Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,311 members, 7,811,926 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:51 PM

Lai Mohammed: We Celebrated Christmas, New Year Without 'Rain Of Bombs' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lai Mohammed: We Celebrated Christmas, New Year Without 'Rain Of Bombs' (14228 Views)

Planting Of Bombs In Southeast: Your Withdrawal After-thought, Group Blasts Umeh / Lai Mohammed: "We Lost Twitter Headquarters To Ghana Due To EndSARS Protest" / Bala Mohammed: We Have Evidence That PDP Defeated Buhari In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lai Mohammed: We Celebrated Christmas, New Year Without 'Rain Of Bombs' by bolaayenimo: 9:38pm On Jan 04, 2021
Alhaji Lai Mohammed, Minister of Information and Culture  has lauded the Armed Forces and other security agencies for their patriotism and commitment to the anti-terror war despite criticism about their performances by some Nigerians and international bodies.

He said the combined efforts of the security agencies, Nigeria just celebrated another Christmas and New Year without 'rain of bombs'.

Addressing reporters in Lagos, the Minister said many of the critics have forgotten the situation in the country in 2010, 2011 and 2012 under the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) - led federal government.

He said "It is sad that we have forgotten where we were in terms of the state of insecurity just a few years back. Let me mention some instances that will put things in a better perspective".

" Thanks to our security agencies, we have just celebrated another Christmas and New Year without a rain of bombs. Few would remember that in 2010, 2011 and 2012, Christmas eve or Christmas Day attacks left hundreds dead or injured". 

"What about the attack on the UN Complex in Abuja in August 2011; the bombing of media houses in Abuja and Kaduna in April 2012 and the killing of about 40 students in Mubi, Adamawa State, in October 2012?"

"Have we forgotten that over 80 towns and villages were attacked and razed, with casualties, by Boko Haram in Borno State alone? Have we

forgotten the constant attacks on military and security formations like Giwa Barracks (Maiduguri), Mohammed Kur Barracks (Bama), Monguno Barracks (Monguno), Airforce Base (Maiduguri), New Prison (Maiduguri)
and numerous police stations?".

" The fact that these attacks and bombings have stopped is a testimony to the progress we have made in tackling terrorism which, by the way, is not like conventional warfare". 

"The stoppage of the attacks didn't happen by accident. It is therefore mischievous for anyone to discountenance the progress we have made in tackling insecurity, in building and upgrading infrastructure and in diversifying the economy, among others".

" The federal government rejects this characterization of Nigeria as a 'failing' state, which is a combination of the wishful thinking of naysayers and the evil machinations of those who don't wish Nigeria well".

" The federal government has sustained the fight against terrorists, bandits, kidnappers and other criminal elements across the country especially in the North East and the North West Regions. The recent swift response and rescue of the 344 kidnapped Kankara schools boys in Katsina State from bandits attest to this". 

"The President has continued to provide all the necessary platforms on land, air and sea to support the fight against criminals and terrorists in the country".

https://www.independent.ng/security-agencies-ensured-we-celebrated-christmas-new-year-without-rain-of-bombs-lai-mohammed/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Lai Mohammed: We Celebrated Christmas, New Year Without 'Rain Of Bombs' by Nwodosis(m): 9:39pm On Jan 04, 2021
Yesooo! Nigerians got clearance from the military before the celebration just as the farmers were directed to get clearance too before going to farm.

104 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lai Mohammed: We Celebrated Christmas, New Year Without 'Rain Of Bombs' by johnmartus(m): 9:46pm On Jan 04, 2021
Sir learn how to keep your stupid mouth shut, many are not go church during the Christmas and New year because of insecurity. And moreover the daily killings was enough to learn from.

Sir campaign has ended face the reality.

141 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Lai Mohammed: We Celebrated Christmas, New Year Without 'Rain Of Bombs' by donbachi(m): 9:47pm On Jan 04, 2021
But,with avalanche of kidnappings and tornado of killings.

38 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: We Celebrated Christmas, New Year Without 'Rain Of Bombs' by nairavsdollars(f): 9:47pm On Jan 04, 2021
Buhari has failed on security...period

67 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lai Mohammed: We Celebrated Christmas, New Year Without 'Rain Of Bombs' by Valkrie: 10:02pm On Jan 04, 2021
What about the industrial scale kidnapping, killings and destruction all over the country...?

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lai Mohammed: We Celebrated Christmas, New Year Without 'Rain Of Bombs' by doyin01: 12:11am On Jan 05, 2021
Nigeria!!!a blessed country with bad and useless leaders....

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lai Mohammed: We Celebrated Christmas, New Year Without 'Rain Of Bombs' by Charmingrascal(m): 12:29am On Jan 05, 2021
He was right.
We only witnessed kidnapping, Fulani herdsmen attacks and people being hacked to death in their homes.

Lie Mohammed without conscience

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lai Mohammed: We Celebrated Christmas, New Year Without 'Rain Of Bombs' by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 1:25am On Jan 05, 2021
MAY THE CURSE OF GOD ALMIGHTY CONTINUE TO DESCEND ON THE PDP AND THEIR DELUDED, DERANGED YOUTHS

GOD BLESS NIGERIA

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lai Mohammed: We Celebrated Christmas, New Year Without 'Rain Of Bombs' by Karlovich: 1:27am On Jan 05, 2021
The Christians in the NE couldn't celebrate because of so much hunger the vegetable has blessed them with.

