Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,300 members, 7,819,020 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

Arsenal Vs Newcastle :FA Cup (2 - 0) On 9th January 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Vs Newcastle :FA Cup (2 - 0) On 9th January 2021 (18389 Views)

Nottingham Forest Vs Arsenal FA Cup (1 - 0) On 9th January 2022 / Chelsea Vs Liverpool : FA Cup (2 - 0) On 3rd March 2020 / Barcelona Vs Athletico Madrid: Spanish Super Cup (2 - 3) On 9th January 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Vs Newcastle :FA Cup (2 - 0) On 9th January 2021 by Okoroawusa: 7:43am On Jan 10, 2021
Taiwojon:

Jesus is all and in all be it sport, religion or anything
Oga e be like say you come new to Nairaland. Be calming down before spam bot and mods descend on you with bans.
Re: Arsenal Vs Newcastle :FA Cup (2 - 0) On 9th January 2021 by MSGAMBLE9: 9:23am On Jan 10, 2021
DarkJeddi:
Newcastle FC is a Premier League team and THAT alone begets respect..
In as much as am an Arsenal fan,I found the notion of belittling Newcastle very offensive,it shows a lack of knowledge of history of the Club..
They may not be a top six club,but they are a BIG CLUB,with some of the biggest Fan base in England..
Like they say,Newcastle no come to break melon..
You are funny, are we talking about history of the club now...then Aston villa are in same class as Arsenal since they both won the championship b4 more so Valencia and Barca, Bayern & Bremen are mates now.

In 2021, You putting Arsenal in same class with Toons irked me...more so covid ravaged Newcastle. Never knew Arsenal are relegation battler class.

Your logic is skewed
Re: Arsenal Vs Newcastle :FA Cup (2 - 0) On 9th January 2021 by kayusely70(m): 9:49am On Jan 10, 2021
Taiwojon:

LIAR!!!!
Fake Pastor!
Re: Arsenal Vs Newcastle :FA Cup (2 - 0) On 9th January 2021 by MSGAMBLE9: 9:50am On Jan 10, 2021
DarkJeddi:
I asked a question and instead of providing FACTS,you went all sentimental..
Ozil's start over the last two seasons doesn't bear any resemblance to all the hype and myth most of you have turned him into..
Am sure you are one of those that are waiting for Arsenal to start losing,so that you can all start shouting bring back Ozil..
Which best run of games are you talking about?
What was his goal and assists contribution?
A defensive liability..
Giving Ozil his contract was a BIG FAT MISTAKE..
And to think it was because of him we had to let Rambo go.. angry
As at the time Ozil was offered the contract, nobody could fault the club then for offering him that hefty amount cos his number speaks for itself.

Fact? I told you before he was dropped after covid and over the past 2 seasons, look up the number of Chances created by Arsenal players not even the recent poster-boy Saka could match his numbers.

As proven by his standard at RM and National team, he was never a GOAL SCORER buh a creator. His numbers maybe down but he is still Arsenal's best, nobody even come close.

Defensive liability? Not even the rigid Atlectico have 11 runner on the field e.g Forlan and now Carrassco would never tracked back even Inter's Martinez rarely close down player when dispossess buh they offer what others couldnt. Like wenger said "it about finding the balance".

Waiting for them to lose? With their performance yesterday against covid ravaged Toons, trust me i have every reason to be pessimistic about their chances in the long run.
Re: Arsenal Vs Newcastle :FA Cup (2 - 0) On 9th January 2021 by kayusely70(m): 9:51am On Jan 10, 2021
Taiwojon:

LIAR!!!!!
God Shall Shame U Fake Pastor
Re: Arsenal Vs Newcastle :FA Cup (2 - 0) On 9th January 2021 by DarkJeddi(m): 11:54am On Jan 10, 2021
MSGAMBLE9:
You are funny, are we talking about history of the club now...then Aston villa are in same class as Arsenal since they both won the championship b4 more so Valencia and Barca, Bayern & Bremen are mates now.

