Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,340 members, 7,811,987 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:58 AM

Why Did Jesus Have To Leave The Earth Before The Holy Spirit Would Come? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did Jesus Have To Leave The Earth Before The Holy Spirit Would Come? (882 Views)

7 Human Species That Existed On Earth Before Us / Why Did Jesus Have 12 Men As His Disciples,but No Women? / How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did Jesus Have To Leave The Earth Before The Holy Spirit Would Come? by vybzkartel: 10:40pm On Jan 05, 2021
Why do you think the Lord had to depart the Earth before the Holy Spirit would come on Earth
?

John 16:7-9

[7] Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you.

[8]And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
[9] of sin, because they do not believe in Me;
Re: Why Did Jesus Have To Leave The Earth Before The Holy Spirit Would Come? by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jan 05, 2021
waiting for e pastor
Re: Why Did Jesus Have To Leave The Earth Before The Holy Spirit Would Come? by flyingdutchman(m): 2:59am On Jan 06, 2021
Waiting too
Re: Why Did Jesus Have To Leave The Earth Before The Holy Spirit Would Come? by itzmarvyx(m): 3:47am On Jan 06, 2021
Hmmmmm... I believe the trinity works in dispensations to reveal a certain nature of their Godlike characteristics to man. God the Father was dominant on earth right from the beginning till Jesus was born. He showed the dimension of God as a God who abhors sin, who is a consuming fire and a man of war.

When Jesus was born, He revealed a dimension of God as a God who even though abhorred sin, was also a God of love, who could forgive sin and who you could draw close to. Notice that that was why the Israelites especially the Pharisees and keepers of the law couldn't just understand what Jesus was saying and never wanted to agree. Because they were already used to the dimension of God the Father.

Now, Jesus had to go so that the comforter could reveal the dimension of God that we all know of right now. Notice that even though Jesus carried every attribute of God, He was limited by Human nature. So He had to go so that the Helper could come us and be with us forever. John 14 from vs 16 - And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, to be with you forever.

So Jesus had to go so that the Holy Spirit can come and dwell with the believer, lead and guide Christians, and empower them with spiritual gifts and in addition to what the Holy Spirit does from that scripture the OP quoted.

If you understand this, you'll understand why a Christian in China can be studying the Scriptures and God (the Holy Spirit) will teach him lots of things. You in Nigeria will discuss will study and still receive the same kind of revelation from that same scripture. I've walked into churches countless numbers of time and it was if the pastor was preaching from my quiet time notebook. Amazing right? cheesy That happened just among the prophets of old but now., we all have direct access to God through the Holy Spirit.

I hope my knowledge in part helped a little.

1 Like

Re: Why Did Jesus Have To Leave The Earth Before The Holy Spirit Would Come? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:30am On Jan 06, 2021
vybzkartel:

Why do you think the Lord had to depart the Earth before the Holy Spirit would come on Earth
?
Jesus' teachings sounds unnatural like totally stupid to anybody {1Corinthians 1:21,2:14} so it's impossible for normal humans to practice what this man (Jesus) teaches {Luke 18:26} therefore those who love and cherish his teachings {John 6:68} need some forms of energizing FORCE to help them put what they've been convinced to believe as TRUTH into action.Matthew 19:26} God's Holy Spirit is the ACTIVE FORCE of God that will be working with Jesus' true followers so that everyone can see that Jesus' fine teachings is practically applicable with God's support (Holy Spirit) Act 1:8 compared to Act 4:29-31

vybzkartel:

John 16:7-9
[7] Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you.
If Jesus did not die first and resurrect there is no way this ACTIVE FORCE of God could be released to come because God said it will serve as the bond between himself and those who enter into the new covenant with him {Jeremiah 31:31-34; Joel 2:28} so when Jesus finished his earthly assignment he said something most people don't take note "it has been accomplished" {John 19:30} this means it is now time for the new covenant (which Jesus is the mediator) to begin operation. After his resurrection Jesus (the lamb of God) took the value of his sacrificial death to heaven and presented it before his father and God, all these happened in the spiritual realms nobody can see it but when the result is out and the Jews in the day of Pentecost witnessed the event fulfilling what God promised through Joel they now remember and they regretted all the evil they did to Jesus {Act 2:37} immediately Peter told them that all what they need now to enter into the new covenant is getting baptized in the name of the same Jesus they killed {Act 2:38} Peter made it clear to them that as Israelites the promises of God belongs to them so they shouldn't bother about their past deeds, God is ready to fulfil his promises if only they're ready to accept Jesus! Act 3:17-18

vybzkartel:

[8]And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
[9] of sin, because they do not believe in Me;

