Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,912 members, 7,824,822 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

Behind The Veil - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Behind The Veil (936 Views)

The Veil Of Love By Bayo Onuwaje / Poetry : Take Off The Veil And Live / The Feeling Behind The Veil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Behind The Veil by King2019(m): 6:39pm On Jan 08, 2021
This book cannot be copied for any purpose without the permission of the writer

Re: Behind The Veil by King2019(m): 6:42pm On Jan 08, 2021
Prologue
Inspector John and Beatrice his girlfriend came down from the bus in the station, they were about two hours late but they already told Mr Samson John's dad that they would arrive later than the normal time so they expected him to be there already waiting for them.

Mr Samson a retired inspector came out of his car with his wife and daughter looking around for his son who he hoped will come along with a woman this time, he wondered how his son reasoned, how can he keep living alone and expect me not to tell him to get married? He thought

"Dad, Mom" John called out, everyone turned to his direction, the station was a big place but he was quick to pick them out probably because that was the spot they always wait for him everytime he was visiting

Mrs Samson walked to the lady beside her son and hugged her in an almost bear hug without answering her son's greetings.

Everyone walked to Beatrice Mr Samson shaking her hands and his sister hugging her making sure to point out to John that she was more welcomed.

John stood staring at them has they took his girlfriend to the car asking how the journey was and what she would like to eat when they got home.

Mr Samson turned back with a frown to see his son still standing where he left him, he looked at him quizzically,

Why are you still standing there? He asked

"I need help to put the luggages in the car" John replied him

Mr Samson replied him with a long hiss, so you expect us to help you with that when we have a better guest waiting for us?

"But we always do it together dad" John replied him

"Better put those things in the booth yourself if you have any intention of going home" Samson retorted

John smiled amusingly "I didn't know she was the welcomed guest in the house" he muttered to himself as he began the arduous task of putting the luggages in the booth

The funny thing was most of the luggages contained gifts for them, if he could turn the hands of time he would have being wiser.

Samuel wore his shades has he got out of the bus station, he walked to the taxi park and asked for a ride going towards his destination.

Two minutes later, he was negotiating on the fare and also telling the driver it was important so he needed to get there fast.

The driver was at first irritated at the audacious passenger telling him not to take any other passenger but him alone.

But when he promised to pay triple the amount of all the seats including luggages, he didn't hesitate to get in the car after making sure his passenger was seated comfortably.

Samuel knew the driver was going to call an exorbitant price for his service but he didn't mind it at all all he needed was to succeed in his mission and every other thing will fall in place.

Has he exited the bus that brought him to town he smiled excitedly, he had made a lot of research before he settled on this one and this was after so many failed attempts in different areas
"This time will be my last and a success" he muttered to himself.
He walked to a taxi driver and asked him for directions to the nearest hotel in the area.
Re: Behind The Veil by King2019(m): 6:43pm On Jan 08, 2021
The full story is available on okadabooks
https://okadabooks.com/user/Korian
Re: Behind The Veil by King2019(m): 6:45pm On Jan 08, 2021
Khiztarl Dawno2008 Lakesc enirock
Re: Behind The Veil by King2019(m): 3:38pm On Jan 09, 2021
Episode One

John sat quietly in the bedroom sulking, he has been staying in his parents house now two days straight without anyone paying attention to him, everyone was paying attention to Beatrice forgetting that he was the one who brought her home.

He heard the door open and he looked up quickly hoping it was his girlfriend but he sighed when he saw it his father

Where you expecting someone else?

"No dad, I just thought it was Beatrice" he replied him

“But dad…, John spoke, I brought Beatrice here how come you guys are taking care of her more than your son? He asked his dad

"Sorry but you seem to inflate your importance in this house, the moment that woman walked into the bus station I think you ceased to be my son" his dad replied him

What? John asked surprised

"You can lock yourself in for all I care, just give us a child that is all I am asking you for" the older man replied him before walking out of the room

Beatrice walked into her boyfriend's room smiling but when she saw looking blank and gloomy she became concerned,

She rushed to him thinking something had happened while she was busy laughing with his family not knowing the love of her life was gloomy in his room

What is it honey? She asked gently

"You know I didn't know my parents know how to pay attention to guests in the house, I guess you are happy they are treating you well" John mumbled

Common who wouldn't be happy they are being treated by their in-laws like that? She asked him smiling

"Sure keep enjoying yourself while me who took the trouble of bringing you home to be sidelined" he replied her before lying on the bed

Hey, are you jealous? She asked him laughing

She didn't wait for an answer before walking out of the bedroom

John raised his head to answer her question only to see she was already walking out

"Fine, I should enjoy myself as well no need sitting here expecting to be pampered" he thought standing to get dressed.