In 2021, You putting Arsenal in same class with Toons irked me...more so covid ravaged Newcastle. Never knew Arsenal are relegation battler class.

Your logic is skewed
Man Utd had to struggle to beat Watford,a Championship Club by 1 nil..
By your logic,they should be crucified for daring to win a lowly Championship Club by a mere 1 goal margin..
How dare a Mighty Man Utd play out a drab 1 nil to a mere Watford..
Like I said,THIS IS the FA Cup and if you are playing against a PREMIERSHIP TEAM,even Shefield United,they deserve to be respected..
And yes Newcastle FC is a big team,they may not be in the same league as Arsenal and the top six teams,but that doesn't stop them being a big team..
Would you call Everton,Leicester City or Leeds United small teams,just because they are not top six?
Re: Arsenal Vs Newcastle :FA Cup (2 - 0) On 9th January 2021 by Taiwojon(m): 12:00pm On Jan 10, 2021
Okoroawusa:

Oga e be like say you come new to Nairaland. Be calming down before spam bot and mods descend on you with bans.
they can never

I said never,

Jesus love you, Jesus save
Re: Arsenal Vs Newcastle :FA Cup (2 - 0) On 9th January 2021 by Taiwojon(m): 12:01pm On Jan 10, 2021
kayusely70:
Fake Pastor!

how

because I said arsenal will carry fa cup you said I am liar. change your mindset.

Jesus love you

Jesus save
Re: Arsenal Vs Newcastle :FA Cup (2 - 0) On 9th January 2021 by Taiwojon(m): 12:03pm On Jan 10, 2021
kayusely70:
God Shall Shame U Fake Pastor

nonsense.

give your life to Jesus to avoid everlasting shame, that is why Jesus die for you

Jesus save
Re: Arsenal Vs Newcastle :FA Cup (2 - 0) On 9th January 2021 by sylve11: 1:25pm On Jan 10, 2021
Arsenal Vs Newcastle :FA Cup (2 - 0) after extra time.

Foolish football club sad cool
Re: Arsenal Vs Newcastle :FA Cup (2 - 0) On 9th January 2021 by Okoroawusa: 1:25pm On Jan 10, 2021
Taiwojon:

they can never

I said never,

Jesus love you, Jesus save
Continue
Re: Arsenal Vs Newcastle :FA Cup (2 - 0) On 9th January 2021 by Kinzo0917(m): 1:31pm On Jan 10, 2021
[color=#990000][/color]gunners
Re: Arsenal Vs Newcastle :FA Cup (2 - 0) On 9th January 2021 by MSGAMBLE9: 5:23pm On Jan 10, 2021
DarkJeddi:
Man Utd had to struggle to beat Watford,a Championship Club by 1 nil..
By your logic,they should be crucified for daring to win a lowly Championship Club by a mere 1 goal margin..
How dare a Mighty Man Utd play out a drab 1 nil to a mere Watford..
Like I said,THIS IS the FA Cup and if you are playing against a PREMIERSHIP TEAM,even Shefield United,they deserve to be respected..
And yes Newcastle FC is a big team,they may not be in the same league as Arsenal and the top six teams,but that doesn't stop them being a big team..
Would you call Everton,Leicester City or Leeds United small teams,just because they are not top six?
The scoreline might suggest United struggle buh the game flow didn't...United scored within the 15min and could easily have scored 4 yesterday buh were wasteful.

The issue is with the Performance not the scoreline, Arsenal never look like scoring in Regulation time against Covid depleted Toon side. They created little less to nothing during the 90min.

With all due respect, there were reason why certain Top 6 exist maybe due financial strenght, class of players and club aim for the season etc...Even in Army and Civil service cadre and level exist.

Pls Arsenal Fc is not in same class with Everton, Leeds, even liecester (buh all thanks to MA, Emery and bad Mgt.), you may think otherwise.

