Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,455 members, 7,816,050 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

Africans In America Who Have Decided To Live The "urban" Ghetto Lifestyle - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Africans In America Who Have Decided To Live The "urban" Ghetto Lifestyle (3126 Views)

Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) / Is African Culture Becoming Ghetto Culture? / Nigerian Ghetto Names (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Africans In America Who Have Decided To Live The "urban" Ghetto Lifestyle by Nobody: 5:33pm On Mar 31, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

Your experiences and the kind of Nigerians you have encountered or socialize with are not a representation of Nigerians as a whole. Like you said, it boiles down to who you know. As a group, we are not all the same.

It matters not if it represents or not. With my [/b]sample, [b]I'm allowed to make a 99% confidence interval that 99% of Nigerians, if they could, would not choose to live the "'urban' ghetto lifestyle".

A.D.M.:

I apologize for my assumptin, Ileke-Idi. It was silly of me to make to make that assumption without looking at the comments in their entirety.

No problem.
Re: Africans In America Who Have Decided To Live The "urban" Ghetto Lifestyle by laglad: 10:34pm On Nov 09, 2012
I'm loving this discussion. I personally went through a ghetto lifestyle phase, but it was just a phase and it happened when I was in Naij.

I have a quick favor to ask if you have 30s.

I'm a student at Dartmouth. For an entrepreneurship class, I started www.NigerianFoods.com, a service for delivering Nigerian ingredients to all 50 US States.

Please take a 30-second survey to help us with our service -> http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/PJ6WY2M

1 Like

Re: Africans In America Who Have Decided To Live The "urban" Ghetto Lifestyle by Originalsly: 4:24am On Nov 10, 2012
Does having 4 children with different fathers make a person ghetto? Don't you have rich women with children from different fathers? What is ghetto lifestyle? If you grow up in the ghetto then you will most likely have a ghetto lifestyle. Then my ghetto standard may be different from yours....in Texas would be a luxury to one in NYC and the one in NYC a lcuxury to one in Lagos. Africans do end up in the ghetto. If by choice...I would say is because they watched too much videos/ listen too much music that glorify that lifestyle and believe its cool to live like that. Then there are those who think as long as they arrive in America by any means necessary....all will be well. When faced with reality circumstances have reduced some to this standard of living. It is for this reason that many can't return home nor have the courage to tell of their demise. Ghetto lifestyle by choice...few, by circumstances ...too many.

1 Like

Re: Africans In America Who Have Decided To Live The "urban" Ghetto Lifestyle by tpia1: 4:37am On Nov 10, 2012
when you're uprooted from the life and culture you know, and thrown somewhere else where you have to learn to adapt to a different value system, anything goes.

not everyone will be remain 100% the way they were, in nigeria.

sad but true.
Re: Africans In America Who Have Decided To Live The "urban" Ghetto Lifestyle by Blyss: 9:28pm On Nov 10, 2012
2buff: Hmm, interesting.

Anyway, I don't think I've ever heard of nigerian peeps living like that. We too like efizy.

wherever I've been to, naija no dey carry last. grin

LOL. Where in the hell do you live, I've seen many.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Esan Language, Uromi, Edo State / Traditional Nigerian Music Help / Igbo Village In Virginia Nearing Completion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.