Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,516 members, 7,861,483 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:03 PM

Can Youtube Be Used As An Alternative To Lectures? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can Youtube Be Used As An Alternative To Lectures? (220 Views)

AltSchool Raises $1 Million Pre-Seed To Build An Alternative School For Africans / "Nigerian Scam" Used As A Lecture Topic In An American University: Pics & Video / Paper Used As Report Card By Adamawa Government Primary School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Youtube Be Used As An Alternative To Lectures? by Aflix(m): 7:51pm On Jan 08, 2021
As we all know, ASUU recently called off a long strike of about 8 months. This really affected the academic calendar, as a result most schools would rush through the curriculums of the semester.

I attend Uniben and the Academic calendar released shows that we would be made to complete 2 sessions in a year. Obviously, Students are going to be at the receiving end of the stick as lecturers wouldn't be able to cover the curriculum properly.
As a result of this, I have come up with the plan of learning with YouTube, but I don't know if it's going to be suitable for me to do that. So, I'm seeking for the advise of those that have been through the university system on this.

Lalasticlala, mynd44 pls help me get coverage for this post. embarassed embarassed
Re: Can Youtube Be Used As An Alternative To Lectures? by Deasegun19(m): 9:40pm On Jan 08, 2021
only downside to using youtube is that u won't get d pale wey naija cherish.
youtube be saving my ass.
Re: Can Youtube Be Used As An Alternative To Lectures? by SirWarlock: 10:07pm On Jan 08, 2021
Yes grin. Though I never used it, many of my friends learnt courses like anatomy, biochem over there. It's been hard learning coding there sha sad.
Re: Can Youtube Be Used As An Alternative To Lectures? by Aflix(m): 7:43am On Jan 09, 2021
Deasegun19:
only downside to using youtube is that u won't get d pale wey naija cherish.

youtube be saving my ass.
Lol.....I know that. YouTube helped me alot during this lockdown. But what I don't know is if I can answer exam questions with what I get from YouTube. You know how archaic our curriculum is
Re: Can Youtube Be Used As An Alternative To Lectures? by Deasegun19(m): 8:01am On Jan 09, 2021
Aflix:
Lol.....I know that. YouTube helped me alot during this lockdown. But what I don't know is if I can answer exam questions with what I get from YouTube. You know how archaic our curriculum is

very archaic. use your school curriculum as a guide when searching on youtube, that way you will cover your school work and gain more self.

(1) (Reply)

Oyo Orders 5,000 Newly Recruited Teachers To Resume Duty / 9 Things You Should Never Post On Any Social Media At All / JAMB To Commence Accreditation Of Centres For 2021 UTME After Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.