Buh if you think Arsenal doesn't deserve better, well we shall see. They maybe stringing result together now buh their Performance is Un_Arsenal like.

Result is good buh it their performances that will boost Optimism.
Re: Arsenal Vs Newcastle :FA Cup (2 - 0) On 9th January 2021 by DarkJeddi(m): 5:49pm On Jan 10, 2021
MSGAMBLE9:
The scoreline might suggest United struggle buh the game flow didn't...United scored within the 15min and could easily have scored 4 yesterday buh were wasteful

With all due respect, there were reason why certain Top 6 exist maybe due financial strenght, class of players and club aim for the season etc...Even in Army and Civil service cadre and level exist.

Pls Arsenal Fc is not in same class with Everton, Leeds, even liecester (buh all thanks to MA, Emery and bad Mgt.).

Buh if you think Arsenal doesn't deserve better, well we shall see. They maybe stringing result together now buh their Performance is Un_Arsenal like.
The problem with some football Fans is that they always have reasons to complain about..

Damn if you do,damn if you don't..

Arsenal was losing,complain..

Arsenal started winning,complain..

They are not playing well enough..

Look around you,every club in the EPL has been struggling..

The same tiny,inconsequential Newcastle drew with All Mighty Liverpool FC..

Riff raffs like Southampton have beaten Champions Liverpool.

Nonentities like Aston Villa,Smashed Liverpool 7-2..

So Man Utd scored 1 and they couldn't score more and yet that can be excused?

According to you,they could easily have scored more?

Every day is not Christmas..

What separates the Champions from the also rans,is the ability to grind out results even on their worst days..

Arsenal have advanced to the next round of the FA CUP and THAT is what matters,however it was achieved is INCONSEQUENTIAL.
Re: Arsenal Vs Newcastle :FA Cup (2 - 0) On 9th January 2021 by MSGAMBLE9: 6:04pm On Jan 10, 2021
DarkJeddi:
The problem with some football Fans is that they always have reasons to complain about..

Damn if you do,damn if you don't..

Arsenal was losing,complain..

Arsenal started winning,complain..

They are not playing well enough..

Look around you,every club in the EPL has been struggling..

The same tiny,inconsequential Newcastle drew with All Mighty Liverpool FC..

Riff raffs like Southampton have beaten Champions Liverpool.

Nonentities like Aston Villa,Smashed Liverpool 7-2..

So Man Utd scored 1 and they couldn't score more and yet that can be excused?

According to you,they could easily have scored more?

Every day is not Christmas..

What separates the Champions from the also rans,is the ability to grind out results even on their worst days..

Arsenal have advanced to the next round of the FA CUP and THAT is what matters,however it was achieved is INCONSEQUENTIAL.
Riff raff like Saint can beat Liverpool buh we know where the Reds are on the table and how consistently consistent they have been i.e top of CL group and EPL. You cant grind out all the 38 matches with performance that left much to be desired and still expect to be among Elites at the top.

No, my experiences says otherwise.

The
Re: Arsenal Vs Newcastle :FA Cup (2 - 0) On 9th January 2021 by ofiko123(m): 6:08pm On Jan 10, 2021
Up gunners... Arsenal for life..
Re: Arsenal Vs Newcastle :FA Cup (2 - 0) On 9th January 2021 by DarkJeddi(m): 6:15pm On Jan 10, 2021
MSGAMBLE9:
Riff raff like Saint can beat Liverpool buh we know where the Reds are on the table and how consistently consistent they have been i.e top of CL group and EPL. You cant grind out all the 38 matches with performance that left much to be desired and still expect to be among Elites at the top.

No, my experiences says otherwise.

The

You win some with flair and you grind out some..

Even Bayern Munich has their off days ..

So?

Arsenal have won FOUR matches on the bounce..

Some with flair and some without..

