Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

Political Power Vs Economic Power: The Twitter-trump Scenario - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Political Power Vs Economic Power: The Twitter-trump Scenario (368 Views)

In Reversal, Biden Maintains US Right To Use Nukes In A First-Strike Scenario / West African Mafia Wants To Keep Political Power / Photos Of Robert Mugabe Meeting With Military Amid Zimbabwe Political Chaos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Political Power Vs Economic Power: The Twitter-trump Scenario by PediakAuthor: 9:21am On Jan 09, 2021
Conventionally, every State is being ruled by two types of powers; the political power and the economic power.

For you to be relevant in the coming era, and for good things to be said about you, as from today, make sure you lay a solid foundation for a competitive platform, either in politics or in business.

Regards,
By Jawolusy
Re: Political Power Vs Economic Power: The Twitter-trump Scenario by Nobody: 9:23am On Jan 09, 2021
Economic power controls political power.

Politicians go to billionaire for donations to run their campaign, the politicians ends up doing the biddings of the billionaires instead of the masses
Re: Political Power Vs Economic Power: The Twitter-trump Scenario by PediakAuthor: 9:25am On Jan 09, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
Economic power controls political power

No... don't be too quick to judge the fact... read the article again...
Re: Political Power Vs Economic Power: The Twitter-trump Scenario by Nobody: 9:27am On Jan 09, 2021
PediakAuthor:

No... don't be too quick to judge the fact... read the article again...

I have. I still go with my opinion.

Billionaires control politics and politicians.

Most of the laws are for their interest of the capitalist
Re: Political Power Vs Economic Power: The Twitter-trump Scenario by PediakAuthor: 9:30am On Jan 09, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

I have. I still go with my opinion.

Billionaires control politics and politicians

But politicians can make laws and policies that can bring down those billionaires...

Government at all levels...
Re: Political Power Vs Economic Power: The Twitter-trump Scenario by Nobody: 9:34am On Jan 09, 2021
PediakAuthor:

But politicians can make laws and policies that can bring down those billionaires...

Government at all levels...

No, the politicians were created by the billionaires.

The laws created by the politicians are for the billionaires.

For instance here in Nigeria, the politicians raise funds from the bankers, then create favorable laws for the bankers, if the politicians goes astray, they starve him of donations and he goes into oblivion
Re: Political Power Vs Economic Power: The Twitter-trump Scenario by xxxXXXxxx: 9:39am On Jan 09, 2021
This is an intellectual write-up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Political Power Vs Economic Power: The Twitter-trump Scenario by PediakAuthor: 9:40am On Jan 09, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

No, the politicians were created by the billionaires.

The laws created by the politicians are for the billionaires.

For instance here in Nigeria, the politicians raise funds from the bankers, then create favorable laws for the bankers, if the politicians goes astray, they starve him of donations and he goes into oblivion

This is exactly my point...
Both are interdependent...
They all have their respective powers...
Re: Political Power Vs Economic Power: The Twitter-trump Scenario by PediakAuthor: 9:45am On Jan 09, 2021
xxxXXXxxx:
This is an intellectual write-up.

Cheers...
Re: Political Power Vs Economic Power: The Twitter-trump Scenario by Nobody: 9:46am On Jan 09, 2021
PediakAuthor:

This is exactly my point...
Both are interdependent...
They all have their respective powers...

Yes, but the bankers have bigger power.

The politicians are just puppets.

Every coup in the history of Nigeria have been sponsored by bankers and billionaires
Re: Political Power Vs Economic Power: The Twitter-trump Scenario by kalu61(m): 9:52am On Jan 09, 2021
I love interlectual discussion.

I will say both powers controls the world from day one. One cannot do without the other. The maffians (economic) controls the politicians. However, political power is still little above economic power when gotten while economic above before power is gotten. Egypt (Economic) was destroyed by Rome (Political).

China(Economic power) has discover that US(political power) cannot be matched, thereby using economic power.

Remember also that China and Russia is both political and Economic power of their own.

Both economic and Political power can be destroyed my the strong will of the people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Political Power Vs Economic Power: The Twitter-trump Scenario by PediakAuthor: 9:56am On Jan 09, 2021
kalu61:

I will say both powers controls the world from day one. However, political power is still little above economic power. Egypt (Economic) was destroyed by Rome (Political).

China(Economic power) has discover that US(political power) cannot be matched, thereby using power.

Remember also that China and Russia is both political and Economic power of their own.

I love your analysis, most especially when you used the Egypt and Rome as an example, however, the point remains the same, both powers are exclusively functional in their own ways... you might have a power and might not know how to put it in place...
Re: Political Power Vs Economic Power: The Twitter-trump Scenario by mysticwarrior(m): 10:40am On Jan 10, 2021
kalu61:

I will say both powers controls the world from day one. One cannot do without the other. The maffians (economic) controls the politicians. However, political power is still little above economic power when gotten while economic above before power is gotten. Egypt (Economic) was destroyed by Rome (Political).

China(Economic power) has discover that US(political power) cannot be matched, thereby using economic power.

Both economic and Political power can be destroyed my the strong will of the people.
political power is supreme, remember Trump already has economic power as an influential billionaire but he still craved for political power.

with political power one can crippled his rival economic power, remember political power controls everything the military( the land, the air and the sea).

2 Likes

Re: Political Power Vs Economic Power: The Twitter-trump Scenario by PediakAuthor: 6:05pm On Jan 10, 2021
mysticwarrior:
political power is supreme, remember Trump already has economic power as an influential billionaire but he still craved for political power.

with political power one can crippled his rival economic power, remember political power controls everything the military( the water, the air and the sea).

You are quite on point...
I love your analytical instincts...

(1) (Reply)

Joe Biden Sworn In As 46th US President / How Taiwan built a semiconductor industry / Origin Of The Palestine-isreal Conflict

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.