Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,446 members, 7,853,937 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 08:16 AM

Mick Mulvaney Resigns From The Trump Administration - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Mick Mulvaney Resigns From The Trump Administration (184 Views)

Donald Trump Resigns From the US Actors Union / Trump's Administration Is "Irresponsible" - Joe Biden / Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mick Mulvaney Resigns From The Trump Administration by Obrigardo: 2:31pm On Jan 07, 2021
‘I can’t stay here’ — Mick Mulvaney resigns from Trump administration, expects others to follow

Mick Mulvaney, President Trump’s former chief of staff, told CNBC he has resigned as special U.S. envoy to Northern Ireland.
Mulvaney said he called Secretary of State Mike Pompeo on Wednesday night to tell him of his decision.
“I can’t do it. I can’t stay,” said Mulvaney, adding that Trump was “not the same as he was eight months ago.”
He said other officials may follow suit.

“I called [Secretary of State] Mike Pompeo last night to let him know I was resigning from that. I can’t do it. I can’t stay,” Mick Mulvaney said in an exclusive interview on “Squawk Box.”

“Those who choose to stay, and I have talked with some of them, are choosing to stay because they’re worried the president might put someone worse in,” Mulvaney said. But he said other officials may resign after Wednesday’s riot at the U.S. Capitol.

An administration official confirmed to CNBC’s Eamon Javers that National Security Advisor Robert O’Brien was considering resigning over the insurrection. O’Brien’s deputy, Matthew Pottinger, has reportedly resigned. Stephanie Grisham, chief of staff for first lady Melania Trump, and Sarah Matthews, White House deputy press secretary, resigned Wednesday.

“We didn’t sign up for what you saw last night,” Mulvaney said. “We signed up for making America great again, we signed up for lower taxes and less regulation. The president has a long list of successes that we can be proud of.”

“But all of that went away yesterday, and I think you’re right to ask the question as to ‘how did it happen?’” Mulvaney told CNBC’s Andrew Ross Sorkin.

Mulvaney added that Trump was “not the same as he was eight months ago.”

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/07/mick-mulvaney-resigns-from-trump-administration-expects-others-to-follow.html

Re: Mick Mulvaney Resigns From The Trump Administration by Freestainworld(m): 3:14pm On Jan 07, 2021
Trump is finished

(1) (Reply)

Congress Is Writing Up Biden’s Stimulus Plan. Here’s What’s In It. / UN Secretary General Discusses Peace In Yemen With Iranian FM / 418 Stranded Nigerians In Saudi Arabia Arrive Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.