Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,978 members, 7,825,057 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

Presidential Race-atiku, Ibb, Gusau For Buhari! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidential Race-atiku, Ibb, Gusau For Buhari! (1435 Views)

APC Gusau Rally LIVE - Holding In The Tick Of The Mid-night - See Photos / Certificate Saga: Withdraw From Presidential Race, PDP Tells Buhari / PDP Presidential Campaign Rally in Gusau, Zamfara State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Presidential Race-atiku, Ibb, Gusau For Buhari! by ziccoit: 7:07am On Mar 30, 2011
By EMMANUEL AZIKEN, Political Editor & DAPO AKINREFON
LAGOS – THE 2011 presidential contest was, last night, enveloped in a game of intrigues over possible alliances by opposition parties against the incumbent, President Goodluck Jonathan of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.

The intrigues being laced around plans to build a consensus Northern presidential candidate came against the background of reports that three former presidential aspirants of the PDP from the North had lent their political machines in the Southwest behind the Congress for Progressive Change, CPC, presidential candidate Gen. Muhammadu Buhari.

Former Vice-President Atiku Abubakar, one of the three aspirants was, however, non committal on the issue, yesterday, as he affirmed that he was keeping his options on the April 9 presidential contest open.

Vanguard learnt that Atiku was carefully avoiding contacts with any of the presidential candidates.
Associates of former President Ibrahim Babangida and Gen. Aliyu Gusau were, however, divided on the Buhari option.

The confusion was further heightened last night after the Northern Political Leaders Forum, NPLF, at the end of a meeting kept mute. Atiku, Babangida and Gusau were reportedly present at the meeting, and no communiqué was issued at the end.

However, normally reliable sources in the NPLF told Vanguard that Babangida, Atiku and Gusau had already lent their machines in the Southwest to Buhari. One source within the movement said: “We have decided to support Buhari and the structures in the Southwest are now actively working to strengthen Buhari in the region.”

Reaction from Buhari’s team

Repeated efforts to get a reaction from Buhari’s spokesman, Yinka Odumakin, on the development were unsuccessful at press time. Atiku’s spokesman, Mallam Garba Shehu, flatly denied any collaboration between Atiku and Buhari in the Southwest.

He told Vanguard: “It is not true and Atiku has declined to meet with any of the presidential candidates. It is not for nothing that though there have been requests that he has decided to put his distance to all for now.”

The intrigues and the silence of the Northern political leaders is coming against the background of the proposed collaboration between the CPC and Action Congress of Nigeria, ACN in the presidential contest.

The two parties are expected to meet early next week to take a decision that may entail one of the parties stepping down its presidential candidate in order to allow a united front against the PDP’s Dr. Jonathan.

The NPLF at the end of a meeting with South East leaders on March 24 had parried support for the PDP’s Jonathan saying in a communiqué that their followers should support only those candidates in support of zoning.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/03/presidential-race-atiku-ibb-gusau-silent/
Re: Presidential Race-atiku, Ibb, Gusau For Buhari! by Solomon227(m): 8:02am On Mar 30, 2011
Please be careful all BB Suporters and well-meaning Nigerians GEJ mad dogs have nothing to sell in Jonathan and have resorted to dirty kicks.,.,.,they will fail all the way. I received this message from a friend. This is not from our Hnorable General.

For security,power & accountability? Vote Gen. Buhari come 9th April 2011. Send to 5 people & stand a chance of winning N1,000 credit. Sponsored by IBB & ATIKU

Everyone knows our General's stand on corruption and corrupt people and everyone knows who has been running helter-skelter, cap-in-hands begging Atiku, Ciroma and IBB for endorsement.

Jonathan is a fraud

[size=28pt]Vote BB 2011[/size] for the future of our children
Re: Presidential Race-atiku, Ibb, Gusau For Buhari! by seal777(m): 8:30am On Mar 30, 2011
Does Atiku and IBB has a structure in the southwest?.

