Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,108 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:06 AM

What Herbert Macaulay Way In Yaba, Lagos Looks Like In 2021 (pics, Video) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Herbert Macaulay Way In Yaba, Lagos Looks Like In 2021 (pics, Video) (52145 Views)

Herbert Macaulay Road, Yaba Has Pedestrian Bridges That Nobody Uses / Before Noon, See How Ikorodu Road, Lagos, Looks Like (PHOTOS) / This Is What Lagos Looks Like On Weekends - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Herbert Macaulay Way In Yaba, Lagos Looks Like In 2021 (pics, Video) by Ofemmanu1: 5:22pm On Jan 04, 2021
hkidola00:
could chymall be a scam
Yes it could be.
The Chinese govt just made a decree to cut all China multinational firm into size.

Even the Billionaire; Jack ma of Alibaba has gone Exile.
Re: What Herbert Macaulay Way In Yaba, Lagos Looks Like In 2021 (pics, Video) by anochuko01(m): 5:28pm On Jan 04, 2021
The road brings back memories.
After spending my tp, myself and some friends would trek all the way from command children school to adekunle police barracks...98/99. My dream was to attend Kings College after primary school cry

We rocked row park those days. Its separated from the barracks with just a fence. Myself and some guys would pass through holes in the fence into the park to play and pluck mangoes.

With this my height, I would have easily been a sportsman if my family hadn't moved. A neighbor played lawn tennis and found his way to the US. There used to be several international tournaments in that place, with buses bringing in foreign delegates in their numbers.

Anyone from Block 6 Women Barracks? Yomi, Ayo, and Enoh.

I still remember ndidi who use to take first position when we were in primary 1, chidinma who shocked everyone to take third position and the biggest shock being the Hausa boy that one came fourth.

I really wish I could meet some of this people.
Re: What Herbert Macaulay Way In Yaba, Lagos Looks Like In 2021 (pics, Video) by Dollanaira: 5:46pm On Jan 04, 2021
Really
Re: What Herbert Macaulay Way In Yaba, Lagos Looks Like In 2021 (pics, Video) by etrouble: 6:00pm On Jan 04, 2021
hedonister:
I drove around one of the most popular high streets in Lagos. The Herbert Macaulay way is located in Yaba and is also contiguous to Ebute Meta. The road also connects the Mainland to the Island.

It's a street that is named after Nigeria's foremost nationalist, Herbert Macaulay.

I hope you enjoy the pictures and video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44RXvn5-kjM

My hood. Born in Yaba. Went to Primary School in Yaba. Went to Secondary School in Yaba. Went to Yabatech. Yaba isn’t called Lagos Mainland for fun, there is are reasons and the reasons are obvious.

Please always add that Herbert Macaulay is the grandson of Reverend Samuel Ajayi Crowther, the man that first translated the Bible to Yoruba language.
Re: What Herbert Macaulay Way In Yaba, Lagos Looks Like In 2021 (pics, Video) by etrouble: 6:02pm On Jan 04, 2021
No
Firstorderwizard:
Over rated slum

Lazy youth, post pictures of the most beautiful cities in your region
Re: What Herbert Macaulay Way In Yaba, Lagos Looks Like In 2021 (pics, Video) by PHAYOL81: 6:03pm On Jan 04, 2021
Good job, Op. And don't mind the negative contributions. Even the advance countries have videos showing places and sections in their cities. They are done by bloggers, leisure-drivers, etc.
That aside, I happened to be in Yaba a couple of weeks ago and i realised things are gradually changing there for good. I saw like four highrises going on around the places i covered too. Most of the roads have been reconstruted too. With the way things are going, we just need to be patient and supportive by contributing our quarters, Lagos will get there.
And to him that made mention of seeing skyscrappers in mockery; please be aware that skyscrapers isnt a measure of development but facilities and commercial and social viability. Else your Dubai, Tokyo, Beijine, Osaka, Hongkong, Seoule, etc wouldnt have been behind Paris and London, that have got only few of your skyscrapers, in the ratings of developed cities.
I expected the critism to be based on the drainage system and some few old houses still around.
Re: What Herbert Macaulay Way In Yaba, Lagos Looks Like In 2021 (pics, Video) by olawonder(m): 6:09pm On Jan 04, 2021
If you walk along that fence by the road, you’ll smell the most potent perfume u’ve ever smelt in your life!
Re: What Herbert Macaulay Way In Yaba, Lagos Looks Like In 2021 (pics, Video) by MichaelSokoto(m): 6:34pm On Jan 04, 2021
ee nor change at all!

Same same it was in d 90s wey I dey use leg waka d road.

cool
Re: What Herbert Macaulay Way In Yaba, Lagos Looks Like In 2021 (pics, Video) by ajebuter(f): 7:01pm On Jan 04, 2021
CalliDora1:
Is it up to Agnes bus stop? I really don't know where Herbert macualey ends.

It ends under that Jibowu / yaba intersection

1 Like

Re: What Herbert Macaulay Way In Yaba, Lagos Looks Like In 2021 (pics, Video) by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jan 04, 2021
ajebuter:

It ends under that Jibowu / yaba intersection

Ok, dear.

