Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,184 members, 7,818,592 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

₦10.9 Billion Fraud: Court Jails Ex-Finbank MD, Nwosu, Three Others - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / ₦10.9 Billion Fraud: Court Jails Ex-Finbank MD, Nwosu, Three Others (14222 Views)

Court Jails 2 Yahoo Boys For N1.3 Billion Fraud In Benin. / 60% ROI: Dominic Joshua Ngene Arrested Over N2 Billion Fraud (Photo) / Obinwanne Okeke "InvictusObi" Pleads Guilty To ₦4.2 Billion Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ₦10.9 Billion Fraud: Court Jails Ex-Finbank MD, Nwosu, Three Others by saajus: 6:43am On Jan 06, 2021
If you measure the ripple effects of fraud, the jail term needs to be very long. Advanced countries understand ripple effect, that's why jail terms for scammers are always 15-30years.

gaius01:
Arrrrrrrh

I don't know how this judges do give their verdict on certain issues. 3 years? Ah ! It's too small, please give him 2OYears.

If I have that amount I know my generation to come will never be poor in life unless they spend recklessly without investing.

Such kind of amount need a lot of years in jail!

Very greedy and emotionless kind of people!
Re: ₦10.9 Billion Fraud: Court Jails Ex-Finbank MD, Nwosu, Three Others by ccollins(m): 6:47am On Jan 06, 2021
ibidapko:
My lawyer friend said; "Give me 1 billion and I will gladly go to jail for 5 years. A payment of 50,000 monthly to the Prison authorities will guarantee a reasonable living standard in prison. Another 100,000 to repair the cell accommodation and toilet fittings, and a daily feeding allowance 10,000 will make the 5 years term look like a business venture.
wrong! u must restitute the money back
Re: ₦10.9 Billion Fraud: Court Jails Ex-Finbank MD, Nwosu, Three Others by Nobody: 7:02am On Jan 06, 2021
SilverNorGold:
Nice... Looters are fast becoming an endangered species in Nigeria.. All thanks to the President!

However, the judiciary is not helping matters at all... Why three years' imprisonment? Na Royco him steal? No wahala sha, we go soon reason their matter...

May God bless and heal Nigeria.

The fulanis can steal and go. No court case at all. Except for those in PDP. Selective justice.

1 Like

Re: ₦10.9 Billion Fraud: Court Jails Ex-Finbank MD, Nwosu, Three Others by Franking: 7:08am On Jan 06, 2021
Good. But why is it so hard to nail politicians?
Re: ₦10.9 Billion Fraud: Court Jails Ex-Finbank MD, Nwosu, Three Others by adams123: 7:26am On Jan 06, 2021
Wait a bit, are they refunding the 10.something billion stoling or how? someone should explain ooo
Re: ₦10.9 Billion Fraud: Court Jails Ex-Finbank MD, Nwosu, Three Others by Nobody: 7:27am On Jan 06, 2021
Hezmatosky:

You have a very low mentality sad

Agreed, since your mental, logical and intelligent quotient are high, why not explain to me the reason you said so?

When you point out a correction without giving a remedy, your pointing is nothing but worthless because you don't want to teach or enlighten someone, but you point them out because you want to show how little you mind is to improve others. undecided
Re: ₦10.9 Billion Fraud: Court Jails Ex-Finbank MD, Nwosu, Three Others by walter11590: 7:47am On Jan 06, 2021
Just hand him to to the boys for jungle justice to be served.
Re: ₦10.9 Billion Fraud: Court Jails Ex-Finbank MD, Nwosu, Three Others by Alonso4444: 7:52am On Jan 06, 2021
Kingosytex:
N 10billion = 3years.

I think the risk is worth taking grin grin cheesy cheesy
A rich man that stole billions is given a three year sentence (which can be appealed and as such the sentence might be reduced or better still overturned ) while a poor man that steals peanut is destined for doom. This boils down to an inverse proportion... The more you steal, the lesser sentence you get.

I don't support stealing, I detest it with every blood in my veins but if you must steal, do it big...na security go de even guard you.

Naija na sweet country i swear, we have a very long way to go.