Samuel was sitting in a darkly lit room not very far from a big abandoned building he saw before entering his new rented home, he needed this place to complete his mission and only one thing came to his mind has he relaxed on the sittee
"Hiding in the open".

He stood before the building he was going to use to achieve his aim, it took him years of careful research and mistakes before he finally settled on this particular location and building.

He walked into the abandoned building towards a place he knew will be there for sure, he opened the door he saw before walking to the false door he knew would be there.

It was no false door, it was a veil door showing map of his target location within the house he smiled has he memorised it carefully before changing the map and putting the map of the town instead.

"Everything must be foolproof" he thought with a smile.
Re: Behind The Veil by King2019(m): 7:27am On Jan 10, 2021
Re: Behind The Veil by King2019(m): 10:21pm On Jan 10, 2021
Episode Two

John and Beatrice were walking around the market trying to pick out where to buy what they needed

"Honey" Beatrice began smiling and batting her eyes
John stared at her for some seconds before looking away smiling,

What is it? He asked trying hard to frown his face a little

"You and I have not been talking lately, don't tell me you are working on a case or you just want to be alone " she replied him looking at his face

Why are you asking me that now and besides why in a public place like this? John asked looking around

"Well we won't have time to do that at your home" she replied him knowing what he would say ,

"Exactly what I am have being saying since I got there, they just don't want me to have time with my own girlfriend" he replied her laying emphasis on the own

Beatrice looked at him laughing

Why are laughing? He asked frowning

"You are always cute when you talk and look like that" she told him before walking on
Samuel saw them before they saw him, he was buying things in the market when he saw them looking around for him.

He knew they were making guesswork of where he was so he just walked past them as best as he could changing his walking style.

The town was a fairly big one so it would take them time before they caught on to where he was staying

He was wearing a hood and a new face skin with a glove and an old type phone in his hands waiting for the right time he was going to use it.

Women were walking past his car but he had not seen his type yet so he was careful not to make mistakes he hoped anyone of them that fell to his hands will understand why he was doing this.
Nneka was walking towards a car parked not so far away when she received a call, after about thirty seconds she turned back towards the direction of the market.

He screamed to himself in frustration when the girl turned back to the market not getting to where he was

"No" he muttered almost to the point of tears "don't leave me waiting" he muttered as he got out of the car

When he remembered what it was going to cost him he changed his mind and sat back down in his car.

He was angry for sure "she does not understand why she needs to follow me" he muttered angrily

He turned his car around and drove out of the market without making himself conspicuous,

The car he was driving was a very common car in the town "everything must remain foolproof" he thought smiling.

While he was driving out Beatrice and John were both coming out of the market, Samuel already wearing a hood to cover most of his face also walked out of the market all of them to different destinations.
Re: Behind The Veil by King2019(m): 10:35pm On Jan 10, 2021
Episode Eight
Seven months later
George: Jersey is in labour and I am standing outside the ward, I am hoping she would be fine since I brought her here early.
"Hello" I heard someone speak to me from behind me, I turned to see a strange man looking closely at me. I looked at my and in-laws who were also anxiously waiting for the doctor in charge of the delivery.
I bowed a little before shaking his outstretched hand, "hello" I replied to his former greeting.
You look like one who has knowledge in science and I will like to chat with you later because I have a lot of things we can discuss on. Meanwhile he pointed at the labor room, "good luck".
Thirty minutes later
George: the doctor was sweating when she came out of the labour room, everyone immediately crowded her and asked on Jersey but she simply smiled at me before speaking.
"I am happy to announce that she had a safe delivery and it is a bouncing baby boy" she said to everyone before motioning to me to come into the ward with her.
I walked into the ward and hugged Jersey before smiling at the sleeping baby, everyone entered the ward smiling and hugging Jersey.
What will be the name of the child? Jersey dad asked
Jersey and I chorused at the same time"Nicolas". As if on cue the child woke up from his peaceful sleep.
Kennedy: I wanted to speak with George in the hospital but I know better than anyone about the importance of finishing the eye project and when Brady called that he had succeeded in creating the link between the eye and the chip I immediately booked the next flight to Alaska.
Brady: "welcome doc" I greeted the doctor happily because I knew he was going to be happy when he saw the breakthrough I had in the eye development.
Kennedy: so how is it and tell me the probability of the eye working with the chip without any bug or adverse effect
Brady: the probability is pretty high but I can't be certain since we don't have a test subject for it and we will need a test subject so we can correct every single defect including non interference of chip with the brain activity.
Kennedy: I can't point to a single person that will willingly accept to be a test subject to this project especially if we can't be sure on the bugs we might encounter.
Brady: check out everything I did and let's wrap it up
Kennedy: I guess that is what will happen.
Re: Behind The Veil by King2019(m): 8:30am On Jan 11, 2021
Prologue
In a farm house in Texas, cars drove in with full headlights so they could have a clear view to the house to be sure they were in the right place.
Everyone of the looked around the building when they got out of the car before being directed to a room where a man was waiting to welcome them,
He was a well known man around so it was not a surprise when he stood up to address them.
Ethan: In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.
Then God said, “Let there be light”; and there was light.
And God saw the light, that it was good; and God divided the light from the darkness.
God called the light Day, and the darkness He called Night. So the evening and the morning were the first day.
After he was done reading from the holy book he spoke, "at the time this was happening there was a balance, a balance that has become distorted over the years by different people and nations but always with the same ultimate result, a strong nation and a weak one".
He looked at everyone in the room before he continued, "we cannot start from the time the Israelites dominated the world or the time of the empires before the British empire, Russian empire and other European empires".