When God's Holy Spirit was dispensed on those who accepted Jesus' teachings in the first century many of the unbelievers were beaten by their own conscience and felt the need to turn around and join Jesus' disciples.
Today God's Holy Spirit is doing it's final WORKS before the destruction of this ungodly generation people are now coming together from different races, nations and tongues under one umbrella, they are vowing never to carry weapons in resolving issues or racial disputes anymore, and they've form one big and happy family of peace loving worshipers in our own time. That's the fulfilment of what Isaiah said will serve as the last sign to help sincere and honest hearted individuals IDENTIFY God's people in the end time! Isaiah 2:1-4; Micah 4:1-3

That's what is happening amongst JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES globally today!
None of them is a weapon carrier, no military service, no politicians so the evil spirit that's making people destroy lives and properties in the endtime {Revelations 6:3-4} has no influence on this group, they are busy preaching and teaching in all our neighbourhood the things their King commanded them {Matthew 28:19-20} the fearful thing about your last quotation says "JUDGMENT", well Jesus is coming to destroy all those who refused to work with his group because that shows they're not ready to have him as their King! Luke 19:27 embarassed

May you have PEACE! smiley
Re: Why Did Jesus Have To Leave The Earth Before The Holy Spirit Would Come? by vybzkartel: 8:27am On Jan 06, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Jesus' teachings sounds unnatural like totally stupid to anybody {1Corinthians 1:21,2:14} so it's impossible for normal humans to practice what this man (Jesus) teaches {Luke 18:26} therefore those who love and cherish his teachings {John 6:68} need some forms of energizing FORCE to help them put what they've been convinced to believe as TRUTH into action.Matthew 19:26} God's Holy Spirit is the ACTIVE FORCE of God that will be working with Jesus' true followers so that everyone can see that Jesus' fine teachings is practically applicable with God's support (Holy Spirit) Act 1:8 compared to Act 4:29-31

If Jesus did not die first and resurrect there is no way this ACTIVE FORCE of God could be released to come because God said it will serve as the bond between himself and those who enter into the new covenant with him {Jeremiah 31:31-34; Joel 2:28} so when Jesus finished his earthly assignment he said something most people don't take note "it has been accomplished" {John 19:30} this means it is now time for the new covenant (which Jesus is the mediator) to begin operation. After his resurrection Jesus (the lamb of God) took the value of his sacrificial death to heaven and presented it before his father and God, all these happened in the spiritual realms nobody can see it but when the result is out and the Jews in the day of Pentecost witnessed the event fulfilling what God promised through Joel they now remember and they regretted all the evil they did to Jesus {Act 2:37} immediately Peter told them that all what they need now to enter into the new covenant is getting baptized in the name of the same Jesus they killed {Act 2:38} Peter made it clear to them that as Israelites the promises of God belongs to them so they shouldn't bother about their past deeds, God is ready to fulfil his promises if only they're ready to accept Jesus! Act 3:17-18

When God's Holy Spirit was dispensed on those who accepted Jesus' teachings in the first century many of the unbelievers were beaten by their own conscience and felt the need to turn around and join Jesus' disciples.
Today God's Holy Spirit is doing it's final WORKS before the destruction of this ungodly generation people are now coming together from different races, nations and tongues under one umbrella, they are vowing never to carry weapons in resolving issues or racial disputes anymore, and they've form one big and happy family of peace loving worshipers in our own time. That's the fulfilment of what Isaiah said will serve as the last sign to help sincere and honest hearted individuals IDENTIFY God's people in the end time! Isaiah 2:1-4; Micah 4:1-3

That's what is happening amongst JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES globally today!
None of them is a weapon carrier, no military service, no politicians so the evil spirit that's making people destroy lives and properties in the endtime {Revelations 6:3-4} has no influence on this group, they are busy preaching and teaching in all our neighbourhood the things their King commanded them {Matthew 28:19-20} the fearful thing about your last quotation says "JUDGMENT", well Jesus is coming to destroy all those who refused to work with his group because that shows they're not ready to have him as their King! Luke 19:27 embarassed

May you have PEACE! smiley

JW Satanist!

You blaspheme the Holy Spirit

1 Like

Re: Why Did Jesus Have To Leave The Earth Before The Holy Spirit Would Come? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:28am On Jan 06, 2021
Thanks Sir! smiley

vybzkartel:

JW Satanist!
You blaspheme the Holy Spirit
Re: Why Did Jesus Have To Leave The Earth Before The Holy Spirit Would Come? by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:37am On Jan 06, 2021
Many don't know what it took for God to let His Word to leave His abode in heaven to dwell and leave as man on Earth. It was sacrificial decision God made because of the extent of His love for the world, because such was the first separation of its kind where the Three in Person would not be together in heaven.

