Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,415 members, 7,822,935 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

Why Are Nigerians Seen As Fraudulent And Dubious People? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Why Are Nigerians Seen As Fraudulent And Dubious People? (731 Views)

Nigerians Seen Looting MTN Properties In Maraba, Abuja (photos) / Suspected Malaysian Thief Robbing Nigerians, Seen Begging After Being Caught / Shocking Revelation: Social Exchange Market Grant Busted As Fraudulent Programme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Nigerians Seen As Fraudulent And Dubious People? by Zontage: 1:39pm On Jan 08, 2021
Why are Nigerians seen as fraudulent and dubious people?
Hafa?

How you dey?

These seem to be the first thing many foreigners say while interacting with me for the first time.

According to them, In saying this the Nigerian wouldn't think of scamming them because they're sounding like a local.

I think some got this from scam watch sites, travel agencies, their government.

I really don't care where they got that from because such familiar parlance won't stop me from scamming you if i wanted to.

You contacted me because you want to get some information, you're testing me in the process if i have scamming tendencies, we are not even talking money for christ sake.

For some time now, Nigerians studying abroad only come back home as a corpse, the ones alive have nothing good to tell.

The government of the host countries have no good explanation to give, neither the Nigerian government, as usual.

India, Ukraine, North Cyprus, Russia, Malaysia, even our own brothers South Africa, top the list on the dishonourable treatment of some Nigerians.

Some of these Nigerians are not innocent, but the majority of them are but general hate is spread on them all.

Some of these acts are purely racist but in most cases, it's due to the news, the rumours they have heard about Nigerians:

Internet scammer.

Drug pushers.

love-vendor, etc.

These are susceptible youths, mostly from rich homes, hoping to get a good and affordable education from these countries but are met with hate and untimely death all because of generalization, a single story.

Nigerians are seen as fraudulent and dubious, unfortunately, that is the exact way many Nigerians see the rest of the world too.

Either way, cheating is inherent in every human, and it's not just in money.

Some persons just don't do it because they have a "conscience," Nigerians have this too.

You were duped by a Nigerian? So sorry, that wasn't me, it's not all Nigerians who cheat.

I won't do that, because i wouldn't want anyone to do that to me.

Some Nigerians know their field inside out, locking them out based on rumours you've heard or read in some fancy literature is only going to be disadvantageous to us all.

I am a Nigerian, not a scammer
Re: Why Are Nigerians Seen As Fraudulent And Dubious People? by 9jamustchange: 1:46pm On Jan 08, 2021
Like painting your house black and asking why the house is black.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Seen As Fraudulent And Dubious People? by Kestolove(m): 2:24pm On Jan 08, 2021
Not nigerians but biafrans
Re: Why Are Nigerians Seen As Fraudulent And Dubious People? by THeCvExpert: 2:25pm On Jan 08, 2021
Ok
Re: Why Are Nigerians Seen As Fraudulent And Dubious People? by Zontage: 3:01pm On Jan 08, 2021
Kestolove:

Sentiments aside, this issue of fraud shouldn't be one-sided.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Seen As Fraudulent And Dubious People? by Miracle1991: 7:10pm On Jan 08, 2021
Thanks to those flat head. They have succeeded in soiling our image home and abroad.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Seen As Fraudulent And Dubious People? by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jan 08, 2021
undecided
Re: Why Are Nigerians Seen As Fraudulent And Dubious People? by spice123(m): 7:46pm On Jan 08, 2021
Kestolove:
So hussppupi is now a biafran?
Re: Why Are Nigerians Seen As Fraudulent And Dubious People? by dlaw70(m): 8:10pm On Jan 08, 2021
Because they are

Re: Why Are Nigerians Seen As Fraudulent And Dubious People? by solofresh(m): 8:42pm On Jan 08, 2021
[quote author=Kestolove post=97848992]Not nigerians but biafrans[/Na Igbo people dey disagrace us up and down oo]
Re: Why Are Nigerians Seen As Fraudulent And Dubious People? by oluwa5418: 9:02pm On Jan 08, 2021
[quote author=Kestolove post=97848992]Not nigerians but biafrans[/Na Igbo people dey disagrace us up and down oo]
Re: Why Are Nigerians Seen As Fraudulent And Dubious People? by Kestolove(m): 1:48am On Jan 09, 2021
[quote author=oluwa5418 post=97861321][/quote] aswear guy
Re: Why Are Nigerians Seen As Fraudulent And Dubious People? by Kestolove(m): 1:49am On Jan 09, 2021
spice123:

