Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,907 members, 7,835,022 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

How Not To Provoke God To Anger (3) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Not To Provoke God To Anger (3) (91 Views)

Never Provoke God / ANGER (3) / How Not To Provoke God To Anger (1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Not To Provoke God To Anger (3) by SonofIssachar: 3:24am On Jan 08, 2021
Below is the third instalment in our series on how not to provoke God to anger.

And to whom did He swear that they would not enter His rest, but to those who did not obey? So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief. – Hebrews 3:18-19

Another human attitude that irks God to no end is unbelief. God is both mighty and awesome, among many other things, and He has acquitted Himself through the ages as ever-reliable and dependable, such that no one can claim he/she has not experienced His goodness or knows any other god bigger, higher, or more powerful than Him.

Every day we see His manifold goodness in the mundane and mega things of life: we see the rising and the falling of the Sun heralding the start and end of each day; we also go about our daily activities expecting there will be air to supply us the oxygen we need to live. At intermittent intervals, we see the air in other forms such as whirlwind, hurricane, and tornado that enable us to appreciate that all the things we see and enjoy in life can actually come in adverse forms, which we can do nothing about. Thus, we can appreciate their common form, rather than take it for granted that they will always be that way.

We must have also read in the Bible, as well as heard or seen in contemporary time, the various acts of kindness of God and His interventions (otherwise called miracles) in different cases in terms of healing, deliverance, provisions, orchestrations, favours and many other wow things He has done or is doing in the lives of folks. So, He really doesn’t need to prove Himself anymore for us to trust that He’s got our back and will always do His part.

Therefore, it upsets Him greatly when we go about doubting and second-guessing Him. He is cool when we live in the assurance of His care and ability – that is faith. “But without faith, it is impossible to please Him” (Hebrews 11:6).

You will succeed in Jesus Name!

Other readings

Beware of Him and obey His voice; do not provoke Him, for He will not pardon your transgressions; for My name is in Him. – Exodus 23:21

When I have brought them to the land flowing with milk and honey, of which I swore to their fathers, and they have eaten and filled themselves and grown fat, then they will turn to other gods and serve them; and they will provoke Me and break My covenant. – Deuteronomy 31:20

They provoked Him to jealousy with foreign gods; With abominations they provoked Him to anger. – Deuteronomy 32:16

They have provoked Me to jealousy by what is not God; They have moved Me to anger by their foolish idols. But I will provoke them to jealousy by those who are not a nation; I will move them to anger by a foolish nation. – Deuteronomy 32:21

and they forsook the Lord God of their fathers, who had brought them out of the land of Egypt; and they followed other gods from among the gods of the people who were all around them, and they bowed down to them; and they provoked the Lord to anger. – Judges 2:12

Also read:
https://daily-dew.com/how-not-to-provoke-god-to-anger-1/
https://daily-dew.com/how-not-to-provoke-god-to-anger-2/
https://daily-dew.com/purpose-sent-to-take-away-sins/

(1) (Reply)

. / Christian Special – Cheap Grace On Sale!? / Choose Your Imagination Wisely

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.