This guys online will nt cease to amaze me by dreaming that BUHARI - BAKARE ticket does nt have a strong base in South west. I am yoruba,from ogun state,35. I live in Itire,Surulere,lagos. In our flat alone,5 of us re unrepentant BB supporter(nt counting 3of my friends former GEJ supporter 3of dem IBO who saw reason to embrace Zero tolerance for corruption team,i had BB posters Pasted in front of our house and was overwhelmed by request for posters from passers by who supports the team basically on their corruption stand.

Nobody offered me a dime for these,doing it out of passion,likewise al my friends except 2 who re for GEj without a cojent reason and they try to avoid any discussion in that regard.

I am begining to think they re trying to cast doubt so as to question our votes for BUHARI wen announced with excuse that how can we poll such nos wen we dont av a base.

Just like PDP, THESE GEJ GUYS ARE NOT BEEN SINCERE TO THEMSELVES.
Re: Presidential Race-atiku, Ibb, Gusau For Buhari! by EOS(m): 9:07am On Mar 30, 2011
IBB, Atiku and Ciroma are corrupt, deceiver, selfish and betrayer. They should continue with PDP. Infact, we don't need they support in the alliance talk between CPC and ACN/ANPP. IBB is a devil!
Re: Presidential Race-atiku, Ibb, Gusau For Buhari! by doublekay: 9:38am On Mar 30, 2011
Northerners and consensus, i can smell despration
Re: Presidential Race-atiku, Ibb, Gusau For Buhari! by seguno2: 12:24pm On Mar 30, 2011
The hausa/fulani oligarchs are back at their game again - born to rule and no one else.
It was like that during Abacha ill-fated civilian transition with all five parties adopting him and now again. Yet many southerners are falling over themselves for this brute & bully dressed up in pseudo honesty & integrity robes. Obviously the hausa/fulanis know how to manipulate their southern brothers in the political field.
Anti-corruption Buhari who opened his mouth to say along with his fellow northern retired generals that Abacha did not steal our money  shocked  shocked
Buhari is an ethnic sharia bigot like Ciroma and others like him.  Daily as the elections approach he will continue to provide evidence to this effect by himself.

[size=26pt]Africa does not need great men (bullies & brutes). It needs great democratic institutions (equitable respect of law & order) - Barack Obama[/size]
Re: Presidential Race-atiku, Ibb, Gusau For Buhari! by Stogwu123: 12:36pm On Mar 30, 2011
I travel yesterday from Asaba to my LGA to collect my National I.D. While i was waiting for de woman in charge to come, i decided to join some staff under a mango tree, about 8 of dem. Guyz i was suprise to hear dis people (LG staff) saying wit all seriousness dat dey must vote PDP out of govt, frm presidency 2 LG. Here ar deir words " deir own don too much. Dey must go. Dey don do person so tey we begin regret say we dey work 4 govt. Make all of dem comort make we test another govt" guyz nigerians ar sick and tired of pdp govt.
Re: Presidential Race-atiku, Ibb, Gusau For Buhari! by seguno2: 12:42pm On Mar 30, 2011
^^^
You joined March 20 i.e. only 10 days ago and ALL your 15 posts have been dedicated to promoting Buhari's hausa/fulani domination cause.
So what's with you?

- New handle?
- Internet mercenary for Buhari?
or
Re: Presidential Race-atiku, Ibb, Gusau For Buhari! by Nobody: 12:48pm On Mar 30, 2011
vanguard is at it again

the same people who were crying northern agenda when sanusi was cleaning up the banks

should we be surprised ?
Re: Presidential Race-atiku, Ibb, Gusau For Buhari! by Beaf: 12:49pm On Mar 30, 2011
IBB, Atiku and Gusau have simply found a natural home in Buhari and CPC. They moved their lieutenants last month, but now cabal has openly moved its kingpins into CPC, after losing their PDP home.

