Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,476 members, 7,850,648 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:44 AM

Abia Community Confers Sen. Kalu With Apex Traditional Title (photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia Community Confers Sen. Kalu With Apex Traditional Title (photos) (400 Views)

BREAKING!!! 2023: PDP Woos Orji Kalu With Presidential Ticket / Emir Of Daura Honours Orji Kalu With Highest Title In Buhari's Village (Photos) / Obioakpa Community Confers Prof. Eno Ibanga With An Excellence Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abia Community Confers Sen. Kalu With Apex Traditional Title (photos) by Wisdomkosi(m): 10:26pm On Jan 03, 2021
Abia Community Confers Sen. Kalu With Apex Traditional Title (Photos) | IGBERE TV

Pleased by his infrastructural strides in developing their community, the Ihechiowa community in Arochukwu LG of Abia-North, on Sunday, confered the apex chieftaincy title on the Chief Whip of the Senate , Senator Orji Uzor Kalu, Igbere TV reports.

The title "IKENGA ATA IGBO-UKWU UMUZOMGBO IHECHIOWA" was confered on Senator Kalu by the traditional ruler of the community HRH, EZE LINUS NTO MBAH, (Eze Udo 1) of Ata Igbo-Ukwu Umuzomgbo Autonomous Community.

The event was preceded by a Holy mass at Mater Misericordia Catholic Church, Umuzomgbo Ihechiowa, Arochukwu followed by ceremony held at the Palace of Eze Linus.

The occasion had in attendance dignitaries drawn from the political , traditional business sectors such as All Progressive's Congress Stakeholder in Arochukwu Chief Joe Eze Aroh, Chief Nweke Chukwudi, Chief Daniel Okeke, Member Abia State House of Assembly Chief Mike Ukoha, Chairman APC Arochukwu Mr. John I Okoro, Hon. Princess Monica Uche amongst others.

Outlining the reasons for bestowing Senator Kalu with the title, Eze Linus enumerated the infrastructures attracted by Senator Kalu to their community, the traditional ruler said the Chief Whip had distinguished himself at the Senate within his first year in office.

In his words " We are gathered here today to witness the conferment of the highest title in our land to our great son and Senatorial representative. Within his first year at the Senate , he has distinguished himself in many ways most especially the road construction he has attracted to our community.

We are more than pleased to have him as our Senator and the Chief Whip of Nigeria. This title is our way of recognizing his achievements and immense contributions to the 9th Senate of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and the development of the Igbo Nation.

A major highlight of the event was the decoration of Senator Kalu with a unique traditional attire and his adornment with other traditional items by HRH Eze Okereke O. Obasiugo Ochi Oha Eze Ikwun Autonomous community.

Expressing his gratitude to the elated audience gathered at the Palace, the former Governor and serving Chief Whip of the Senate , described the title as task to facilitate more developmental projects to the community and Abia North.

He said "This title means "the right hand man" for me this is an encouragement to do more for our community. As a legislative my main duty is to duty is to make laws for our people but we are going beyond that by executing infrastructural projects for our people. During the last election Ohafia gave 96% votes so don't be surprised because there are five new roads ongoing in Ohafia.

"President Buhari appreciates Abia-North because this is the only zone in the entire Southeast and South-South that gave him 68% votes in the last election. It is the more reason he loves our zone and has approved the 12 billion naira Umuahia- Arochukwu road and other projects.

Dismissing the misconceptions the held by Southeasterns about his party the APC ,Kalu said the party was not an Islamic party , the chief Whip explained to the audience that the party belonged to all Nigerians regardless of tribe or religion saying that he is a staunch Catholic but still belonged to the party.

The occasion featured traditional displays, musical performances, masquerade dance presentations and a bouquet.

STAY WITH IGBERE TV. AFRICA'S NO1 COMMUNITY TV.

Source : https://igberetvnews.com/1377792/abia-community-confers-sen-kalu-apex-traditional-title-photos/

Re: Abia Community Confers Sen. Kalu With Apex Traditional Title (photos) by Poloyanabo2(m): 10:31pm On Jan 03, 2021
See how a monumental failure in governance and a certified looter is being celebrated and decorated...

