Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,827 members, 7,862,720 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 01:57 AM

Utomi Quits Presidential Race - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Utomi Quits Presidential Race (750 Views)

Jonathan’s Biggest Economic Mistakes — Pat Utomi / Certificate Saga: Withdraw From Presidential Race, PDP Tells Buhari / Pat Utomi To Run As Delta State Gov In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Utomi Quits Presidential Race by mithel(m): 4:53pm On Mar 30, 2011
Utomi quits presidential race

The presidential candidate of the Social Democratic Mega Party, Prof. Pat Utomi, on Wednesday withdrew from the race over the inability of position parties to adopt a single contestant.

Utomi, who confirmed his decision to THE PUNCH on the telephone, said, “Yes, I’ve withdrawn. I withdrew today.”

His decision came as a shock to Nigerians, especially as he had on Tuesday participated in the debate organised by the Nigeria Election Debate Group in Abuja alongside three other candidates.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art2011033016322879

una see wetin don happen,well i guess am stayin in my house dat day sad sad
Re: Utomi Quits Presidential Race by Bintus2much(m): 5:02pm On Mar 30, 2011
Even if he had not quit he still would have gone nowhere in the election results. Dont understand why the government can work with people like him. Very bad you know.
Re: Utomi Quits Presidential Race by mithel(m): 5:04pm On Mar 30, 2011
Bintus2much:

Even if he had not quit he still would have gone nowhere in the election results. Dont understand why the government can work with people like him. Very bad you know.

i dont know o,and d likes of alao akala contest and win elections,well come saturday,we get what we deserve angry angry angry
Re: Utomi Quits Presidential Race by Areosapien(f): 5:09pm On Mar 30, 2011
Nigeria doesn't deserve a man like Pat Utomi. Sad but true.
He's always been my number one contestant; but as a realist, I know he'd never win with our current political structure of heartless criminals and notorious riggers. So, it is for this reason that I'm supporting Buhari to help bulldoze and purge the hell out of our federal government, so as to make way for the true leaders and great minds like the Utomis, the Fasholas, the Dukes and the Chimes.
This is my intention smiley
Re: Utomi Quits Presidential Race by OAM4J: 5:10pm On Mar 30, 2011
hopefully he'll give his support to BB Team.
Re: Utomi Quits Presidential Race by Lagosboy: 5:15pm On Mar 30, 2011
Whoever gave him that advice has done the a wonderful thing. Mr Utomi cannot win any ward in Edo state where he is from. This has nothing to do with his intellect neither does it have anything to do with his not being mega rich , it is only because he doesnt have grassroots touch.

He would have made impacts in the senate, governorship or minister. Everyone doesnt have to be president to make an impact.
Re: Utomi Quits Presidential Race by Bintus2much(m): 5:18pm On Mar 30, 2011
Lagosboy:

Whoever gave him that advice has done the a wonderful thing. Mr Utomi cannot win any ward in Edo state where he is from. This has nothing to do with his intellect neither does it have anything to do with his not being mega rich , it is only because he doesnt have grassroots touch.

He would have made impacts in the senate, governorship or minister. Everyone doesnt have to be president to make an impact.

He is from Delta and not Edo state.
Re: Utomi Quits Presidential Race by EzeUche(m): 5:26pm On Mar 30, 2011
Well it would seem that I have to swing my support to GEJ.

Nigeria is just not ready for Pat Utomi. And that is the sad truth.
Re: Utomi Quits Presidential Race by Nobody: 5:29pm On Mar 30, 2011
the dude never stood a chance anyway.  undecided
Re: Utomi Quits Presidential Race by Akainzo(m): 5:31pm On Mar 30, 2011
EzeUche:

Well it would seem that I have to swing my support to GEJ.

Nigeria is just not ready for Pat Utomi. And that is the sad truth.

That is some switch there! From the best end of the ladder, to the worst end of the ladder. What really was it that you wanted for the nation? What really made you support Pat Utomi?

Could you find all these qualities in GEJ?
Re: Utomi Quits Presidential Race by efisher(m): 5:33pm On Mar 30, 2011
My guess is that Utomi is on the road to taking up a powerful position in the next government. I believe he will contribute to the improvement of our systems.
Re: Utomi Quits Presidential Race by EzeUche(m): 5:33pm On Mar 30, 2011
Akainzo:

That is some switch there! From the best end of the ladder, to the worst end of the ladder. What really was it that you wanted for the nation? What really made you support Pat Utomi?

Could you find all these qualities in GEJ?

Pat Utomi is a progressive and he could of brought change to Nigeria as a whole. GEJ can bring change to the Niger Delta and finally deal with the problems associated with the region.

I am practical in my support. I cannot support Buhari, because he was a former military head of state. And Ribadu is out of the question, because he is simply an attack dog.
Re: Utomi Quits Presidential Race by fstranger3(m): 5:36pm On Mar 30, 2011
Like it matters!
Re: Utomi Quits Presidential Race by seanet02: 5:37pm On Mar 30, 2011
Not unexpected!!
Re: Utomi Quits Presidential Race by Afam4eva(m): 5:39pm On Mar 30, 2011
Lagosboy:

Mr Utomi is from Delta not Edo.
Re: Utomi Quits Presidential Race by Lagosboy: 5:56pm On Mar 30, 2011
Apologies for the mistake and even in Delta state he cannot win his ward
Re: Utomi Quits Presidential Race by monkeyleg: 6:21pm On Mar 30, 2011
A real shame. We never value the best amongst us that is the Nigerian way.

@Ezeuche, you and I know you are voting on tribal lines, there is nothing entirely wrong with that, but, we must remember that has the potential to blank our ability to pick the best candidate based on merit.

I once started a thread about Nigerians being politically lazy. Well there you have it, most would say that he is the best candidate, but most would not support him. Most would want change, but are not prepared to do that which would bring change.
The funny thing is that, this is not an entirely PU thing, Look at our celebrated personalities, Soyinka for one, they get more recognition abroad than @ home. Same goes with Chinua Achebe, even talents like Okonjo Iweala. We just don’t have a history of supporting the very best amongst us. Yet we cry when the worst amongst us put us through the mill.
Anyway, saying always goes, you get what you deserve
Re: Utomi Quits Presidential Race by Blazay(m): 8:02pm On Mar 30, 2011
Like he was ever in it in the first place? undecided
Let these dull and uninspiring jungle-politics of s-election processes come and go.
What a drag!
Re: Utomi Quits Presidential Race by MAYOWAAK: 11:32pm On Mar 30, 2011
OAM4J:

hopefully he'll give his support to BB Team.

No,According to Channels Tv,he has urged his supporters to vote for Ibrahim Shekarau.

(1) (Reply)

Bankole And Iyabo Obasanjo Loses: Whats Your Take? / Port Harcourt's Overflowing Drains / The Spoilt Yorubas Always Ask For Good Gov.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.