7 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: We Celebrated Christmas, New Year Without 'Rain Of Bombs' by Exc2000: 1:31am On Jan 05, 2021
Without PDP December Fuel scarcity

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lai Mohammed: We Celebrated Christmas, New Year Without 'Rain Of Bombs' by YoungboyNBA(m): 1:31am On Jan 05, 2021
I suppose that the actual number of people bombed to death during GEJ era is a child's play compared to the number of deaths from only 2020 of Buhari's tenor,or should I say The Presidency. Fvck 'em all.

33 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: We Celebrated Christmas, New Year Without 'Rain Of Bombs' by flemsy15(m): 4:33am On Jan 05, 2021
With those few points of his, his co-debators and the honourable judges are now fully convinced that the 2020 Nobel peace prize belongs to our able and formidable presido Buhari for such a rare and commendable achievement.

Can someone please advice Lai Mohammed to keep his mouth shut sometimes, he's not the first minister of information in Nigeria

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lai Mohammed: We Celebrated Christmas, New Year Without 'Rain Of Bombs' by RaptObserver: 4:33am On Jan 05, 2021
But with rain of hunger and kidnappings with banditry (as Buhari would like to say) I don't know who taught him that word.

6 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: We Celebrated Christmas, New Year Without 'Rain Of Bombs' by elmessiahs(m): 4:34am On Jan 05, 2021
why will this country grow we have insane minds and obvious clown like this, is trying to tell us to celebrate mediocrity

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lai Mohammed: We Celebrated Christmas, New Year Without 'Rain Of Bombs' by gurunlocker: 4:34am On Jan 05, 2021
And you also have us a lovely movie script for the festive period so you can rebrand failure as usual

4 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: We Celebrated Christmas, New Year Without 'Rain Of Bombs' by Nazgul: 4:35am On Jan 05, 2021
What exactly is this man trying to say?

5 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: We Celebrated Christmas, New Year Without 'Rain Of Bombs' by adioolayi(m): 4:35am On Jan 05, 2021
Well......This is truly true. Possibly the first time I won't see lies in Liar Muhammad

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed: We Celebrated Christmas, New Year Without 'Rain Of Bombs' by elmessiahs(m): 4:36am On Jan 05, 2021
why will this country grow when we have insane minds and obvious clown like this, is he trying to tell us to celebrate mediocrity as he just did

3 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: We Celebrated Christmas, New Year Without 'Rain Of Bombs' by Nobody: 4:36am On Jan 05, 2021
Oops, the silly old man's mouth seems to be leaking again.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lai Mohammed: We Celebrated Christmas, New Year Without 'Rain Of Bombs' by Heavenschild: 4:37am On Jan 05, 2021
I don't like seeing this man's picture before

starting my day...

I'm going back to bed.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lai Mohammed: We Celebrated Christmas, New Year Without 'Rain Of Bombs' by ClassicMan202(m): 4:38am On Jan 05, 2021
Oga Lai, make you dey careful this new year with all these your mumu talk, if not you go soon collect o

11 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: We Celebrated Christmas, New Year Without 'Rain Of Bombs' by ChiefSosa(m): 4:39am On Jan 05, 2021
OUR LEADERS ARE REALLY SHAMELESS. I'M ALWAYS AMAZED ABOUT THE KIND OF AUDACITY THEY HAVE TO CONSTANTLY SAY NONSENSE.

6 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: We Celebrated Christmas, New Year Without 'Rain Of Bombs' by Nobody: 4:40am On Jan 05, 2021
Some enemy of progress will actually prefer rain of bomb just to call buhari a failure.

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed: We Celebrated Christmas, New Year Without 'Rain Of Bombs' by brownrockafela(m): 4:41am On Jan 05, 2021
Can this man come out to say the truth for once ,I don't understand why he will still be lying yet everyone can see the rate of killings going on daily in Nigeria,yet the minister will choose to ignore it as if everything is cool..

3 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: We Celebrated Christmas, New Year Without 'Rain Of Bombs' by Livingstone124: 4:44am On Jan 05, 2021
Lie Mohammed aka spokesman of Failure and representative of a failed state

5 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: We Celebrated Christmas, New Year Without 'Rain Of Bombs' by iLegendd(m): 4:45am On Jan 05, 2021
The way I dislike this man, I doubt God will forgive me. I don't read any post about him anymore — just the title and I get angry.

Mtcheew.

6 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: We Celebrated Christmas, New Year Without 'Rain Of Bombs' by ifymadu: 4:46am On Jan 05, 2021
This man is definitely high on some cheap stuffs

2 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: We Celebrated Christmas, New Year Without 'Rain Of Bombs' by pafestula(m): 4:47am On Jan 05, 2021
APC lying machine in action. Kudos to you Baba Thomas Moyo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lai Mohammed: We Celebrated Christmas, New Year Without 'Rain Of Bombs' by jeff1993: 4:47am On Jan 05, 2021
This man can never be my father but Peradventure he was

I would have crucified him..... he is such a blatant unrepentant liar.... why are they so obsessed with Jonathan... Jonathan had f*cked up and gone but they still will not let that poor man be.

Oga tell that your Maloo boss staying in maloo rock to face his work and stop been foolish.

2 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: We Celebrated Christmas, New Year Without 'Rain Of Bombs' by SmartPolician: 4:48am On Jan 05, 2021
While I am not a fan of Buhari, I have to commend the government for this feat.

It's only natural we hope that this administration sustains that positive effort.

Any human who does not like good things has no place in our world; the person deserves the deepest part of the abyss.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Appeal Court Sacks Nasarawa Speaker, Balarabe Abdullahi / Us-based Lady Pleads With The Nigerian Government To Ease Hardship For Citizens / Ijaw Rejects Six Zonal Structure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.