Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

Is Giving Gifts Compulsory During Valentine? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Giving Gifts Compulsory During Valentine? (1038 Views)

Help! My Marriage Is Giving Me Pain. / My Neighbour's New 17-Year-Old Wife Is Giving Him Headache / Man Discovers His 4 Children Aren't His Via Compulsory DNA Test At US Embassy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Giving Gifts Compulsory During Valentine? by bukatyne(f): 7:23pm On Jan 08, 2021
Happy new year NLers!

February 14 is a day selected worldwide to celebrate love (the version of love defers grin). This celebration is characterized by giving gifts, sex, outings etc.

Everywhere is alive with red (never mind some school opine blue is the colour of love cheesy).

My question:

If we claim to love our partner everyday, why should we celebrate Valentine or give gifts on that day?

That day is not special to them like a birthday or wedding/ relationship anniversary.

P.S.: I am not against or discouraging random gifting between lovers; I am challenging the pressure to celebrate our lovers on Valentine's day.

The traffic and delivery nightmare is crazy!
Re: Is Giving Gifts Compulsory During Valentine? by The5DME(m): 7:32pm On Jan 08, 2021
No! Go get a job.

2 Likes

Re: Is Giving Gifts Compulsory During Valentine? by Kriss216: 7:44pm On Jan 08, 2021
I thought we agreed to postpone this year's Valentine
Re: Is Giving Gifts Compulsory During Valentine? by Olunmercy56(f): 7:45pm On Jan 08, 2021
Yes especially to our loved ones, even if it's token
Re: Is Giving Gifts Compulsory During Valentine? by bukatyne(f): 7:57pm On Jan 08, 2021
The5DME:
No! Go get a job.

Who should get the job
Re: Is Giving Gifts Compulsory During Valentine? by bukatyne(f): 7:58pm On Jan 08, 2021
Kriss216:

wink cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Your girlfriend/wife agreed ?

Why do you want to postpone Vals though?
Re: Is Giving Gifts Compulsory During Valentine? by bukatyne(f): 7:58pm On Jan 08, 2021
Olunmercy56:
Yes especially to our loved ones, even if it's token

Hmmmmm

So on Val's day, you give all your loved ones gifts?
Re: Is Giving Gifts Compulsory During Valentine? by Kriss216: 8:03pm On Jan 08, 2021
bukatyne:

wink cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Your girlfriend/wife agreed ?
Why do you want to postpone Vals though?
A country with Buhari as a president shouldn't be celebrating anything.

2 Likes

Re: Is Giving Gifts Compulsory During Valentine? by bukatyne(f): 8:22pm On Jan 08, 2021
Kriss216:

A country with Buhari as a president shouldn't be celebrating anything.

Hahahahahaha!

When there is life, there is hope.
Re: Is Giving Gifts Compulsory During Valentine? by bjprodint(f): 8:39pm On Jan 08, 2021
valentines day is a day couples have excuse 2 give birth to november babies.Wow!,november babies are valentines gifts men give 2 their lovers. anyway i see valentines day as a normal day,it is not even a public holiday. i have never given or received a valentine gift in my life.
Re: Is Giving Gifts Compulsory During Valentine? by bukatyne(f): 8:43pm On Jan 08, 2021
bjprodint:
valentines day is a day couples have excuse 2 give birth to november babies.Wow!,november babies are valentines gifts men give 2 their lovers. anyway i see valentines day as a normal day,it is not even a public holiday. i have never given or received a valentine gift in my life.

Hahahahahaha @ opportunity to give November babies.

@bold:

Why?
Re: Is Giving Gifts Compulsory During Valentine? by bjprodint(f): 9:02pm On Jan 08, 2021
bukatyne:

Hahahahahaha @ opportunity to give November babies.

@bold:

Why?
November babies plenty wella because some men can afford only sex as valentine gift while others who give material gifts put d gifts in a fancy nylon called sex(packaging gifts with sex).
Re: Is Giving Gifts Compulsory During Valentine? by Angelacruz: 9:41pm On Jan 08, 2021
bukatyne:
Happy new year NLers!

February 14 is a day selected worldwide to celebrate love (the version of love defers grin). This celebration is characterized by giving gifts, sex, outings etc.

Everywhere is alive with red (never mind some school opine blue is the colour of love cheesy).

My question:

If we claim to love our partner everyday, why should we celebrate Valentine or give gifts on that day?

That day is not special to them like a birthday or wedding/ relationship anniversary.

P.S.: I am not against or discouraging random gifting between lovers; I am challenging the pressure to celebrate our lovers on Valentine's day.