Thanks.
Re: What Herbert Macaulay Way In Yaba, Lagos Looks Like In 2021 (pics, Video) by Emeka71(m): 7:08pm On Jan 04, 2021
The road runs all the way from Jibowu to Ebutte-metta.
Re: What Herbert Macaulay Way In Yaba, Lagos Looks Like In 2021 (pics, Video) by namo77: 7:23pm On Jan 04, 2021
Still the same
Re: What Herbert Macaulay Way In Yaba, Lagos Looks Like In 2021 (pics, Video) by barristerbiodun(m): 7:26pm On Jan 04, 2021
Nice post. I actually have a brief around there I've been looking for a reliable developer for. Any leads?

hedonister:
I drove around one of the most popular high streets in Lagos. The Herbert Macaulay way is located in Yaba and is also contiguous to Ebute Meta. The road also connects the Mainland to the Island.

It's a street that is named after Nigeria's foremost nationalist, Herbert Macaulay.

I hope you enjoy the pictures and video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44RXvn5-kjM

Re: What Herbert Macaulay Way In Yaba, Lagos Looks Like In 2021 (pics, Video) by Lashist(m): 7:30pm On Jan 04, 2021
CalliDora1:

Those good roads and buildings you see have been there ever before Buhari and sanwo olu regime. Though they did a few reconstructions on the roads some last two years ago.

That's why i compared the good roads with the ones in new york and co cheesy...you darling daddy is working right?? grin

1 Like

Re: What Herbert Macaulay Way In Yaba, Lagos Looks Like In 2021 (pics, Video) by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jan 04, 2021
Lashist:

That's why i compared the good roads with the ones in new york and co cheesy...you darling daddy is working right?? grin
Well??
Re: What Herbert Macaulay Way In Yaba, Lagos Looks Like In 2021 (pics, Video) by Lashist(m): 7:34pm On Jan 04, 2021
CalliDora1:

Well??
I mean your darling daddy bubu is indeed working hard for the poor masses right??
Re: What Herbert Macaulay Way In Yaba, Lagos Looks Like In 2021 (pics, Video) by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jan 04, 2021
Lashist:

I mean your darling daddy bubu is indeed working hard for the poor masses right??

Oh, that...

What can I say?
Re: What Herbert Macaulay Way In Yaba, Lagos Looks Like In 2021 (pics, Video) by Lashist(m): 7:37pm On Jan 04, 2021
CalliDora1:

Oh, that...

What can I say?

Say no more bro
Re: What Herbert Macaulay Way In Yaba, Lagos Looks Like In 2021 (pics, Video) by sonickay(m): 1:08am On Jan 05, 2021
I almost died November 27, 2020. I don't normally ply that route on my way to Ojuelegba but that fateful day I checked my right alone and didn't avert my mind to the legalized one-way traffic. I pedaled into the road and got hit by a speeding one-way driver. Although, the impact dumped on the bonnet which I clung to till he engaged his brakes, I was seriously injured and my fat tire bicycle was damaged beyond recognition. Government needs to address theseegal one-ways proactively. This particular one-way has been existing for years, is it until protests or deaths occur?
2special:
Some of the roads around that axis are one-way, a first timer needs to be careful and observant of the road signs.

1 Like

Re: What Herbert Macaulay Way In Yaba, Lagos Looks Like In 2021 (pics, Video) by Peppermintflav: 9:04am On Jan 05, 2021
That year.... kiss
Re: What Herbert Macaulay Way In Yaba, Lagos Looks Like In 2021 (pics, Video) by ericmor: 7:25pm On Jan 05, 2021
CalliDora1:
Is it up to Agnes bus stop? I really don't know where Herbert macualey ends.

Bro, that is my area for years and I dont even know which one is Herbert macualey is exactly, even ericmor road self I no know which is which. I only know sabo, unilag road and st Dominic church
Re: What Herbert Macaulay Way In Yaba, Lagos Looks Like In 2021 (pics, Video) by ericmor: 7:27pm On Jan 05, 2021
sonickay:
I almost died November 27, 2020. I don't normally ply that route on my way to Ojuelegba but that fateful day I checked my right alone and didn't avert my mind to the legalized one-way traffic. I pedaled into the road and got hit by a speeding one-way driver. Although, the impact dumped on the bonnet which I clung to till he engaged his brakes, I was seriously injured and my fat tire bicycle was damaged beyond recognition. Government needs to address theseegal one-ways proactively. This particular one-way has been existing for years, is it until protests or deaths occur?

Road In that area is not well planned
Re: What Herbert Macaulay Way In Yaba, Lagos Looks Like In 2021 (pics, Video) by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jan 05, 2021
ericmor:

Bro, that is my area for years and I dont even know which one is Herbert macualey is exactly, even ericmor road self I no know which is which. I only know sabo, unilag road and st Dominic church

me too. its my area for years but i still know all the way from the bridge down to yaba phase two. just didnt know Herbert macauley continues down to Jibowu.
Re: What Herbert Macaulay Way In Yaba, Lagos Looks Like In 2021 (pics, Video) by NEATPlus1(m): 6:14pm On Nov 13, 2021
Hmmmm. Make better looks and lasting clothes with the Right Solvent, Soap and Chemicals @neatplus.laundry . Call or WhatsApp 0812-473-7398 for NEATPlus 24 hours Return Time...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photos Of Mile 2, Apapa Expressway / 'Idiot' British Student Who Took Holiday To Afghanistan Because It Was Dangerous / FG Announces Five Airports To Be Reopened By June 21

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.