So the Word of God leaving God in heaven to be on Earth was just a matter of necessity otherwise it would have never happened. So if that was already an unusual situation for God, to also have His Spirit also leave heaven in addition to His Word would be unbearable.

And at that stage The Word of God had completed His job on Earth which was to die and and multiply Himself upon the Earth. So what was left was for the Spirit of God to confirm the Word that had multiplied, therefore at that stage the Spirit of God was needed on Earth more than The Word of God that came from above.

Hence the saying of Jesus to His disciples that it was to their advantage that He left because at that stage they needed God's Spirit more than Him.

God bless.
Re: Why Did Jesus Have To Leave The Earth Before The Holy Spirit Would Come? by Jman24(m): 4:32pm On Jan 06, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Many don't know what it took for God to let His Word to leave His abode in heaven to dwell and leave as man on Earth. It was sacrificial decision God made because of the extent of His love for the world, because such was the first separation of its kind where the Three in Person would not be together in heaven.

So the Word of God leaving God in heaven to be on Earth was just a matter of necessity otherwise it would have never happened. So if that was already an unusual situation for God, to also have His Spirit also leave heaven in addition to His Word would be unbearable.

And at that stage The Word of God had completed His job on Earth which was to die and and multiply Himself upon the Earth. So what was left was for the Spirit of God to confirm the Word that had multiplied, therefore at that stage the Spirit of God was needed on Earth more than The Word of God that came from above.

Hence the saying of Jesus to His disciples that it was to their advantage that He left because at that stage they needed God's Spirit more than Him.

God bless.

It doesn't make sense to me..
Word left , formed human, human left then spirit is sent to confirm the word that formed human being.

Africans
Re: Why Did Jesus Have To Leave The Earth Before The Holy Spirit Would Come? by jesusjnr2020(m): 5:08pm On Jan 06, 2021
Jman24:

Word left , formed human, human left then spirit is sent to confirm the word that formed human being.

Africans
It's a spiritual thing. Don't expect the carnal mind to be able to comprehend such things which exceed its scope.

1 Like

Re: Why Did Jesus Have To Leave The Earth Before The Holy Spirit Would Come? by Jman24(m): 5:15pm On Jan 06, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
It's a spiritual thing. Don't expect the carnal mind to be able to comprehend such things which exceed its scope.

Hahahaha. Spiritual thing.
You just answered contrary to what is even obtainable among the early christians. That's the problem with Africa
They don't even know what they practice
Re: Why Did Jesus Have To Leave The Earth Before The Holy Spirit Would Come? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:02pm On Jan 06, 2021
If Christianity doesn't make sense it won't gain more disciples back then, some people just want you to believe the tradition handed over to them by the churches of Christendom even when the so called doctrines is not working out any benefit!
Jesus clearly foretold of false religionists that will suffice in the last days, but at the same time he taught us how to distinguish between the real Christians and misrepresentations! Matthew 7:15-20
So it's not about saying some stupid things and then accusing those who refused to swallow the gibberish as unbelievers. If it will win souls then it must be convincing! Act 17:11 smiley

Jman24:

You just answered contrary to what is even obtainable among the early christians. That's the problem with Africa
Re: Why Did Jesus Have To Leave The Earth Before The Holy Spirit Would Come? by Bruno3000(m): 6:05pm On Jan 06, 2021
simple. 2 captains can not command a ship. There would be clashes of interests.
Re: Why Did Jesus Have To Leave The Earth Before The Holy Spirit Would Come? by Jman24(m): 6:12pm On Jan 06, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
If Christianity doesn't make sense it won't gain more disciples back then, some people just want you to believe the tradition handed over to them by the churches of Christendom even when the so called doctrines is not working out any benefit!
Jesus clearly foretold of false religionists that will suffice in the last days, but at the same time he taught us how to distinguish between the real Christians and misrepresentations! Matthew 7:15-20
So it's not about saying some stupid things and then accusing those who refused to swallow the gibberish as unbelievers. If it will win souls then it must be convincing! Act 17:11 smiley

I now ask. Who are the real christians? The 10% of them in Israel or the 80% Jewish community in Israel, or the one in Africa that came through slave trade, dehumanization, or the one in rome that was spread through politics and killings?

Let's argue objectively devoid of emotions

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Did Jesus Have To Leave The Earth Before The Holy Spirit Would Come? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:25pm On Jan 06, 2021
Please don't hold the highlighted as a priority because that's why most people will never agree with reasonableness, just have it at the back of your mind that we want to learn from each other and through learning we gain wisdom.

Knowledge is the accumulation of useful information, of course all sane people have it.

But Wisdom is the practical application of accumulated information for lasting benefits, this is where most people failed!

