Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,899 members, 7,821,135 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:46 AM

Redeemed Church Stops Muslim Ladies From NIN Registration Over Hijab - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Redeemed Church Stops Muslim Ladies From NIN Registration Over Hijab (6080 Views)

Dino Melaye Preaching At Redeemed Christian Church, Maryland, Usa.(video) / Kaduna Hisbah Bans Girls, Ladies From Using Mobile Phones, Wearing Sunglasses / Turbaning: Redeemed Church Pastors Move Against Ize-iyamu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Redeemed Church Stops Muslim Ladies From NIN Registration Over Hijab by Biodun556(m): 5:36pm On Jan 08, 2021
The security team attached to the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) Camp along the Lagos-Ibadan expressway have prevented Muslim ladies who adorn the Hijab from entering their premises for the registration of National Identity Number (NIN).

https://muslimnews.com.ng/2021/01/08/redeemed-church-stops-muslim-ladies-from-nin-registration-over-hijab/

RCCG is one of the enrolment centres accredited by the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) in Ogun State.

Muslim News findings revealed that the management of the Church had instructed its security team not to allow Muslim ladies in Hijab enter the premises during the NIN registration.

Many victims told our correspondent that they were turned back at the gate over refusal to remove their hijabs as they tried to beat the February 9 deadline.

It would be recalled that the FG had in mid-December, 2020 directed that all SIM cards be linked to the National Identity Number (NIN).

To ensure that no Nigerian is deprived from the exercise, the National Task Force on NIN and SIM Registration announced that the December 30 deadline has been extended to February 9, 2021 for those without NIN.

But many Muslim ladies who reside around the RCCG camp area expressed their displeasure over what they termed “discrimination against the hijab which violates their fundamental rights.”

Risikat Agbabiaka told Muslim News that she was stopped from entering the premises on Thursday because of her Hijab, saying, “I could have gone to Owode-Obafe LGA but it is far from my house. The only accredited centre in my area is RCCG camp.

“Unfortunately, the church security official prevented me from going in. He asked me to remove my Hijab but I declined. So, I left.”

Another victim, who identifies herself as Fatimah confirmed the news to Muslim News on Friday, saying they were not allowed to use the Hijab while in the Church premises for the NIN registration.

According to her, “This is very wrong. I am highly disappointed. And I don’t really blame them because they don’t really like us. But I put the blame on the NIMC who authorised them to be doing the registration in their Church.

“I’m using this medium to call on the Federal Government, particularly the Honourable Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, to delist Churches or any other religious organisations who discriminate against members of other faiths from the enrolment centres or any other government exercises.”

A security official who spoke with Muslim News on condition of anonymity confirmed the report, saying the “No Hijab” order was an instruction from the management of the Church and it is their duty to follow it.

“I didn’t make the law. I am only enforcing it. No Hijab is allowed in the Church premises during or after NIN registration. If you have issues with the instruction, come to the Church Secretariat,” he added.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Redeemed Church Stops Muslim Ladies From NIN Registration Over Hijab by Biodun556(m): 5:38pm On Jan 08, 2021
It insensitive for NIMC to establish a registration center in the premises of a religious organization without giving alternative to others in the same locality.

When it comes to intolerance, Christians are number 1 in Nigeria.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Redeemed Church Stops Muslim Ladies From NIN Registration Over Hijab by Tolexander: 5:43pm On Jan 08, 2021
Biodun556:
Christianisation agenda.

It insensitive for NIMC to establish a registration center in the premises of a religious organization.

[s]When it comes to intolerance, Christians are number 1 in Nigeria[/s].
The only reasonable post you made is in your second paragraph.

It is so unreasonably insensitive for that kind of secular registration for different religions to be stationed in a religious place of worship.

Would women with their hair opened be allowed to enter a mosque environment to register if the registration is centered in a mosque or people entering with footwears?

81 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Redeemed Church Stops Muslim Ladies From NIN Registration Over Hijab by DuBLINGreenb(m): 5:44pm On Jan 08, 2021
No.

But one question why can you always see evil in their eyes.

They never smile, they are never happy or just normal, you can always see hate, disappointment, disapproval,
Everything Haram, haram

Malaysia that was making guy as the only peaceful islamic nation terrorists have started striking and radicalisation is in the horizon after one flood the islamists said Allah is punishing them for being open minded and liberal guess what?

They now have their own version of our Hisbah(islamic police) they go round checking for ridiculous things

Instead of asking people have you eaten? Do you want job? No na to see who dey follow who for community

Which man dey toast which girl, who hold hands, who kiss bring dem make we tawarsh dem flog dem wella Hadi lashing and serious canning

Na wa for dem oh

11 Likes

Re: Redeemed Church Stops Muslim Ladies From NIN Registration Over Hijab by ZKOSOSO(m): 5:50pm On Jan 08, 2021
Why not demand for a centre around MURIC complex?

