Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,093 members, 7,818,281 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:47 AM

New Movie Alert: Koko; The Box Tv Now Showing In Cinemas Across The Country - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / New Movie Alert: Koko; The Box Tv Now Showing In Cinemas Across The Country (865 Views)

BBNaija: Dorathy Paying Attention To The Camera In The Box Room / The Wedding Party 2 & 'Merry Men' Are Now Showing On Netflix / Yuletide: Nigerians Spent N359 Million In Cinemas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

New Movie Alert: Koko; The Box Tv Now Showing In Cinemas Across The Country by Nobody: 2:47am On Jan 06, 2021
Kester Nsirim’s movie “KOKO: The BOX TV” made its big screen debut in Cinemas across Nigeria, on New Year's Day, January 1, 2021, and will be available for movie afficionados, critics and film lovers of all ages to see at various cinemas pan-Nigeria for the next Three weeks. The movie which had previously been nominated for the Africa Movie Academy Awards (AMAA) in the TONY ELUMELU AMAA AWARD FOR BEST COMEDY category alongside other movies like Sidechic Gang (Ghana), Banana Island Ghost (Nigeria) and The Adventures Of Supermama (South Africa), features Nollywood stars like Frank Donga , Bimbo Akintola , Frederick Leonard , Ovunda Ihunwo, Akas Baba and many more.

The storyline of the movie which was written and directed by Kester Nsirim captures the tale of a box TV which became the center of attention in a small community in Woji, Port Harcourt. Koko (played by Frank Donga) purchased the 'Box Tv' for his wife’s bar in a bid to attract customers who would love to drink while watching the football matches. Little did Koko know that TV had mysteries that would eventual constitute a threat to his life.

I was thrilled to say the least after watching this movie and hence I decided to find out who the Movie producer/Director Kester Nsirim really is, clearly he is not one of the better known names in the Nollywood Scene. My findings were to say the least shocking as he seems to be making quite a name for himself in the Industry.

After a fine tutelage and amazing encounter with Hollywood filmmaker, Julie Dash and actor/director Giancarlo Esposito, Kester Nsirim made the leap at his first full length feature with the 2012 movie THE LOST NUMBER which premiered at the Pan African Film Festival in Los Angeles and became a triple award winner at the WMIFF in Washington DC. Nsirim continued his journey with another film, THE AGGREGATOR, and other efforts in the world of tourism and music videos.

He has written, directed and produced several works for television and new media including a repertoire of short films like BONNIE, THE INQUEST (Winner - Best Short Film at Zuma Film Festival 2020) and DESTINATION RIVERS.
IMPACT FILE and THE LEGEND OF RIVER ETHIOPE are some of Kester Nsirim’s prominent documentary titles.

See below clips from the movie. Also click this link to view the trailer of this must-see family comedy movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yG6GBhgXXrs

<Inset> Pic 1 - Frederick Leonard and Frank Donga on set
<Inset> Pic 2 - Producer/Director, Kester Nsirim behind the camera.

(1) (Reply)

I Have Some Scripts To Sell Out: How Can I Get To Do That? / Nta's Rip-off / Favourite Actor/actresses In Different Shows.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.