The truth has a way of revealling itself in ways that are unmistakable.
Buhari has been holding nocturnal meetings with Ribadu, Northern stakeholders and Ciroma's NPLF to actualise the "Northern consensus candidate" nightmare.

Lets see where this born to rule mentality leads.
Re: Presidential Race-atiku, Ibb, Gusau For Buhari! by Beaf: 12:52pm On Mar 30, 2011
From Tinubu's press:

[size=14pt]Buhari woos IBB, Atiku, Gusau , as Jonathan, Ciroma groups’ talks fail[/size]
Onyedi Ojiabor and Victor Oluwasegun 12/03/2011 02:03:00
Muhammadu Buhari

Strong indications emerged on Friday that the presidential candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC), Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, is seriously wooing the Ciroma group following the breakdown of negotiation between the group and President Goodluck Jonathan.

The Buhari group, which had unsuccessfully been wooing the Ciroma camp for support, is said to have seen the arrest of two members of the Northern Political Leaders’ Forum (NPLF), Mallam Bello Abdulkadir and Farouk Bibi Farouk, as an opportunity to again seek the support of the Atiku camp.

Sources told our correspondents in Abuja that the reconciliatory meeting between President Goodluck Jonathan and former President Ibrahim Babangida, former Vice President Atiku Abubakar and former Chief Security Adviser, Gen. Aliyu Gusau, was stopped even before the arrest of Abdulkadir.

The reconciliatory talks, which became imperative following the bitter feud, name-calling and mudslinging that trailed the January 13 Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Presidential primary, was said to have been discontinued because it leaked.

Atiku, who was selected by the Adamu Ciroma-led Northern Elders’ Forum as the consensus candidate of the North in place of Babangida and Gusau, lost to President Jonathan at the PDP national convention held in Abuja on January 13.

Not comfortable with the no-love-lost relationship between the PDP front runners, a committee was set up to broker peace between President Jonathan on one hand and Babangida, Atiku and Gusau on the other.

While the Babangida/Atiku/Gusau camp chose Senator Ben Obi as their chief negotiator, the Jonathan camp was led by former President of the Senate, Senator Anyim Pius Anyim.

A reliable Presidency source told our correspondents that before the trouble shooting committees were set up, "there was a meeting in the house of Adamu Ciroma on Friday February 18"

According to him, those at the meeting were Jonathan, Vice President Namadi Sambo, Acting National Chairman of the PDP, Alhaji Bello Haliru Mohammed, former PDP Board of Trustees Chairman, Chief Tony Anenih, and President Jonathan’s Chief of Staff, Chief Mike Oghiadomhe.

He noted that a second meeting took place at the Transcorp Hilton Hotel, Abuja on February 20 .

He said that further meeting was suspended by the two groups because the agenda was leaked to the public.

"The groups felt that there was yet no concrete agreement reached and that the leakage of the meeting’s agenda was not in the best interest of the parties involved in the negotiation," he said.

The source said the initial reason for the meeting was for the two sides to harmonise their positions in order to deliver the northern states to Jonathan at the April election.

He said that it was thought that the weak electoral chances of Jonathan could be remedied by bringing the influence of Babangida, Atiku and Gusau to bear on Jonathan’s presidential campaign.

http://thenationonlineng.net/web3/news/30530.html
Re: Presidential Race-atiku, Ibb, Gusau For Buhari! by Nobody: 12:57pm On Mar 30, 2011
they tried the sharia card - that is dead
they tried corruption dead as well - odumakin biatch slapped them

now i desperation, they try the tribal card - the spectre of the big bad north
Re: Presidential Race-atiku, Ibb, Gusau For Buhari! by Nobody: 12:58pm On Mar 30, 2011
odumakin will soon put paid to this new round of desperate pdp rumour mongering
Re: Presidential Race-atiku, Ibb, Gusau For Buhari! by Beaf: 1:59pm On Mar 30, 2011
Now we can begin to understand why Buhari has never been able to articulate a single coherent plan. . . It is because he has none.
The man is ready to sell the heart and soul of Nigeria to the cabal. Atiku and IBB were unable to find accommodation with GEJ, but have found a suitable host in Buhari.
Can someone tell us how Buhari is going to do his quixotic battle with corruption, abi na maut? CPC has already been taken over by the cabal, and because Buhari has no philosophical grounding, he is a mere passenger, onlooker and hand waver. Sad.