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Redeemed Church Stops Muslim Ladies From NIN Registration Over Hijab by Arewa247(m): 5:52pm On Jan 08, 2021
WE ARE CALLING UNTO NIMC TO URGENTLY CHANGE THE REGISTRATION CENTER OR WE WILL CHANGE ALL OUR REGISTRATION CENTERS TO MOSQUE.

3 Likes

Re: Redeemed Church Stops Muslim Ladies From NIN Registration Over Hijab by kalu61(m): 5:52pm On Jan 08, 2021
l hand over this case to MURIC.
Re: Redeemed Church Stops Muslim Ladies From NIN Registration Over Hijab by kalu61(m): 5:54pm On Jan 08, 2021
Arewa247:
WE ARE CALLING UNTO NIMC TO URGENTLY CHANGE THE REGISTRATION CENTER OR WE WILL CHANGE ALL OUR REGISTRATION CENTERS TO MOSQUE.
Seems you have finished wailing.

Welcome (back)bark

How many moniker do you have now?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Redeemed Church Stops Muslim Ladies From NIN Registration Over Hijab by 2special(m): 5:57pm On Jan 08, 2021
But have seen so many Muslims wearing hijab selling food, drinks and other food stuff inside the main auditorium of the camp.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Redeemed Church Stops Muslim Ladies From NIN Registration Over Hijab by 2special(m): 6:00pm On Jan 08, 2021
Arewa247:
hope I won't be ask to remove my shoe if I want to enter the mosque for registration

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Redeemed Church Stops Muslim Ladies From NIN Registration Over Hijab by Biodun556(m): 6:00pm On Jan 08, 2021
DuBLINGreenb:
No.

They never smile, they are never happy or just normal, you can always see hate, disappointment, disapproval,
Everything Haram, haram

Malaysia that was making guy as the only peaceful islamic nation terrorists have started striking and radicalisation is in the horizon after one flood the islamists said Allah is punishing them for being open minded and liberal guess what?

They now have their own version of our Hisbah(islamic police) they go round checking for ridiculous things

Instead of asking people have you eaten? Do you want job? No na to see who dey follow who for community

Which man dey toast which girl, who hold hands, who kiss bring dem make we tawarsh dem flog dem wella Hadi lashing and serious canning

Na wa for dem oh

undecided
Re: Redeemed Church Stops Muslim Ladies From NIN Registration Over Hijab by Akanbiedu(m): 6:01pm On Jan 08, 2021
Tolexander:

It is so unreasonably insensitive for that kind of secular registration for different religions to be stationed in a religious place of worship.

Would women with their hair opened be allowed to enter a mosque environment to register if the registration is centered in a mosque?

Why would government officials put such center in a mosque? It is wrong to put such registration center in a place of worship in the first place.

3 Likes

Re: Redeemed Church Stops Muslim Ladies From NIN Registration Over Hijab by Arrewa: 6:03pm On Jan 08, 2021
Ok
Re: Redeemed Church Stops Muslim Ladies From NIN Registration Over Hijab by Biodun556(m): 6:05pm On Jan 08, 2021
Tolexander:

Would women with their hair opened be allowed to enter a mosque environment to register if the registration is centered in a mosque?

The could have lobbied for it

1 Like

Re: Redeemed Church Stops Muslim Ladies From NIN Registration Over Hijab by Samunique(m): 6:08pm On Jan 08, 2021
Tolexander:

Your last question is the real thing !

Will Muslims also allow people to enter their mosques without hijabs, and with shoes on their legs ?

We all know the answer !

They would have done the worst !

Well all the same, let love lead !

20 Likes

Re: Redeemed Church Stops Muslim Ladies From NIN Registration Over Hijab by EzzyCarter: 6:16pm On Jan 08, 2021
“I could have gone to Owode-Obafe LGA but it is far from my house. The only accredited centre in my area is RCCG camp.

“Unfortunately, the church security official prevented me from going in. He asked me to remove my Hijab but I declined. So, I left.”

Aunty, when you're in Rome, you act like a Roman or get the hell out. Nobody forced you to go there in the first place. You could have gone elsewhere. I'm sure that's not the only reg. center in your locality or whole state?

Your complaints would be justified if the scenario changed and the reg centre was sited inside a mosque, would you allow me to bounce in with my Timberlands and baggy shorts on?

Playing the victim card is what y'all do best but you'd do worse if the coin is flipped. And yeah, talking about tolerance, it encompasses respecting the rules and principles of others and not necessarily the flawed picture of tolerance y'all have in your heads smh

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Redeemed Church Stops Muslim Ladies From NIN Registration Over Hijab by EMMY76: 6:16pm On Jan 08, 2021
Let them remove their hijab nah or better still go to other registeration centers. They just want to cause another religious tension in Nigeria soon the muric man will come out barking like a mad dog.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Redeemed Church Stops Muslim Ladies From NIN Registration Over Hijab by Biodun556(m): 6:20pm On Jan 08, 2021
Samunique:
Your last question is the real thing !