And now in recent times... The man spoke in an ominous tone, "the United States and the security council domination of world affairs".

"Something that should not be, thIs why are now gathered so we can bring that balance that the new world order is lacking and not only that but to use any means available to us to destroy the United Nations Security Council and it powers over weaker nations"

Will it be any different? Someone asked looking at the man with his eyes staring straight at him.

The man continued, "I mean if their powers are removed then other nations will rise to take their place"

"That won't happen Joseph" he replied looking at him evenly

"But it is obvious" Joseph spoke still sceptical of his reasons

"Because we will always be ahead of them in power balance" he replied with a smile.

"Why don't you take your time to think things through before you make any decision" he spoke before entertaining his guests with drinks
Re: Behind The Veil by King2019(m): 5:55pm On Jan 19, 2021
I have been working on a new story for a while that is why I have not been able to post. My last two posts are actually excerpts from the new book

IRIS

https://okadabooks.com/user/Korian

Link to the complete story (Behind the Veil)
Re: Behind The Veil by King2019(m): 5:59pm On Jan 19, 2021
Episode Three

Samuel laughed has he entered his hotel room, he wasn't with anything big enough to make him waste has much as two minutes in the room if he was attacked.

"You will find it more difficult than you think, where others fail is where I succeed" he muttered to himself has he prepared to bath

He didn't use more than three minutes in the bathroom, he rushed out of his room after changing his clothes before walking to the receptionist who was smiling at him.

He thought of a question to ask her so she would be distracted and not stare at him before he noticed a novel on her desk,

Can I read this in my room? He asked the smiling receptionist pointing at the the novel,

The receptionist looked at what he was pointing at and stretched her hands to get it for him Samuel used the time to arrange a listening device under a desk before collecting the novel and thanking her for her kindness.

He had two motives, listening in so whenever they came for him he would be prepared to move and if they brought a scrambler it will make it even more easier.

He walked into his hotel room after collecting the key from the receptionist, he wanted to leave here immediately but he needed to make sure he did not leave any print at all

"They will get suspicious if they trace me here" he muttered

Good thing he was using a skin mask so they would not be able to identify his real face.

"Beatrice, I think we should start planning to go back home" John told his girlfriend

Why? Beatrice asked surprised "we have only been here a day" she told him frowning

"I know that but you need to concentrate on your writing and I am having a bad feeling about this visit" he told his girlfriend looking concerned,

You mean you have being coming here for holidays and I am just visiting for the first time and you already have a bad feeling about it telling me about my writing? She asked incredulously

"I don't mean for you to be upset" John was trying to pacify her but he knew he was not sounding convinced to his own hears.
Re: Behind The Veil by Ann2012(f): 8:45pm On Jan 19, 2021
Interesting
Re: Behind The Veil by King2019(m): 6:14am On Jan 20, 2021
Episode Four

Elizabeth was walking happily home without a care of the world around her and not minding that she was walking towards a car that had the doors open with no occupant in it.

