Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,565 members, 7,820,041 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:57 AM

Help Me Please. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Help Me Please. (964 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Me Please. by martius101(m): 9:27am On Jan 05, 2021
good morning everyone,I have started learning programming from my phone but it's kinda hard for me and I don't have any money to get a laptop...but I still want to learn it at all cost.... please what interpreter should I use on my Android phone...i.e....an interpreter like Django..so that I can be able to see the output....thanks
Re: Help Me Please. by spartan117(m): 3:36pm On Jan 05, 2021
Download sololearn from Google play store. They have interpreters for all popular languages.

3 Likes

Re: Help Me Please. by cixak95211: 1:22pm On Jan 06, 2021
Nigerians always have this sense of entitlement and want everything to ALWAYS and MAGICALLY work in their favor.
You dont have a laptop and so what? Was anybody born with a laptop?
It would have been better if you recognized that a ladder exists and then you climb it one rung at a time.
Why dont you get a job, even if it is to wash cars? Or at the local sawmill. Or the local garage? Then save up, and get a laptop.
Do the job by day, study to become a programmer by night. A lot of people went to school while still doing a regular 9 - 5. They did not die, thus, You will also not die.
But no, you must post here, so that somebody would take pity on you and send you a laptop.
What can you do with an android phone? Or you feel programming is only about writing codes inside a code editor?
Not happening!

3 Likes

Re: Help Me Please. by Karleb(m): 2:29pm On Jan 06, 2021
Like the Bros above said, nobody really owe you anything here. It's better you talk to your parents or guardians or relatives about getting you a laptop.

I for one got my laptop myself. I did an 8:30 till mama call then, when the screen broke I kept it at home for some two years because I was too broke to fix it then. cheesy

Programing is not going anywhere, you can leave it for a while, go hustle for the laptop and money for subscription then come back.

Your clients will still be there waiting for you to take their money. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Help Me Please. by martius101(m): 5:42am On Jan 07, 2021
cixak95211:
Nigerians always have this sense of entitlement and want everything to ALWAYS and MAGICALLY work in their favor.
It would have been better if you recognized that a ladder exists and then you climb it one rung at a time.
Why dont you get a job, even if it is to wash cars? Or at the local sawmill. Or the local garage? Then save up, and get a laptop.
Do the job by day, study to become a programmer by night. A lot of people went to school while still doing a regular 9 - 5. They did not die, thus, You will also not die.
But no, you must post here, so that somebody would take pity on you and send you a laptop.
What can you do with an android phone? Or you feel programming is only about writing codes inside a code editor?
Not happening!

I am not asking Anyone for it...I only asked if I could get an interpreter like Django.

1 Like

Re: Help Me Please. by cixak95211: 9:47am On Jan 07, 2021
martius101:

I am not asking Anyone for it...I only asked if I could get an interpreter like Django.

Then why did you post the sob story?
When yo could have Simply said "you were looking for an interpreter that woks on phones"
Re: Help Me Please. by naijasensei: 12:11pm On Jan 07, 2021
martius101:
good morning everyone,I have started learning programming from my phone but it's kinda hard for me and I don't have any money to get a laptop...but I still want to learn it at all cost.... please what interpreter should I use on my Android phone...i.e....an interpreter like Django..so that I can be able to see the output....thanks

I believe what you need is more of an IDE made for mobile. For example, there are Android based Python IDEs like Pydroid3 and QPython.
However if you really want compilers and interpreters, you should consider installing a terminal emulator like termux.

1 Like

Re: Help Me Please. by spartan117(m): 3:03pm On Jan 07, 2021
cixak95211:
Not happening!
I don't really see anything wrong in what he posted bro.

I for example started programming on my phone because I didn't have a laptop. I was able to learn the basic syntax of HTML, CSS,JavaScript, SQL and Python right on my phone with the sololearn app back then.

I applied for a bootcamp and was given a webpage with fairly complex styling (for a beginner) to clone as a requirement for admission. I was able to build the website on sololearn, then copied the code into a text editor and saved it with the appropriate filename, downloaded winrar from playstore to compress the folder and upload to Dropbox for submission. Did this all with a phone!

I actually passed and got admitted to the program. This happened some years back and I still sometimes go back to look at that webpage, with a smile.

What I'm saying is don't discourage the op these are his days of little beginning and it will payoff if he continues.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Me Please. by martius101(m): 1:50pm On Jan 08, 2021
spartan117:

I for example started programming on my phone because I didn't have a laptop. I was able to learn the basic syntax of HTML, CSS,JavaScript, SQL and Python right on my phone with the sololearn app back then.

I applied for a bootcamp and was given a webpage with fairly complex styling (for a beginner) to clone as a requirement for admission. I was able to build the website on sololearn, then copied the code into a text editor and saved it with the appropriate filename, downloaded winrar from playstore to compress the folder and upload to Dropbox for submission. Did this all with a phone!

I actually passed and got admitted to the program. This happened some years back and I still sometimes go back to look at that webpage, with a smile.

What I'm saying is don't discourage the op these are his days of little beginning and it will payoff if he continues.

e no go spoil for you......this piece of information is helpful.. thanks.

1 Like

Re: Help Me Please. by naijasensei: 2:17pm On Jan 08, 2021
spartan117:

Wow, that is impressive. As a wise person once said, if you cannot alleviate someone's pain, do not add to it. If you cannot put out a fire, don't add petrol to the fire. If you cannot help a person; don't denigrate, deride, or belittle the person in need - just move along.

1 Like

Re: Help Me Please. by cixak95211: 3:05pm On Jan 08, 2021
spartan117:

[s]I don't really see anything wrong in what he posted bro.

What I'm saying is don't discourage the op these are his days of little beginning and it will payoff if he continues.[/s]

Are you trying to score cheap points or what?
I even encouraged to work by day and study by night . . . So Where did you see me discourage him?
Or I told him to quit programming and find another career?
Please read to understand next time and not just for likes.
Cheers.
Re: Help Me Please. by spartan117(m): 3:45pm On Jan 08, 2021
martius101:

e no go spoil for you......this piece of information is helpful.. thanks.
Thanks
Re: Help Me Please. by spartan117(m): 3:46pm On Jan 08, 2021
cixak95211:

Are you trying to score cheap points or what?
I even encouraged to work by day and study by night . . . So Where did you see me discourage him?
Or I told him to quit programming and find another career?
Please read to understand next time and not just for likes.
Cheers.
Whatever bro.
Re: Help Me Please. by spartan117(m): 3:47pm On Jan 08, 2021
naijasensei:

Wow, that is impressive. As a wise person once said, if you cannot alleviate someone's pain, do not add to it. If you cannot put out a fire, don't add petrol to the fire. If you cannot help a person; don't denigrate, deride, or belittle the person in need - just move along.
Very true

(1) (Reply)

5 Weeks Online Graphics Design Class Starting from January 2022 Register Now / I'm A Self-taught Medical Doctor / Vb6 To .net Converter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.