So hussppupi is now a biafran?
no o, his ipob
Re: Why Are Nigerians Seen As Fraudulent And Dubious People? by Yobabad: 5:50am On Jan 09, 2021
Afonjas are very deep in Yahoo business and very good in skull mining
Re: Why Are Nigerians Seen As Fraudulent And Dubious People? by NLRulesEnforcer: 5:57am On Jan 09, 2021
bunto:
I phone twelvepro unboxed but new 6gb/l28gb graphite (dark gold). 500k
Zero 8 zero 987387 four zero

Get it with free amour case (OtterBox)

Kindly receive sense and stop spamming the forum threads with your ads abusing and breaking forum rules. Continue and you will be reported to the Mods and your account permanently banned within the next 24 hours.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Seen As Fraudulent And Dubious People? by bmdnamixer: 7:08am On Jan 09, 2021
and also business killers
Re: Why Are Nigerians Seen As Fraudulent And Dubious People? by Nobody: 10:47am On Jan 09, 2021
Probably because the Nigerian government is a grand scam.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Seen As Fraudulent And Dubious People? by danietohbadt(m): 11:34am On Jan 09, 2021
Zontage:
Hafa?

How you dey?

These seem to be the first thing many foreigners say while interacting with me for the first time.

According to them, In saying this the Nigerian wouldn't think of scamming them because they're sounding like a local.

I really don't care where they got that from because such familiar parlance won't stop me from scamming you if i wanted to.

You contacted me because you want to get some information, you're testing me in the process if i have scamming tendencies, we are not even talking money for christ sake.

For some time now, Nigerians studying abroad only come back home as a corpse, the ones alive have nothing good to tell.

The government of the host countries have no good explanation to give, neither the Nigerian government, as usual.

India, Ukraine, North Cyprus, Russia, Malaysia, even our own brothers South Africa, top the list on the dishonourable treatment of some Nigerians.

Some of these Nigerians are not innocent, but the majority of them are but general hate is spread on them all.

Some of these acts are purely racist but in most cases, it's due to the news, the rumours they have heard about Nigerians:

Internet scammer.

Drug pushers.

love-vendor, etc.

These are susceptible youths, mostly from rich homes, hoping to get a good and affordable education from these countries but are met with hate and untimely death all because of generalization, a single story.

Nigerians are seen as fraudulent and dubious, unfortunately, that is the exact way many Nigerians see the rest of the world too.

Some persons just don't do it because they have a "conscience," Nigerians have this too.

You were duped by a Nigerian? So sorry, that wasn't me, it's not all Nigerians who cheat.

Some Nigerians know their field inside out, locking them out based on rumours you've heard or read in some fancy literature is only going to be disadvantageous to us all.

"Painting your worm-eated crops beautiful colours and calling them beautiful names doesn't change the harvest"

......W. F Kumuyi.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Seen As Fraudulent And Dubious People? by babslepe: 1:21pm On Jan 09, 2021
Zontage:
Hafa?

How you dey?

Internet scammer.

Drug pushers.

love-vendor, etc.

the truth be told a large majority of Nigerians abroad are not good ambassadors of our country, all in the name of greener pastures you will see nigerians living in little remote towns abroad where no foreigner should be in the first place (and the most painful part they are always loud everyone is in their business) I engaged a cabbie in a conversation and the cabbie told me when you are an immigrant irrespective of what your hussle is whether legal or illegal always act as if it is legal, you see a group of Nigerians in a particular area their pattern is always the same 4-5 able-bodied men living in a flat ,they hardly go out during working hours yet they live very lavishly .This host communities place close attention once they discover you are Nigerian and the funny part is our brothers will always show themselves

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Seen As Fraudulent And Dubious People? by kereman1: 7:49pm On Jan 09, 2021
Look below for ur answer

Re: Why Are Nigerians Seen As Fraudulent And Dubious People? by Recee: 9:00pm On Jan 13, 2021
babslepe:
the truth be told a large majority of Nigerians abroad are not good ambassadors of our country, all in the name of greener pastures you will see nigerians living in little remote towns abroad where no foreigner should be in the first place (and the most painful part they are always loud everyone is in their business) I engaged a cabbie in a conversation and the cabbie told me when you are an immigrant irrespective of what your hussle is whether legal or illegal always act as if it is legal, you see a group of Nigerians in a particular area their pattern is always the same 4-5 able-bodied men living in a flat ,they hardly go out during working hours yet they live very lavishly .This host communities place close attention once they discover you are Nigerian and the funny part is our brothers will always show themselves
Wow

(1) (Reply)

. / Video: Man Beats His Apprentice To Death During An Argument / Emeka Williams Isn’t The Owner Of Glass House Events & Suites – Management

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.