And am sure his people are planning to send him as a presidential nominee come 2023, if any such plan is under way then is dead on arrival just like that of the Bullion van merchant

Re: Abia Community Confers Sen. Kalu With Apex Traditional Title (photos) by Flexherbal(m): 10:35pm On Jan 03, 2021
Alright
Re: Abia Community Confers Sen. Kalu With Apex Traditional Title (photos) by NwaNimo1(m): 11:36pm On Jan 03, 2021
Re: Abia Community Confers Sen. Kalu With Apex Traditional Title (photos) by kalu61(m): 1:07am On Jan 04, 2021
Thats my village yesterday with one of the richest dude from Arochukwu.

OUK is seriously wooing PDP members in Abia north or his presidency. Which ever way, success comes to those who work for it.
Re: Abia Community Confers Sen. Kalu With Apex Traditional Title (photos) by SmartPolician: 5:05am On Jan 04, 2021
kalu61:
Thats my village yesterday with one of the richest dude from Arochukwu.

OUK is seriously wooing PDP members in Abia north or his presidency. Which ever way, success comes to those who work for it.

Going by your moniker, OUK is probably your distant uncle. Tell him to campaign for Dave Umahi in 2023 because his ticket cannot fly. Abia State is a wreck today because OUK and many others made it so.

When I see the brazen display of mediocre projects in his OUK Movement billboards, I shake my head in disbelief.

If Nigeria must get a president of Igbo extraction, Dave Umahi, Peter Obi and Ogbonnaya Onu are great ideas. People like Orji Kalu and Rochas Okorocha should respect themselves and support others.

2 Likes

Re: Abia Community Confers Sen. Kalu With Apex Traditional Title (photos) by Racoon(m): 5:38am On Jan 04, 2021
Someone that ought to have long returned to Kuje Prison as a bonafide inmate after his botched trial but see how people glorify criminals and their oppressors.
Re: Abia Community Confers Sen. Kalu With Apex Traditional Title (photos) by Racoon(m): 5:38am On Jan 04, 2021
SmartPolician:
...If Nigeria must get a president of Igbo extraction, Dave Umahi, Peter Obi and Ogbonnaya Onu are great ideas. People like Orji Kalu and Rochas Okorocha should respect themselves and support others.
I used to be an advocate of fairness or equity but never again because the structural, political, economic, ethno-religious imbalance Nigeria is sitting on @ present have made total restructuring or disintegration a must.Nigeria will never know peace if none of this is ever done even though the problems may shift to the regions if it eventually happens.

The damage wreaked on this nation by past military leaders especially the defective constitution handed over, actions & decisions of the sitting president is gonna take donkey's years to correct let alone before any meaningful development takes place.

So no reasonable Igbo man or any other Nigerian must ever see the presidency as the most coveted prize to be won because the challenges are so enormous that only a regional govt can start true nation building while contributing a smaller agreed quota to the central government if so desired.
Re: Abia Community Confers Sen. Kalu With Apex Traditional Title (photos) by kalu61(m): 6:17am On Jan 04, 2021
SmartPolician:

Going by your moniker, OUK is probably your distant uncle. Tell him to campaign for Dave Umahi in 2023 because his ticket cannot fly. Abia State is a wreck today because OUK and many others made it so.

When I see the brazen display of mediocre projects in his OUK Movement billboards, I shake my head in disbelief.

If Nigeria must get a president of Igbo extraction, Dave Umahi, Peter Obi and Ogbonnaya Onu are great ideas. People like Orji Kalu and Rochas Okorocha should respect themselves and support others.

He is not my uncle, We are from different LGA but just happened to share same surname. That being said.

OUK corruption is no longer news in Nigeria but Nigeria politics is not for the least corrupt but your network, pocket size and probably who the creme de la creme endorses.

Umahi is Igbo best bet in APC but he is still a light weight politician as long as Nigeria politics is concern. Somebody who cannot pull his state to APC, how much does he has. ls he networking? Even Tinubu knows that Bullion van is needed. Rochase has recognized the place of OUK in APC in South East. Has he been talking again?

While Umahi will be banking on the PMB and other northern governors goodwill to endorse him and problem control him, OUK is transversing the country to build bridges since 1999. So, whichever way, it's a win win for igbos in that regard.

Let it be known that restructuring is still the country best bet. Wether, Hausa, Igbo or Yoruba, restructuring will happen under a sitting president but for equity, fairness and justice, the sitting president should be of Igbo extraction.

(1) (Reply)

TONY NNADI ON AIT – UPDATE ON 90 DAY ULTIMATUM RE: CONSTITUTIONAL FORCE MAJEURE / Why Is Boko Haram Still In Existence In Nigeria?(conspiracy Theory) / FFK Reacts As Regards The Clash Between The Nigerian Soldiers And The ESN.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.