[size=14pt]Babangida’s men defect to CPC[/size]

Some supporters of former military president, Gen Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (rtd), have defected to the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC).

At a rally at the Murtala Square, yesterday, in Kaduna, the supporters, under the aegis of IBB Support Group, declared their support for the CPC’s presidential candidate, Gen Muhammadu Buhari.

The group said since Babangida was no longer contesting, they were constrained to switch their support to Buhari, being their kinsman.

The group’s leader, Alh. Kasim Ibrahim Dodo, described Buhari as the only credible candidate that can rescue Nigeria from its present economic and social predicament.

http://tribunengrworld.com/babangida-s-men-defect-to-cpc-2676542.htm

lol!
Re: Presidential Race-atiku, Ibb, Gusau For Buhari! by Pataki: 2:21pm On Mar 30, 2011
They have come again. PDP sponsored agents. Out to malign and corrupt the innocent minded people that PDP is now clean of their well rated thieves.

I know Buhari would come out and refute these nonsense stories from these bag of confused and clueless GEJ party.

Who needs them Atiku, IBB and Gusau support now?

At least we do not have a GEJ in CPC who would claim IBB is his godfather.

Nor do we have a Ribadu who would travel to Minna and be genuflecting to IBB.

@ Moderators,

Could you please modify the title of this thread? None of the three people mentioned in the headline has categorically stated they are for Buhari. These sheer lies from them GEJ really needs to be curbed.
Re: Presidential Race-atiku, Ibb, Gusau For Buhari! by Nobody: 2:31pm On Mar 30, 2011

Godwin Isenyo

Some supporters of former military president, Gen Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (rtd), have defected to the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC).

At a rally at the Murtala Square, yesterday, in Kaduna, the supporters, under the aegis of IBB Support Group, declared their support for the CPC’s presidential candidate, Gen Muhammadu Buhari.

The group said since Babangida was no longer contesting, they were constrained to switch their support to Buhari, being their kinsman.

The group’s leader, Alh. Kasim Ibrahim Dodo, described Buhari as the only credible candidate that can rescue Nigeria from its present economic and social predicament.

He urged Nigerians to vote for Buhari during the presidential election, because only he has the political will to move the nation forward.

Dodo said: “Considering the fact that our trusted candidate in the person of Gen. , Read more at Compass

1) tribune nigeria world is not nigerian tribune

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php

thats the link to tribune above

another huhu online, type website, the same sort where a desperate attempt to paint over the attempt to bribe bakare was initiated

2) the original article is from the nigerian compass (gbenga daniels paper) as  highlighted

oddly enough, i can't find the article there

so as usual, this is more of the same deceit and fabricated made up lies by pro gej thugs

only two other links which are refercing compass which does not show the article

the article was authored in MONDAY, 28 FEBRUARY 2011 00:04 GODWIN ISENYO

a month later pro gej spammers start on it

desperation na bad thng

should we be surprised

a wind of change is the the air - a real wind, not some foul air

lol! team gej, the most disgraceful, desperate liars on the planet

small wonder they cannot articulate why they support the mumu in aso rock
Re: Presidential Race-atiku, Ibb, Gusau For Buhari! by Nobody: 2:47pm On Mar 30, 2011