She stopped briefly to check "I am here" she heard a voice from behind before she felt a little pain in her arm which she was trying to cover,

"Ohh sorry I found it strange that no one was in the car and the door was opened" she told him smiling disarmingly

"No problem anyway thanks for checking out" he told her

She thought she felt a little dizzy or maybe she was hallucinating, she tried to walk forward

"You will do just fine my beautiful wife" the man told her before pushing her into his car,

He removed her phone and everything he didn't like from her body threw them into a disposable bag before entering his car to drive her home.

"She is beautiful" he muttered looking down at her has she slept peacefully on the bed in the dark room
Elizabeth stirred from her sleep trying to collect her thoughts, she was having a strange feeling and when she remembered what transpired not long ago she opened her eyes in terror,

She screamed

He was taken aback by her scream but he quickly collect his thoughts and he took the pipe on the floor and hit her with it, hitting her non stop until she stopped screaming.

By the time he was done her breathing was shallow and she was struggling for breath,

He looked at her with teary eyes "please sign this, don't die yet" he told her at the point of tears picking up the pen he had with him

Elizabeth was struggling to breath so she couldn't look at the document he was holding,

When he noticed she was not saying anything he spoke to her soothingly, "it is our marriage certificate so in the eyes of the law we would be legally married"

When she didn't answer he started crying "please don't hate me I am sorry I did this, I promise to throw this away when I am leaving so you will never see it again"

Tears started falling out of Elizabeth eyes she knew she was in trouble and she knew for sure it would take a lot of time before this place would be discovered.

"I shouldn't have done that" he berated himself has he walked to a small compartment to give her drugs she would need to recuperate

John decided to stay few more days especially now Beatrice was angry with him over his suggestion,

"Maybe I am being too restless and possessive" he mumbled

He sighed and sighed again, "I really have a bad feeling about this particular visit but no one will agree with me on it" he thought before laying on his bed to sleep

The last thing he heard was Beatrice laughing from a joke.
Re: Behind The Veil by King2019(m): 6:15am On Jan 20, 2021
Ann2012:
Interesting
Thank you

I hope you enjoy the ride

1 Like

Re: Behind The Veil by King2019(m): 3:16pm On Jan 21, 2021
Episode Five

John woke with a start, he was staring at his girlfriend sleeping peacefully beside him but he thought he heard voices outside the house,

"I can't find my daughter" John heard a woman crying has he got out of his room

"Calm down, maybe she is with her boyfriend" Samson told the grieving mother

"No she went to buy things from the market" she told him still sobbing

How can you tell me I raised my daughter to leave where she was going so she can and visit her boyfriend? She asked Samson who was now frowning

You mean she went to the market? He asked her surprised

He turned to John who was now standing with him "quick let's get to the police station to report this, it is not ordinary at all"

John went in to wear his clothes while his dad got his car keys looking very impatient

Beatrice came out looking alarmed, what is going on?

"I think Elizabeth has been abducted" he replied her forgetting that the mother of the girl was still beside,

When she hearo what he said she started crying again she was hoping nothing had happened to her daughter but she knew deep down it would take a long time to see her daughter again.

Maybe he was daydreaming but Samuel thought he heard a voice not long ago, "it is not possible for them to have trace me here so easily" he thought has he tip toed to the window to check where he heard the noise from,

He shrugged when he saw nothing and he was even grateful the sound woke him up he needed to leave for his hotel so he would be able to run back here if he was discovered.

He saw the man before he could set his sights on him so he was quick to hide from his view his heart beating very fast

He couldn't let his wife be discovered and he didn't want to be discovered too he needed to bring his other wives,

He felt like crying when he saw the man still staring at his direction he could only breath a sigh of relief after he saw him leave the wind[/i]ow.

The police officer greeted the well known retired officer before turning to the crying woman who was with him,

What is the problem? The officer asked looking from John to the woman and then to Samson

"I think her daughter has been kidnapped" Samson told him without mincing words

What is your daughter's name? he asked offering her a seat
"Elizabeth" her mother replied him sniffing

The officer exclaimed calling other officers to go immediately to her boyfriend's house and get him before he escapes.

I hope you have not told anyone yet? He asked her to be sure

"No I have not told anyone" the woman replied trying to be optimistic

"Good if he tries to escape I will have to arrest him as a suspect" Officer Peter told her before walking to his office to call the operation team.

