Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,218 members, 7,818,755 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

Iphone 7plus Fraud Experience - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Iphone 7plus Fraud Experience (1475 Views)

Telco Hack Day: Cyber Fraud Experience Spurs Lady To Be Cybersecurity Profession / Give Away!!! Iphone 7plus, iPhone 7 , Samsung Note 4 / Price Of Iphone 7plus Screen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iphone 7plus Fraud Experience by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jan 09, 2021
I Had a neighbour's iPhone 7+ stolen from me on Xmas Eve.

Neighbour got mad,so i had to find all means, even borrow,to get him another one to have peace of mind.

Met a guy online on Thursday selling a Used iPhone 7+,128gig rom,very clean.though we agreed 120k.

He sounded very honest and matured,not knowing he was fraudulent.

We met on Thursday evening at an agreed place with two of my friends,one is a phone tech but the guy showed up very late in the evening.

After we checked the phone aNd got satisfied,he refused a bank transfer but cash.
That wasn't possible for me because time has gone,it was late already Nd I don't AV d time,so we agreed meeting the next day.

We met at another place close to a bank ATM,though I went alone.

I checked the phone very well again,was still satisfied and i put it in the pack he brought along.

D guy refused releasing phone until I pay o.

No problem,we moved to a closeby ATM machine,with him been a bit away on my right hand side.

Within 3mins of my withdrawing money,dis guy has perfectly swapped the phone with a cloned phone o.

Immedately I finished the withdrawal,he handed d pack with phone over to me.
He didn't even count d money I gave him,maybe I would have brought d phone out again when he was counting to see again and discover his trick but he said he was in a hurry to go back to Ikorodu.

So,I just opened d pack,saw d phone was still well placed inside and i said no problem.

He took a bike immediately.
I didn't bother opening again cos I was still going out.

On getting home,I called my neighbour for his phone.

On bringing out d phone,i immediately had terrible headache seeing what I brought out wasn't what I put in the carton,thgh same colour and neatness.

Nobody needs to be told it's a terrible,cloned phone just by physically viewing it.

My neighbour just hissed,almost leaving until I showed him the receipt.

He didn't even know what to say again.

Phone didn't even power at all.
After much effort,it powered,it didn't even charge.
I left it charging overnight,not upto 15percent at day break.
Within few mins,its back to zero.

120k phone is just thrown away at one corner of the room useless.

Dis is a painful experience from been robbed to been frauded.
Not a good way to start a new year at all.

I may have been a bit careless at d last stage of the deal,but we all have to keep our eyes,brains, attention opened at everytime,minutes or seconds we are having deals with people online,even strangers around.

Not all can be trusted.

D Guys address on d receipt is fake o with other infos.

His Phone is switched off since yesterday evening till present.

God will protect us all o.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Iphone 7plus Fraud Experience by lordchiz(m): 6:55pm On Jan 09, 2021
Sorry bro....
They even use old format for u!
Upgrade Ur sharpness to the latest OS

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iphone 7plus Fraud Experience by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jan 09, 2021
Can we see a picture?

4 Likes

Re: Iphone 7plus Fraud Experience by KrazyDave16(m): 6:57pm On Jan 09, 2021
First off, the person that did this to you, you met him here on NL?
If so drop his username so others don't fall victim for the petty scammer.

Secondly, you were careless. A petty scammer did this to you...
His behavior was a dead giveaway that he was up to no good and you should've insisted on holding the phone while withdrawing the money even after going alone.

4 Likes

Re: Iphone 7plus Fraud Experience by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jan 09, 2021
It wasn't on Nairaland o but other site.

Yes,I knew I was very careless at the end,I just had some trust based on d way we have been relating for the two days.

This guy stood just 1metre away from me on d right at the ATM machine.

I couldnt suspect any foul play of such from him cos we were relating well even while standing together.
Someone stressing everytime on his integrity if I push any question to him.

A guy that begged to be bought d phone from for his financial issues he stressed needed settled urgently o,despite me even getting other sellers.