Would the Muslims allow people to enter their mosques without hijabs, and with shoes on their legs ?

We all know the answer !

They would have done the worst !

Well all the same, let love leads !

Is the center in the church or within the church premises?

Nigerians will always find way around
balderdash

If such center is established within a mosque premises anybody can come in and register

1 Like

Re: Redeemed Church Stops Muslim Ladies From NIN Registration Over Hijab by StaffofOrayan(m): 6:21pm On Jan 08, 2021
Biodun556
Join Boko Haram!
That seems more effective

11 Likes

Re: Redeemed Church Stops Muslim Ladies From NIN Registration Over Hijab by Nigercity: 6:50pm On Jan 08, 2021
Story
On a normal day
A Christian wouldn't even go inside a mosque premises
Even if you are registering for heaven there.

Don't know why this Muslim won't just stay one place,in there space
Just like a Christan going inside a shrine to register for NIN or whatever

9 Likes

Re: Redeemed Church Stops Muslim Ladies From NIN Registration Over Hijab by Marine54(m): 6:56pm On Jan 08, 2021
Arewa247:
will you equally change those ones in South south and South East to the moques

4 Likes

Re: Redeemed Church Stops Muslim Ladies From NIN Registration Over Hijab by Sammy07: 6:56pm On Jan 08, 2021
Biodun556:
Christianisation agenda.

It insensitive for NIMC to establish a registration center in the premises of a religious organization.

You wan become the Boko Haram to the Yorubas?
Go to the North to practice your intolerance.

Anyways, RCCG should thread with caution.

10 Likes

Re: Redeemed Church Stops Muslim Ladies From NIN Registration Over Hijab by Okoroawusa: 6:57pm On Jan 08, 2021
Historically religion has killed more people than cancer and HIV...

Nonsense and religion...

2 Likes

Re: Redeemed Church Stops Muslim Ladies From NIN Registration Over Hijab by Biodun556(m): 7:51pm On Jan 08, 2021
grin
Re: Redeemed Church Stops Muslim Ladies From NIN Registration Over Hijab by x123xlolls(m): 8:04pm On Jan 08, 2021
Good for them..

We Will Do That Exactly To Them...

We will Block Them...

Any girl without HIJAB 'VEIL' Will be rejected..

But from the bible..

And every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered–it is just as though her head were shaved. 6 If a woman does not cover her head, she should have her hair cut off; and if it is a disgrace for a woman to have her hair cut or shaved off, she should cover her head

Corinthians 11:3-7 – 3

4 Likes

Re: Redeemed Church Stops Muslim Ladies From NIN Registration Over Hijab by TruthHurts1(m): 8:06pm On Jan 08, 2021
Listen to this stupidity! Anyone who is going for biometric capture, wether for Driver's license, international passport, permanent voter's card is supposed to display the natural appearance of their face without any covering or disguise.

Arewa247:

11 Likes

Re: Redeemed Church Stops Muslim Ladies From NIN Registration Over Hijab by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 8:27pm On Jan 08, 2021
Biodun556:
Christianisation agenda.

It is insensitive for NIMC to establish a registration center in the premises of a religious organization.

THE FG/RCCG IS GIVEN 24 HOURS TO MAKE NECESSARY CORRECTIONS

A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE

2 Likes

Re: Redeemed Church Stops Muslim Ladies From NIN Registration Over Hijab by Naajjii: 8:33pm On Jan 08, 2021
DuBLINGreenb:
No.

Everything Haram, haram

Na wa for dem oh
Yes thats very good decision ,if you dont like it go to another country and continue yahoo yahoo and drugs
Re: Redeemed Church Stops Muslim Ladies From NIN Registration Over Hijab by VEXT: 8:33pm On Jan 08, 2021
ALMUSTAQIM:

THE FG/RCCG IS GIVEN 24 HOURS TO MAKE NECESSARY CORRECTIONS

A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE

Go blow ur self up... Bokoharam...
What will you guys do?
Enough of all this stupid threat...

9 Likes

Re: Redeemed Church Stops Muslim Ladies From NIN Registration Over Hijab by talk2hb1(m): 8:58pm On Jan 08, 2021
I can see a lot of Hatred being expressed here,
Wearing Hijab is not a crime nor a sin.
But depriving someone the right to carry out his/her statutory right is wrong.

This is a secular country, why have a registration center in the church in the first place, why did the church allowed it in their premises if they knew they don't want non Christians in their premises.

But considering the fact that their is deadline and denying others the right to register is an act of wickedness.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Redeemed Church Stops Muslim Ladies From NIN Registration Over Hijab by bolaayenimo: 8:59pm On Jan 08, 2021
MURIC is behind this useless news

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Igboland Is LANDLOCKED, STOP ARGUING (proof) / Kalu: Southeast Problem Will Be Solved Politically Not By Issuing Sit-At-Home / Nuhu Ribadu: Nigeria’s Next Obama?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.