He walked out of his office about three minutes later with a bright smile on his face "he will be in soon, they did not see the girl there but don't worry after we are done with him he will tell us where she is" reassuringlytold her reassuringly

[i]He needed to be careful so his ruse would work perfectly at work, everything must be foolproof was no joke to him so he was carefully guarding his emotions.

Johnson was sitting in a chair in the interrogation room without having any idea why he was brought to the police station in the first place,

Peter walked into the interrogation room with an intimidating look so he will scare Johnson into saying the truth without wasting time.

Where is Elizabeth? He asked immediately he sat down

Johnson was startled how would he explain what was happening between him and Elizabeth so he will not be a suspect if anything had happened to her,

"Officer" he started stammering

What is it tell me now? The officer asked in a loud voice.

"If anything happened to her I think I know who did it" he replied the officer shaking in fear

Who did it?

"Obi has been threatening me to stay away from her for some time now and it has been having a strain on our relationship"

The officer clasped his hands under the desk he stood up with a little demure smile

"Get Obi" he told the corporal who was standing at the door

"Obi left town yesterday sir" the corporal replied him immediately

You mean he left just yesterday? he asked furrowing his brows

"Yes sir" the corporal replied

"Start combing everywhere for the girl for now, I am sure he knows nothing about this" he told the corporal pointing to the interrogation room

"He will be released in twenty four hours anyway, let's make him wait till them".
Re: Behind The Veil by King2019(m): 4:35pm On Jan 21, 2021
Re: Behind The Veil by King2019(m): 7:50am On Jan 22, 2021
Episode Six

Officer Peter thought the police would have found Elizabeth after some hours but all their efforts ended in a deadend,

After telling John's younger sister Joy not to leave the house she started walking to the market.

She was almost halfway there when she saw her boyfriend coming towards her, she immediately tried to hide her face

Where do you think you are going honey? John asked trying to hide his mischievous smile

He started running his fingers from her hair through her face to the neck when he saw she was still not facing him he turned her face sharply to face his

"Everyone is staying at home so the bad occurrence we just experienced will not be repeated again but our superwoman decides she is going to the same place someone was kidnapped"

Let me ask you, are you nuts? He fired at her angrily

"Common honey I thought you were even going to tag along with me but here you are trying to make me look like a fool" she replied him hoping her ruse will work on him

John was having none of it "let's start going back now" he retorted waiting for her to follow him but she seemed adamant,

"Women I can never understand them" he mumbled so she could hear him clearly

"I am tempted to say I cannot understand men but you are always an exemption" giving him a peck

"I want to see the dump around the market that is all" Beatrice looked at his eyes has she spoke to him

John turned to her looking surprised
What for?

"I am just curious okay it might help the story I am thinking of writing" she replied

He was not convinced but since he was with her he does not have any reason to be alarmed.

They were walking slowly past the dump when Beatrice saw what she was looking for, a type of polythene bag she picked it up immediately and felt it.

John was surprised by her actions, did you just use your bear hands to pick dirt? He asked in furrowing his brows

Beatrice opened the bag and he closed his mouth in shock, Elizabeth’s phone and everything she bought from market was in the bag.

How did you know about? He asked her curiously
I studied criminology dear how else or do you think I kidnapped her? She asked smiling at her own joke

"I know you are not someone like that but what do you think is the reason for this bag and
everything in it? he asked her

"It will take more occurrence of these abductions before he is caught, right now he is invisible" she told him with a note of finality

Are you telling me he is still going to do this again? He asked incredulously,

"If he does not do it again, I don't think we will get to see her alive again just hope he does not kill anyone of them"

John hugged his girlfriend, “I knew I was right when I was having a bad feeling about this visit” he thought.

"I can't kill my own woman" he thought has he worked with his friend
What are you thinking about? His friend asked
"Nothing" he replied curtly.

Officer Peter held Elizabeth photograph in his hands, he was feeling terrible, he needed to find her but zero clues on where and how.

He was in deep thought when his phone rang, he didn't hear it at first but when he looked at the bright screen the only bright thing in the dark room, he answered the call immediately.