Re: Presidential Race-atiku, Ibb, Gusau For Buhari! by Nobody: 2:58pm On Mar 30, 2011
Didn't I read somewhere that Babangida endorsed Ribadu? undecided
Re: Presidential Race-atiku, Ibb, Gusau For Buhari! by Kobojunkie: 2:59pm On Mar 30, 2011
^^^ abi ooo!! undecided undecided
Re: Presidential Race-atiku, Ibb, Gusau For Buhari! by slimghost(m): 3:43pm On Mar 30, 2011
This bastards think they were born to rule abi? B4 it was Babangida, later it was Atiku, and now its Buhari!!!! we will see about that. useless mallams angry angry angry angry angry
Ask any northerner why he is voting 4 Buhari and he will just tell you "kai, he is my brother".
Re: Presidential Race-atiku, Ibb, Gusau For Buhari! by Gayigaskia(m): 4:35pm On Mar 30, 2011
slimghost:

This bastards think they were born to rule abi? B4 it was Babangida, later it was Atiku, and now its Buhari!!!! we will see about that. useless mallams angry angry angry angry angry
Ask any northerner why he is voting 4 Buhari and he will just tell you "kai, he is my brother".

My man stop playing with fire
Re: Presidential Race-atiku, Ibb, Gusau For Buhari! by Beaf: 4:40pm On Mar 30, 2011
slimghost:

Damn! shocked

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6
Re: Presidential Race-atiku, Ibb, Gusau For Buhari! by hasyak(m): 5:03pm On Mar 30, 2011
slimghost:

is he the only northern in the race? most his supporters are the masses and they are with him for what they believe he stands for, when the same mallams vote for abiola against their own brother in kano, they did not say "kai he is my brother" shallow talks
Re: Presidential Race-atiku, Ibb, Gusau For Buhari! by dayokanu(m): 5:24pm On Mar 30, 2011
slimghost:

Ask anyone why he is voting for GEJ he will just tell you "This bastards think they were born to rule abi?"
Re: Presidential Race-atiku, Ibb, Gusau For Buhari! by seguno2: 5:39pm On Mar 30, 2011
dayokanu:

Ask anyone why he is voting for GEJ he will just tell you "This bastards think they were born to rule abi?"

You missed the point.
GEJ is an effective leader of people who sets the example for good governance and respect for law and order.
Do you know how many people have been SUCCESSFULLY prosecuted for corruption by EFCC under GEJ's watch?
How many people were prosecuted for corruption by Buhari despite his anti-corruption posture?
Re: Presidential Race-atiku, Ibb, Gusau For Buhari! by Nobody: 5:51pm On Mar 30, 2011
seguno2:

You missed the point.
GEJ is an effective leader of people who sets the example for good governance and respect for law and order.
Do you know how many people have been SUCCESSFULLY prosecuted for corruption by EFCC under GEJ's watch?
How many people were prosecuted for corruption by Buhari despite his anti-corruption posture?

DESPERATION!!!!!

has anyone been prosecuted for corruption since obj's adminstration?

wetin man no go hear cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Presidential Race-atiku, Ibb, Gusau For Buhari! by seguno2: 8:55am On Mar 31, 2011
oyb:

DESPERATION!!!!!

has anyone been prosecuted for corruption since obj's adminstration?

wetin man no go hear cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

e be like sey you are in denial so let me help you small.
Remember former IG Tafa Balogun?
or Bode George?
or Cecilia Ibru?
etc, etc, etc
We are still waiting to know how many people General Muhamadu Buhari prosecuted as military dictator.
Anti-corruption integrity my foot. The man is an impostor and an ethnic, religious bigot.
I am sure he will dispose of Tunde Bakare the way his brither-in-arms, IBB disposed of Ebitu Ukiwe - just like some used pampers.
Anyway thank God he won't win.

(1) (Reply)

Afam4eva: Who Owns Portharcourt? / Are We Being Watched? 'alien' Reaches Out Through Northern Lights / Breaking News;tambuwal Orders Arrest Of Sanusi, 15 Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.