Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,401 members, 7,861,133 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:21 AM

What Do U Think About The President's Idea Of A Unity Govt - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Do U Think About The President's Idea Of A Unity Govt (953 Views)

Acn Rejects Unity Govt, Warns Party Members / Pdp Dangles Unity Govt Carrot Before Rivals / Yar’adua Limits Unity Govt To Anpp, Ac, Ppa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do U Think About The President's Idea Of A Unity Govt by applec: 6:00pm On Jul 02, 2007
what do u think about the president's attempt to form a unity govt?
Re: What Do U Think About The President's Idea Of A Unity Govt by Mamajama(m): 9:13pm On Jul 02, 2007
It's a good Idea but not at the expense of holding the opposition to ransom to drop all litigation at federal and local government. that to me is precedence of guilt

We need all the good thinkers in politics to help move this nation forward
Re: What Do U Think About The President's Idea Of A Unity Govt by initiator(m): 9:35pm On Jul 02, 2007
Unity govt is an euphemism for dissolution of the opposition. It is another 'come chop' scheme and the late rabiu afolabi made that known to late chief bola ige in no uncertain terms.

The unfortunate thing's that we have a malnourished opposition who see unity in terms of appointments alone.

Opposition should strive to forge coallitions among themselves, pressurising pdp on electoral reform rather than bootlick the govt in power. Its clear: WE RUNNING A ONE PARTY STATE.
Re: What Do U Think About The President's Idea Of A Unity Govt by Mamajama(m): 9:42pm On Jul 02, 2007
I think that is what is causing all the confusion withing the two camps now. None of this useless people has the interest of the people at heart. instead. they are all lobbying for post and by so doing willing to drop all the litigation.

We will learn more about this administration as time passes.
Re: What Do U Think About The President's Idea Of A Unity Govt by vigasimple(m): 11:13pm On Jul 02, 2007
I think Yar Adua's idea of govt of national unity is simply politics and outmanouvering a useless opposition.

Look, he doesn't have to do it. He 'won' at least 70% of the vote whether or not the election is rigged or not is debatable.

The opposition would lose either in court or Tribunal. If the Judges are minded to even gave the opposition any good looking at all, they as any ratioanle human beings will not see the opposition as any better than yar adua and infact my cause chaos than solve any problem.

I agreed wholeheartdly that electoral reform, good governance and other important issues are what the opposition should be debating and simply refuse to accept any kind of office or financial reward (front back or kickback). Whether or not they have enough discpline and intergrity is another matter.

I am not sure yar Adua is confident in his own ability to appoint good ministers and set out a dynamic vision for Nigeria. If he can he would carry the most important people along(the ordinary masses) and he would have secured his second term just like that barely even starting his first term.

just by way of digression, even though I do not agree with it for so many reasons, OBJ could have got Third term and even fourth Term if he set out a dynamic future and empower the youth, the next generation, he was busy serving the interest of PDP,. Infact OBJ wiould have been returned for third term 90% vote if he has been able to fix Electricity.

People are not stupid, Murtala was in office for 6 months the whole country did not forget him! IT is a question of performance and nothing more

I am begining to get cold feet about Yar adua as it seems he is not prepared for office because if he took him 1 month to deceide on his ministers, let just hope that he has a very good reasons and at the end of the day he chooses God fearing people with wisdom.

At the end of the day I think we need a goverment that will start to re-educate Nigerians especially the youth about new orientation and move away from almight money to service of your nation with pride.

One thing in my own opinion stands out that will turn Nigeria around apart from
'adult education' visionary leadership, it is fighting POVERTY and all it root causes. you can sing and pray with poverty nothing will work. People will steal for fear of the future (insecurity) and greed to save for the raining days.

May God in his infinite mercies be with all of us and our great country Nigeria.
Re: What Do U Think About The President's Idea Of A Unity Govt by Aneef(m): 2:34pm On Jul 03, 2007
Unity govt idea is quite okay so far it will bring good governance but its contrary effect will surely outweigh it,take for instance, the issue of corruption that had started having a set back,some past elective officers have become untouchable simply because of unity govt.
Re: What Do U Think About The President's Idea Of A Unity Govt by Mamajama(m): 2:44pm On Jul 03, 2007
Yep, people like TINUBU will now be minister. Unity is good but not at a condition
Re: What Do U Think About The President's Idea Of A Unity Govt by MILITIA(f): 2:47pm On Jul 03, 2007
With all the over 200 some parties in Nigeria, what is one more? I say bring em on jare! wink
Re: What Do U Think About The President's Idea Of A Unity Govt by xeled(m): 11:48am On Jul 04, 2007
@militia
When did you leave nigeria cos we do not ve 200 parties as you posted rather 50 parties.
and it seems you do not have a grasp of the topic.
no ill feelings though but understand the topic it is on forming a unity government and not another party.

@topic
another gimmick of obasanjo reenacting
thanks
Re: What Do U Think About The President's Idea Of A Unity Govt by angel101(f): 11:59am On Jul 04, 2007
has the man announced his cabinet?
Re: What Do U Think About The President's Idea Of A Unity Govt by McKren(m): 12:06pm On Jul 04, 2007
angel101:

has the man announced his cabinet?

The man should get on with the job or resign if he thinks he does not have enough people's mandate to form a government independent of opposition.
Re: What Do U Think About The President's Idea Of A Unity Govt by angel101(f): 12:20pm On Jul 04, 2007
simple and short. he is bloody wasting the country's time.

(1) (Reply)

What Are Some Of The Things Our Past Presidents Got Right? / If Uwazuruike (massob) Is Involved In Kidnapping, He Should Die, Biafra Or Not / Pdp Mounts Pressure On Mimiko, Orji, Oshiomhole To Defect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.