Hello who is this? he asked immediately

"Hello Peter it is me Samson" Mr Samson replied him

Hello sir hope there is no problem? He asked fearing the worst

"Everything Elizabeth bought in the market is with me right now including her phone"

What do you mean it is with you? He asked hoping he was not the one involved in the abduction,

"Common stop that naughty thinking the kidnapper left it in the dump around the market area and I found it when I went to check the market if I could find clues to where she was" he told the officer finally

Peter was listening quietly "I will be right there sir"

"I am waiting" Samson replied

"Something doesn't add up" he muttered to himself, he never thought about the possibility of the kidnapper leaving evidence

"I thought he was meticulous enough to clean every trace" he mumbled to himself has he drove to Mr Samson's home

Beatrice was waiting for him at the door with the bag, her boyfriend and father-in-law were both standing impatiently waiting for him too,

The moment they saw his car they breathed a sigh of relief and handed it over to him.

Peter collected the bag thanking the retired man for his help before quickly entering his car.

Immediately he entered his car he called the forensics department assistant that he was bringing evidence they needed to nab the criminal.
Re: Behind The Veil by Ann2012(f): 1:12pm On Jan 23, 2021
Thanks for the update
Re: Behind The Veil by King2019(m): 4:03pm On Jan 23, 2021
Episode Seven

Two weeks later,

Blessing was walking down from the bus stop closest to her house when she felt like she was being followed she quickly turn to look around but she was not the only one walking towards her house,

She was frightened, when she was about to continue walking her eyes caught a shadow quickly darting around the building not far from her right.

Her heart was thumping now she turned quickly and she started running to her house, she hit someone just when she was not more than a stone throw from her house.

She breathed a sigh of relief she waited to catch her breath but a strong hand clasped her nose and then her throat, he started pulling her to the forest area but blessing was having none of it,

She stamped his foot with her high heels before she tried bolting away she didn't get far, he grabbed the pipe on the floor and hit her hard on the head she fell down immediately.

When he felt her pulse she was dead he held unto her with his gloved hands and started crying, he couldn't believe he had killed her

"Forgive me" he told the body in between tears when she did not answer he stood up took one of her ear ring, cleaned his shoe prints and walked out of the place he knelt down and started crying again when he heard the scream of the person who had just seen the dead body.
Dr Alex was whistling when he entered the police station he had finished analysing the evidence he got from Peter about two weeks ago and he had every reason to believe Elizabeth was still alive.

The atmosphere he meet in the office was different from the mood he brought from home but he quickly asked the officer that was standing guard at the door

What is the problem? He asked after he signed the entry register

"A woman was found dead and we have reason to believe that the culprits are the same person" the officer replied him

“Don't conclude yet they might be different people with different motives he told the moody officer”

"The forensic officers are waiting for you sir" he told the doctor who quickly turned to the direction of his department.
"From the evidence of two weeks ago and the body from today I have reasons to believe the culprits are different people with different motives" Dr Alex was speaking to the operations team working on the case,

Why do say so? Peter asked

"He kidnapped Elizabeth without any struggle the first time and when it came to Blessing there was signs of struggling"

"I think it is more than enough to say someone else is trying to use the confusion in town to cause havoc" the doctor continued.

Peter looked at the documents carefully before raising his hand

Everyone waited to hear what he had in mind,

"I have reasons to believe they are the same person and the perpetrator is within the vicinity of both the deceased and the abducted"

"The home location of the two girls are not that far from themselves so let us limit the scope of our search to that area for now" Peter finished looking at their faces

"I think I agree with you" one of the team member spoke out before everyone started mumbling their agreement
How the hell? John asked himself sitting under a tree at the front of his house,

How come it is now I am here with Beatrice things like this are happening?.

What is his motive and is the culprit living around that street to target two woman within two weeks?

So many questions without answers, isn't it? Beatrice asked interrupting his train of thought

He looked up to see his girlfriend stretching out an apple to him, he accepted it mumbling his thanks before he noticed that she was dressed for an outing,

Where are you going to? He asked

"To Blessing's house" Beatrice answered shrugging already knowing what he was going to say next,

"Okay you know what I am going to say next but I am interested in going with you this time" he told while standing up.

Beatrice hooked her hands in his arm smiling, are you coming so you can protect me? She asked with a teasing smile

He didn't reply her, he had better not. He was angry she was still not seeing the reason to return home.
Re: Behind The Veil by King2019(m): 4:03pm On Jan 23, 2021
Ann2012:
Thanks for the update

Thanks for reading

New update
Re: Behind The Veil by King2019(m): 6:22am On Feb 27, 2021
The full book is now available on smash words

(1) (Reply)

Five Hundred Naira Airtime For The Correct Answer / IFC Second Annual Essay Competition / Zimbabwe: In The House Of Stone Published On Chicken Bones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.