And yet you are complaining..

What more exactly,do you want from them? shocked
Re: Arsenal Vs Newcastle :FA Cup (2 - 0) On 9th January 2021 by MSGAMBLE9: 6:32pm On Jan 10, 2021
DarkJeddi:
You win some with flair and you grind out some..

Even Bayern Munich has their off days ..

So?

Arsenal have won FOUR matches on the bounce..

Some with flair and some without..

And yet you are complaining..

What more exactly,do you want from them? shocked
Bro, i want to enjoy and loved this team once again.

Cast your mind back to Everton,Leeds,Wolves and Saints and commot the Red and white jersey from Arsenal player replace it with Burnley own...

Would you have argue they weren't Claret instead of Gunners playing? The performance is drab worthy of bottom 6.

The word Flair is far from Arsenal play right now buh atleast show some purpose not waiting for something to happen like they do now.

Emery miss top 4 by 1point, Arteta will disgrace us by longshot.

Am not optimistic of their chances.
Re: Arsenal Vs Newcastle :FA Cup (2 - 0) On 9th January 2021 by DarkJeddi(m): 7:01pm On Jan 10, 2021
MSGAMBLE9:
Bro, i want to enjoy and loved this team once again.

Cast your mind back to Everton,Leeds,Wolves and Saints and commot the Red and white jersey from Arsenal player replace it with Burnley own...

Would you have argue they weren't Claret instead of Gunners playing? The performance is drab worthy of bottom 6.

The word Flair is far from Arsenal play right now buh atleast show some purpose not waiting for something to happen like they do now.

Emery miss top 4 by 1point, Arteta will disgrace us by longshot.

Am not optimistic of their chances.
Sure the team is not yet there,but I believe in Arteta and the process..
It may not be an excuse but he is learning on the job and doing his best and that is what matters to me..
Arsenal has been drab,but the recent upturn in fortune and introduction of youngsters is a testament to his acumen..
Players like William and Pepe are being benched for Saka and ESR and Arsenal has been better for it..
If we have to be the best then it's crucial to give the Coach a chance..
Sir Alex Ferguson was almost sacked for poor results in his first few seasons.
It took Klopp a few seasons for Liverpool to be where they are today..
Coming to Emery and his 1 point miss,may I remind you that Arsenal practically had top 4 in the bag and yet SOMEHOW managed to miss out?
That was probably the lowest moments of being a Gunner personally and he is not getting any props from me for that calamity! angry
Re: Arsenal Vs Newcastle :FA Cup (2 - 0) On 9th January 2021 by MSGAMBLE9: 7:12pm On Jan 10, 2021
DarkJeddi:
Sure the team is not yet there,but I believe in Arteta and the process..
It may not be an excuse but he is learning on the job and doing his best and that is what matters to me..
Arsenal has been drab,but the recent upturn in fortune and introduction of youngsters is a testament to his acumen..
Players like William and Pepe are being benched for Saka and ESR and Arsenal has been better for it..
If we have to be the best then it's crucial to give the Coach a chance..
Sir Alex Ferguson was almost sacked for poor results in his first few seasons.
It took Klopp a few seasons for Liverpool to be where they are today..
Coming to Emery and his 1 point miss,may I remind you that Arsenal practically had top 4 in the bag and yet SOMEHOW managed to miss out?
That was probably the lowest moments of being a Gunner personally and he is not getting any props from me for that calamity! angry
You compare Arteta to Ferguson and klopp those who have track record. Hmmm

Emery rank Europa abv 4place ( which i wouldnt blame him) which prove fatal...this Mumu would't get us close to either with what have seen so far.

Do you remember how he throw away that Olympiacos tie at home?

I dont share your optimism.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tottenham Sacks Andre Villas-Boas / Liverpool Vs Chelsea (0 - 0) On 21 January 2023 / Westham United Vs Manchester United (1 - 1) On 8th February 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.