Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,826 members, 7,817,410 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:47 AM

Do U Believe The World Is Coming To An End - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do U Believe The World Is Coming To An End (229 Views)

What Are You Thanking For As 2022 Is Coming To An End? / What Are You Thanking God For As 2020 Is Coming To An End? / The World's Pain Is Coming To An End Soon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do U Believe The World Is Coming To An End by Abetterperson: 6:07pm On Jan 04, 2021
we have all heard it before"repent the world will soon end" but how true is this statement and how many of you believe it

my opinion: I do believe in God, and I have used used Christianity as a way of self empowerment but sometimes I do sin which makes me ask the question how big of a sin will take one to hell, because we all sin.

1 Like

Re: Do U Believe The World Is Coming To An End by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:29pm On Jan 04, 2021
The world in question is not the planet earth but the larger population of inhabitants on planet earth who are evildoers!
As for sin that's why you need to be in the midst of God's true worshipers, because it's not just the sin that's leading to destruction but rebelliousness. So for you to be saved you must recognize the one and only true Christian group, learn how to start washing your garment along with others, humbly accept reproof through God's arrangement and always maintaining your position in the midst of God's true servants!
By so doing you will help yourself and others too.

Abetterperson:

we have all heard it before"repent the world will soon end" but how true is this statement and how many of you believe it

my opinion: I do believe in God, and I have used used Christianity as a way of self empowerment but sometimes I do sin which makes me ask the question how big of a sin will take one to hell, because we all sin.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do U Believe The World Is Coming To An End by inforesource: 6:32pm On Jan 04, 2021
Have you accepted Jesus Christ as your LORD and SAVIOUR? If "YES", let the HOLY GHOST WORK in you and you will see the difference. It is not strange for a believer to fall into sin but it is strange for a believer to stay in sin. READ YOUR SCRIPTURE AND PRAY ALWAYS. One day this world will end. You can see it all around you. It may not end during your life time. How long do we even live in this world? At most 140, if there is any. But that is so so short a time.
Re: Do U Believe The World Is Coming To An End by LordReed(m): 7:49pm On Jan 04, 2021
I don't believe the world is about to end in the context of religious texts proclamations.

1 Like

Re: Do U Believe The World Is Coming To An End by JayReeMai(m): 8:28pm On Jan 04, 2021
Man is the only one that can put an end to this world. Maybe through war, disease or something that can wipe out humanity.
Re: Do U Believe The World Is Coming To An End by paxonel(m): 8:51pm On Jan 04, 2021
The bible never said this world is coming to an end. Infact, the bible emphasized that God's kingdom is forever, and God's kingdom is on this earth. So, if the earth ends one day how is God's kingdom then forever?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do U Believe The World Is Coming To An End by franklytrue(m): 9:57pm On Jan 04, 2021
LordReed:
I don't believe the world is about to end in the context of religious texts proclamations.
cc: Abetterperson.

The world will end but the earth will not end. The world, as the scriptures refers to atimes, is the wicked/corrupt social system of man, while the earth is the physical planet.

The EARTH is the LORD's and the fulness thereof but Satan is the god of this WORLD.
(Ps. 24:1, 89:11, 2 Cor. 4:4)

The world is refered to in three ways:
1) The world as the physical planet that God made (1 Tim. 6:7,17, Psalm 73:12, Heb. 1:2,6; ch 11:3)

2) The world as the natural social order of men - people in general, that God still love and we should (Psalm 9:8; 22:27, Matt. 24:21, John 3:16, Luke 20:35)

3) The wicked world of men as the corrupted social order that we should not love for which Satan is their god (Isaiah 13:11, Matt. 13:38-40,49, John 14:30, 1 John 2:15-17)
There are still several references to the list above.

The world (no. 3) will end but the world (no. 1, and no. 2 when it is renewed) will not end. Nos. 1 & 2 are used interchangeably.

"...Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness." - 2 Pet. 3:9-13

"And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea." - Rev. 21:1

'And the LORD smelled a sweet savour; and the LORD said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake; for the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth; neither will I again smite any more every thing living, as I have done.
While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease.' - Gen. 8:21-22

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do U Believe The World Is Coming To An End by DeusXmachina: 1:19am On Jan 07, 2021
The world is always ending to someone somewhere.
To the people being killed in warzones, dying in natural or man made disasters, people experiencing hardships with no relief in site.

But, no I don't believe in the world is coming to an end in the mythical/biblical context.

However I believe apocalypse is always close, but we can never know when or what may cause it. Could be a psychopathic leader with access to nuclear weaponry, lethal mutant pathogens (natural or man made), astroid impacts, solar flares, climate crisis etc. Take you pick.

(1) (Reply)

Am I The Only One That Feels This Way? / How To Nourish Your Wife / Differences Between My Christian Friends And I

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.