Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,294 members, 7,829,675 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

2011 Elections;my Thoughts. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2011 Elections;my Thoughts. (621 Views)

2015 Elections: My Perception About The Yorubas! / Ajimobi did not win the 2011 elections, he only outsmarted me-Akala / Another Baba Ijebu Game? Have 2sure & Wanna Bet? 2011 Elections! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

2011 Elections;my Thoughts. by Eghosa1(m): 12:39pm On Mar 30, 2011
2011 Elections Mean Different Things to Different People.
While Some People Believe It will Usher Us Into a New Era,Others Do Not think It Holds Much Hope.
Those Who Hold the View that There Wud Be No Significant Change after the Elections are Suffering From the Giddiness that Characterized the Rigging Of the 2007 Polls.
Elections Kick Off In Exactly Five(5) Days & Lots Of Friends and Family Of Mine Have asked Why I Bother Myself with Activism & What I Stand to Gain?,
I am A Nigerian,I Hope to Marry a Nigerian Plus I Hope to Have Nigerian Children SomeDay.
I Believe In the Future of this Country.
I Believe We Can Make Change If We Desire It.
I Believe We Can Be Better.
I Have Spent too Much Of My Free Time this Year thinking about the Way Forward For Our Country More Than I Ever Did My Whole Life.
I Know Now that We Each Have Roles to Play In Making this Country Great.
A Major Way It Can Only Come to Play Is If Credible Leaders are Elected Into Public Office.
It Pains Me to See that the Current Govt & Ruling Party In Nigeria, after 12 Years of Abysmal Failure In Office Is Still Flexing Muscle & Bragging that She Is Going to Win the 2011 Elections 'In a Landslide'.
What I Dont Get Is That Considering the Corruption,Unemployment,Fall In Educational Standards & Brain Drain,
People Still Clamour For 'them'.
To Me Our President(GoodLuck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan) Lacks Credibility(No Offense Intended).
As Far As I'm Concerned I Just Strongly Believe that the Man Is Not Up to the Job Of 'Change' Which We Need Right Now.
The PDP Does Not Represent CHANGE In My Opinion Giving Its Track Records.
GoodLuck Jonathan Stood On Saturday at the Eagle's Square Podium & Spoke about Fighting Corruption.
Seated at That Same Podium were CORRUPT(Emphasis Laid) Past Leaders(OBJ,IBB, etc) Either Adjusting the Mic For Him or Co-Ordinating His Speech.
Are We Fools?
Is The Proverbial Saying 'Show Me Ur Friend & I Will tell U Who U Are' Now Extinct.
The Umbrella GEJ Stands In Shields Corruption.
How Then Can He Fight It
I am Not Begging U to Vote or Not to Vote AnyOne,
I Only Crave Ur Indulgence to Look Before U Leap.
There Is Nothing Like 'Wasting' Ur Vote Provided U Cast It For the Candidate Of Ur Choice Even If He Does Not Win.
Please Do Not Vote For So Called ''Winning'' Candidates.
If Nobody Else Is Bothered about the Spate Of Criminality & Misdemeanour Ravaging Our Nation;I AM.
Assasinations,Arson,Terrorism,Kidnapping,Foul Language Et al Have Now Become the Order of the Day.
I Sincerely Believe We Wud See CHANGE Come From On the 2nd,9th & 16th of April 2011.
The President Shud be able to Stand Up Against the Cabal that Have Misruled this Country & Give Us Credible Polls Which He Preaches to the International Community.
On Our Part,
I Urge U My Friend to Shun Enticement From Corrupt Politicians & Vote Ur Conscience.
Dont Allow Money Put Us In Bondage For Another Four(4) Years.
Ask GOD to Grant Us a Free & Fair Election.
Vote & Defend Ur Vote Friends.
There's Is a Sound Across the Nation,
Its a Call So Clear and Strong,
Its a Call to Build Our Nation,
Its a Call For EveryOne Nigerian.
Its a Call For Transformation.
The Time For Change Is Now.
Though Our Tongue & Tribes May Differ;
We are Still One.
One Nation,One Future,One Love,One Name.
Transformation Starts with U & Me.
Lets Revive & Lets Reform.
Lets Rebuild & Restore.
I BELIEVE WE CAN REACH OUR DESTINY.

ShoutOuts to Lanre 'eLDee' Dabiri & The Buhari & Bakare Team(BB2011) For their Integrity.

(1) (Reply)

Is The West About To Invade Nigeria? / Nigerians Need A Clean Break From Old Hands- Soyinka / Oil Minister In N2.2b Bribery Scandal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.