The traffic and delivery nightmare is crazy!
No
Re: Is Giving Gifts Compulsory During Valentine? by bukatyne(f): 9:51pm On Jan 08, 2021
Angelacruz:
No

Why?

What are your thoughts?
Re: Is Giving Gifts Compulsory During Valentine? by angelfallz(m): 10:10pm On Jan 08, 2021
The real Valentine's day has been changed. It was never a day for lovers. Hence giving gifts to your lover is not warranted or relevant on 14th February.

Like I said, it was people who just co opted St. Valentine's day and twisted it to their own agenda.
Re: Is Giving Gifts Compulsory During Valentine? by merieam16(f): 11:26pm On Jan 08, 2021
You said valentine is about showing love...so how can u show love without gifts Valentine's day or not.

When love is mentioned gift has to follow.
Even God showed he love us by giving us Jesus

1 Like

Re: Is Giving Gifts Compulsory During Valentine? by oloyedewaris(m): 11:50pm On Jan 08, 2021
I think love should be showed to our loved ones every day and not on a special day

1 Like

Re: Is Giving Gifts Compulsory During Valentine? by Sixfeetbelle: 12:27am On Jan 09, 2021
I think the idea behind giving gifts to a special someone on Valentine's Day, isn't to ignore the fact that you can give it to them any other day, but a compulsory reminder in case you haven't. Due to our busy work schedule and life's tempest, we may forget to adequately show love to those important people in our lives, so a compulsory day of 'showing love' demands/enforces us to show that love. And what better way to show love than to give.

"For God so loved the world that he gave..."

Even God had to depict his love on a designated day/date, so who are we mortals in the scale of things?

1 Like

Re: Is Giving Gifts Compulsory During Valentine? by Kriss216: 6:36am On Jan 09, 2021
Sixfeetbelle:
I think the idea behind giving gifts to a special someone on Valentine's Day, isn't to ignore the fact that you can give it to them any other day, but a compulsory reminder in case you haven't. Due to our busy work schedule and life's tempest, we may forget to adequately show love to those important people in our lives, so a compulsory day of 'showing love' demands/enforces us to show that love. And what better way to show love than to give.

Even God had to depict his love on a designated day/date, so who are we mortals in the scale of things?
One of the few times you’ve made valid points.

Happy new year.
Re: Is Giving Gifts Compulsory During Valentine? by Sixfeetbelle: 1:28pm On Jan 09, 2021
Kriss216:

One of the few times you’ve made valid points.

Happy new year.

angry angry angry

So what are you saying exactly?

Happy new year.
Re: Is Giving Gifts Compulsory During Valentine? by Liposure: 5:28pm On Jan 09, 2021
Sixfeetbelle:

compulsory day as how? When its not xmas or easter, and besides its not as if valentine is widely recognised. Dont get me wrong
Re: Is Giving Gifts Compulsory During Valentine? by Sixfeetbelle: 9:17pm On Jan 09, 2021
Liposure:
compulsory day as how? When its not xmas or easter. Besides its not as if valentine is widely recognised. Dont get me wrong

How many times in a year do you show love to the special ones in your life?
Re: Is Giving Gifts Compulsory During Valentine? by RenaissanceGuy: 10:11pm On Jan 09, 2021
More than 35 days to Valentine's Day and op is already thinking about it and accompanying gifts shocked
Re: Is Giving Gifts Compulsory During Valentine? by Liposure: 6:30am On Jan 10, 2021
Sixfeetbelle:

How many times in a year do you show love to the special ones in your life?
lost count...i'd need an abacus to catch up
Re: Is Giving Gifts Compulsory During Valentine? by JovialJune(f): 8:46am On Feb 01, 2021
Kriss216:

undecided
Re: Is Giving Gifts Compulsory During Valentine? by prince2pac(m): 10:49am On Feb 01, 2021
shocked

Re: Is Giving Gifts Compulsory During Valentine? by Nobody: 4:46am On Feb 13, 2021
oloyedewaris:
I think love should be showed to our loved ones every day and not on a special day
Very true.
Re: Is Giving Gifts Compulsory During Valentine? by Nobody: 6:45am On Feb 13, 2021
Imo, Valentine's Day is only a fabricated festival held to perpetuate belief in the fake concept of 'romantic love' and indoctrinate young ones into the corrupt mindset of sexual license; while driving the ever present goal of consumerism at the same time.
Two birds with one stone.

Men only give gifts in anticipation of sex and broken hymens on that day. Women only give gifts because they are expected to. It's all a farce.

(1) (Reply)

How Old Were You When You Lost Your Father? / What Does The Dark Straight Line On A Pregnant Woman's Stomach Mean? / Is this proper In the Freezer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.