So before we can know Who the REAL Christians are today we need to figure out first

What is Christianity and what was Jesus' aim to have taught his disciples new things? undecided

Jman24:

I now ask. Who are the real christians? The 10% of them in Israel or the 80% Jewish community in Israel, or the one in Africa that came through slave trade, dehumanization, or the one in rome that was spread through politics and killings?
Let's argue objectively devoid of emotions
Re: Why Did Jesus Have To Leave The Earth Before The Holy Spirit Would Come? by Jman24(m): 8:33pm On Jan 06, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Please don't hold the highlighted as a priority because that's why most people will never agree with reasonableness, just have it at the back of your mind that we want to learn from each other and through learning we gain wisdom.

Knowledge is the accumulation of useful information, of course all sane people have it.

But Wisdom is the practical application of accumulated information for lasting benefits, this is where most people failed!

So before we can know Who the REAL Christians are today we need to figure out first

What is Christianity and what was Jesus' aim to have taught his disciples new things? undecided

You still haven't responded to my submission
Simple question. Who are the real christians?
Re: Why Did Jesus Have To Leave The Earth Before The Holy Spirit Would Come? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:48pm On Jan 06, 2021
[1]What is Christianity?
[2]What was Jesus' aim for introducing this new teaching?

[1] Christianity is the way of life that conquered all forms of ideologies, philosophies and religions. That's why Christianity wasn't established on the same format as the worship introduced to the nation of Israel through Moses.
Unlike the old covenant Christianity doesn't have a section of priests to carry out sacrifices, incense, candles or perfumes for sacred services. So nobody is paid as a worker in Christianity everything is voluntarily service.
There are no WRITTEN codes of conduct (laws) in Christianity rather principles that's benefitial for one and all! God sent one man (Jesus) to set the standard by living it. So to be a Christian a man or woman must live his/her life in harmony with the principles found in Jesus' lifestyle! John 3:16-18

[2] Jesus' aim is to teach us how to live in the new world (Paradise) in the new world their will be PEACE so any vengeful person will not get there!
HAPPINESS and JOY is God's plan from the onset so any habit that will diminish the JOY and HAPPINESS there will not be tolerated!
EVERLASTING LIFE is what God wants for his earthly children so no killer will get there! Micah 4:1-3

With these few points we can now consider all the religious Organizations in the world today, which of them is teaching their members this WILL OF GOD?
Re: Why Did Jesus Have To Leave The Earth Before The Holy Spirit Would Come? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:52pm On Jan 06, 2021
We are not here to argue, remember?

We are here to learn from each other, so if you're truly interested in knowing the REAL followers of Christ today, you and i will do the research together by reading, studying and meditating on what is found written in the Bible!

That's how to LEARN! smiley

Jman24:

You still haven't responded to my submission
Simple question. Who are the real christians?
Re: Why Did Jesus Have To Leave The Earth Before The Holy Spirit Would Come? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jan 06, 2021
Jman24:

Africans
and the most stupid thing of then all, is that this is never ever in the Bible. Ask him where he got this stupid explanation from..
Re: Why Did Jesus Have To Leave The Earth Before The Holy Spirit Would Come? by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:03am On Jan 07, 2021
Jman24:

You just proved me right that these things exceed the scope of carnal minds, otherwise you'd understand that the answer i gave tallies with those already given by those you call the early Christians even though you're not able to comprehend it.

Moreover if being able to comprehend the things of the Spirit means being African to you, then I'm proudly African!
Re: Why Did Jesus Have To Leave The Earth Before The Holy Spirit Would Come? by Jman24(m): 8:22am On Jan 07, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
You just proved me right that these things exceed the scope of carnal minds, otherwise you'd understand that the answer i gave tallies with those already given by those you call the early Christians even though you're not able to comprehend it.

Moreover if being able to comprehend the things of the Spirit means being African to you, then I'm proudly African!

Bro stop playing around with words
Re: Why Did Jesus Have To Leave The Earth Before The Holy Spirit Would Come? by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:32am On Jan 07, 2021
Jman24:

Bro stop playing around with words

1 Corinthians 2:14

But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
Re: Why Did Jesus Have To Leave The Earth Before The Holy Spirit Would Come? by Preciousgirl(f): 8:49am On Jan 07, 2021
Because this same Jesus is that same Holy Spirit!

1 Like

Re: Why Did Jesus Have To Leave The Earth Before The Holy Spirit Would Come? by vybzkartel: 6:27pm On Jan 13, 2021
Preciousgirl:
Because this same Jesus is that same Holy Spirit!

Thank you

(1) (Reply)

Deeper Life. A Holy Cult / Is There Any Nigerian That Hears From GOD? / Join Illuminati For Free | +2348070599390 Call Or Whatsapp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.