Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,101 members, 7,814,869 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:25 PM

If Homosexuality Is Really A Sin. . . - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Homosexuality Is Really A Sin. . . (1878 Views)

Homosexuality Is The Most Disgusting Sin To God / self-service Leads To Homosexuality--watchtower / Is Fornication Really A Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: If Homosexuality Is Really A Sin. . . by BashiruB: 8:11pm On Apr 14, 2011
Deep Sight:

Bashiru.

You seem to have placed a lot of emphasis within your write-up on discussing the bible and seeking to prove that the biblical perspective should not be a basis for condemning homo-se.xuality.

I do not place much stock by the bible or any religious book either as infallible canon. Absolutely not. So let us calmly leave the bible aside and ask ourselves a simple question -

Is homose.xuality the intendment of nature, or is it a distortion, an abberation?

All manner of perversions exist. Some men have the hots for squirrels and goats. Can you sincerely tell me what is wrong with such men? Whatever argument you make against bestiality can be defeated by the very same defences you set up for homose.xuality. And yet it is all too apparent to any right thinking person that bestiality is most unnatural.

In the same way, it doesn't take a genius to recognise the mutually complimenting nature of a p/enis and a v/agina. It does not take a genius to see that the rectum is not designed by nature for the purpose to which it is deployed by the homose.xual.

Ying and Yang. Positive and Negative. Right and Left. Up and Down. There is a law of duality inherent in nature. That law of duality is expressed in se.xual creatures as the divideĀ  - male and female. This natural law of duality is what i assert to you as the basis for the obvious fact of the naturalness of heterose.xuality and the very obvious perversity of homose.xuality.

Now this does not mean I seek to denigrate the homose.xual. I do not. I simply state that he is a purveyor of an unnatural tendency.

Please do not be unduly wordy or lengthy in your response. Already the grea length of your last post is very serious cause for concern.

Hello,

Sorry for the length of the last post. I appreciate your candid response on this. Now let me ask you, who decided what is natural? The way it is natural for a straight person to be attracted to the opposite sex, it is equally natural and effortless for a gay person to be attracted to the same sex. That is what natural is- What comes to you effortlessly. And because it is natural for them, that is why so many of them have never in their lives had opposite sex attractions, the same way I'm sure you have never in your life had same sex attractions. Natural is what comes to you naturally. Dont define it by what you have been told by society and religion and leave out what the people that experience it have told us is natural for them. Afterall, will you tell the left-handed person that it is unnatural for him because 90% of us are right-handed? And what about all the animals that are homosexual even in the presence of opposite sex mates? Are they also being unnatural.

As for how they have sex, that is none of our business. Like I said, it has never been solely about sex. It about who they are attracted to in its entirety. If you think that the sexual parts do not fit, then why has it been going on since time immemorial? Why havent they stopped since it doesn't fit. Its because it is not just about sex. If you think its about sex, take a look at this; On average about 50% of homosexual men admit to participating in anal sex while about 45 % of heterosexual couples also admit to participating in anal sex. Anal sex is not the exclusive domain of homosexuals and so dont think we should always be throwing that at them. If a married man and his wife indulge in anal sex (like many do especially as a form of birth control or if the wife is menstrating and all) do we crucify them for sodomy? Because you find it unappealing, doesn't make it unnatural.

And you cant even begin to compare homosexuality to bestiality or pedophilia. What defines any relationship- straight or gay, is that you have two-consenting adults who mutually feel something for each other and decide to carry on; whether it me romantic or physical. Once they are above 18 /16 and they consent, there is nothing wrong with this. An animal cannot consent. And a child cannot consent either because he has not reached the legal age to gain the capacity to make that decision. These are abuses- just as rape of an adult is an abuse.

So please my dear deep sight, There is nothing unnatural about something that comes so naturally to a percentage of the population. Its because they are an invisible minority that we think it is that way. If it was unnatural, it yearnings will not be there in the first place and they will have been lost in evolution over time. So ask yourself, is your definition of 'unnatural' based on biology, religion or society? Most importantly, can you open up your mind to accept that what does not come naturally for you, may come that way for others.

Peace be with you bro.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tithing Truth In A Nutshell - False Prophets Please Read / Did The Yoruba People Forget And Substitute The Name Of God? / Are Men And Women Equal In God's Eyes?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.