessings!

Thanks for the reply, I will.
Re: How Can I Improve On My Dressing And Grooming As A 20 Year Old Guy? by KennethEnyi(m): 10:50am On Nov 06, 2022
Kingpele:
Go to school and get a job, when u get money ,u will naturally want to dress up in a way that matches your status

This one is just talking rubbish is that what they ask u
Mumu

Do you know whether he wants to dress well to attract girls?

Go school ko ode
U wey go school kn wey ur private jet
Ode
Re: How Can I Improve On My Dressing And Grooming As A 20 Year Old Guy? by KennethEnyi(m): 11:03am On Nov 06, 2022
You are coming to Nairaland a platform filled with useless people to solicit for advice?
Nawa for u o
U fuc.k up
Re: How Can I Improve On My Dressing And Grooming As A 20 Year Old Guy? by Ijb11: 3:04pm On Nov 06, 2022
How
Re: How Can I Improve On My Dressing And Grooming As A 20 Year Old Guy? by Obnoxious2001(m): 5:38pm On Nov 06, 2022
Poshvector12345:

OP I understand ya pain.

So I would advise you read dress for success by John molloy the the dress engineer that's what he calls himself.

In the book you would learn to choose colors that are appealing to your size, type of haircut and why and most especially how to dress to make an impression for your medical school stuff is very important.

You dressing helps people to remember who you are and what you said.
I have tried his methods and they are excellent even though the book is old, I still make reference to it in my outfits.

Good luck doc.
Re: How Can I Improve On My Dressing And Grooming As A 20 Year Old Guy? by dongidz: 10:44pm On Nov 06, 2022
Send a message maxxiayo@gmail.com wud be glad to help u
Re: How Can I Improve On My Dressing And Grooming As A 20 Year Old Guy? by Godsownfc(m): 11:49am On Nov 18, 2022
Be fashion wise

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Skin Problem Charts / Mercy Aigbe's Sparkly AMMA Outfit / Help! Silka Papaya Soap Is Breaking Me Out!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.