3 years is day and night that's 1and half year,don't seems any bad at all
Re: ₦10.9 Billion Fraud: Court Jails Ex-Finbank MD, Nwosu, Three Others by Creampassion777: 7:55am On Jan 06, 2021
I worked in the same bank for 9 years 7 months. I never stole thier money and I served them perfectly. This MD was there all along. He would deny us our upfront and other benefits. He even contracted our employment at one time to an outsourcing company he owns and get a return from it every month. Our salary was slashed yet we kept working without complain. Before you know they squander all the banks resources and the financial position of the bank became a mess and later Fcmb had to acquire the bank. We were all sent home with nothing no severance pay at all. Only 3 months salary. I was very sad back then because I used to be in charge of up to 6 to 8 million naira in my possession, that if I decided to steal it nobody will know until about after 12 hours but I never did. Only to end up with 3 months salary at the end of the day. Today am seeing the same Okey doing 3 year jail term over billions. This is one of the most laughable thing I have ever seen in my life.

1 Like

Re: ₦10.9 Billion Fraud: Court Jails Ex-Finbank MD, Nwosu, Three Others by Creampassion777: 7:57am On Jan 06, 2021
I worked in the same bank for 9 years 7 months. I never stole thier money and I served them perfectly. This MD was there all along. He would deny us our upfront and other benefits. He even contracted our employment at one time to an outsourcing company he owns and get a return from it every month. Our salary was slashed yet we kept working without complain. Before you know they squander all the banks resources and the financial position of the bank became a mess and later Fcmb had to acquire the bank. We were all sent home with nothing no severance pay at all. Only 3 months salary. I was very sad back then because I used to be in charge of up to 6 to 8 million naira in my possession, that if I decided to steal it nobody will know until about after 12 hours but I never did. Only to end up with 3 months salary at the end of the day. Today am seeing the same Okey doing 3 year jail term over billions.
Re: ₦10.9 Billion Fraud: Court Jails Ex-Finbank MD, Nwosu, Three Others by Trustedpro: 8:08am On Jan 06, 2021
This people will be stealing money anyhow...but if you ask them for a loan they will say you are not qualify. Uselessness in Nigeria banks
Re: ₦10.9 Billion Fraud: Court Jails Ex-Finbank MD, Nwosu, Three Others by BlackFlamefromP: 8:17am On Jan 06, 2021
Just 3 years imprisonment and the court could not order his bank accounts to be frozen and the assets he acquired through the stolen money to be seized by the government? So after 3 years he is free to go and enjoy his stolen billions!

What a useless judgement!
Re: ₦10.9 Billion Fraud: Court Jails Ex-Finbank MD, Nwosu, Three Others by Miracle1991: 8:54am On Jan 06, 2021
Only three years?
Re: ₦10.9 Billion Fraud: Court Jails Ex-Finbank MD, Nwosu, Three Others by Jokkarm2: 8:58am On Jan 06, 2021
10B jst 3 years, this country is a joke. why not give him 75years with hard labour and sell all his belongings
Re: ₦10.9 Billion Fraud: Court Jails Ex-Finbank MD, Nwosu, Three Others by frog12: 9:48am On Jan 06, 2021
this NICE guy going to PRISON?

1 Like

Re: ₦10.9 Billion Fraud: Court Jails Ex-Finbank MD, Nwosu, Three Others by mekuxiani(m): 12:27pm On Jan 06, 2021
Golan007:
Watch how an appeal court would find fault in the ruling.
Fault full the jugdement
Re: ₦10.9 Billion Fraud: Court Jails Ex-Finbank MD, Nwosu, Three Others by amuwo1980: 1:38pm On Jan 06, 2021
Just 3 years ? Throw the book at me it is full of money
Re: ₦10.9 Billion Fraud: Court Jails Ex-Finbank MD, Nwosu, Three Others by Charly68: 2:02pm On Jan 06, 2021
The judge should be prosecuted for this kind of useless non punitive sentence ..10b plus was fraudulently stollen and this kind of light sentence passed! Those who stole ordinary goats they do slam them with 10 years sentence ..where are we going in Nigeria?
Re: ₦10.9 Billion Fraud: Court Jails Ex-Finbank MD, Nwosu, Three Others by 234four: 2:40pm On Jan 06, 2021
[s]
SilverNorGold:
Nice... Looters are fast becoming an endangered species in Nigeria.. All thanks to the President!

However, the judiciary is not helping matters at all... Why three years' imprisonment? Na Royco him steal? No wahala sha, we go soon reason their matter...

May God bless and heal Nigeria.
[/s]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Army Intercepts 37 Suspected Wives And Children Of Boko Haram Terrorists / Police Arrest Killers Of Former Katsina Commissioner, 35 Zamfara Bandits. PHOTO / N500K Reward For Information On Missing Bukola Olowookere

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.