It's my pity for him dat pushed me anywa to believe him.

So I never pictured such terrible stunt,though its old scam method coming from him.

Anywa,I have learnt my lesson big way,never give little iota of trust to anyone online till deal is transparently sealed.

As advised,sharpness is now on latest ios.
And I believe it's same for us all.

11 Likes

Re: Iphone 7plus Fraud Experience by SirbobbyDgreat: 10:28pm On Jan 09, 2021
Na jiji them do you this work they did same thing to my brother, but I tracked them down with my smart brain. He paid 68k but I ended up collecting 90k from them with the help of two soldiers

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iphone 7plus Fraud Experience by rooftops: 11:24pm On Jan 09, 2021
derojuolumide:
It wasn't on Nairaland o but other site.

Yes,I knew I was very careless at the end,I just had some trust based on d way we have been relating for the two days.

This guy stood just 1metre away from me on d right at the ATM machine.

I couldnt suspect any foul play of such from him cos we were relating well even while standing together.
Someone stressing everytime on his integrity if I push any question to him.

A guy that begged to be bought d phone from for his financial issues he stressed needed settled urgently o,despite me even getting other sellers.

It's my pity for him dat pushed me anywa to believe him.

So I never pictured such terrible stunt,though its old scam method coming from him.

Anywa,I have learnt my lesson big way,never give little iota of trust to anyone online till deal is transparently sealed.

As advised,sharpness is now on latest ios.
And I believe it's same for us all.
...pity?..he told you what you want to hear. A customer always in a haste is bad omen

2 Likes

Re: Iphone 7plus Fraud Experience by wallay77(m): 5:33am On Jan 10, 2021
SirbobbyDgreat:
Na jiji them do you this work they did same thing to my brother, but I tracked them down with my smart brain. He paid 68k but I ended up collecting 90k from them with the help of two soldiers

How were u able to track him...wanna track someone also
Re: Iphone 7plus Fraud Experience by jaxxy(m): 6:08am On Jan 10, 2021
wallay77:

Probably his no or same site. They go Lowkey for some days then come out again to scam more people.
Re: Iphone 7plus Fraud Experience by Drizzy5001(m): 6:31am On Jan 10, 2021
Sorry bro, with the way Nigeria dey now, u no suppose dey trust people anyhow, even if he dey shed crocodile tears. People are bad.

1 Like

Re: Iphone 7plus Fraud Experience by SirbobbyDgreat: 7:47am On Jan 10, 2021
wallay77:

Chat me up 09057518269
Re: Iphone 7plus Fraud Experience by fk001(m): 10:00am On Jan 10, 2021
SirbobbyDgreat:

I don't know why Jijji is stupid enough to allow thieves to drag them to the mud.

The same thing happened to my brother here in Abuja, someone wants to buy his iPhone X on Jiji he met with the guy I don't know how it happened but the guy made fake transfer alert to him. After a day he called the guy that the money didn't reflect, then the guy apologised and said he will wire the money again. Weeks of excuses yet no money.
Lastly na DSS track the phone at GSM village.

3 Likes

Re: Iphone 7plus Fraud Experience by Josephokpala8(m): 1:34pm On Jan 10, 2021
SirbobbyDgreat:

pls how wrer u able to track him. i need to track a thife too

1 Like

Re: Iphone 7plus Fraud Experience by SirbobbyDgreat: 1:42pm On Jan 10, 2021
Josephokpala8:
pls how wrer u able to track him. i need to track a thife too
The process is long just chat me up so I can be sending you voice note.

Me asking you people to chat me up is only for me to be able to ask some questions and send voice notes...would never ask for anything from anybody
Re: Iphone 7plus Fraud Experience by hansomb: 2:00pm On Jan 10, 2021
Repeat the same process of buying the phone maybe coincidence will repeat itself.
Re: Iphone 7plus Fraud Experience by Jesse6(m): 3:43pm On Jan 10, 2021
Please me too i wan learn how to track phone oo
Re: Iphone 7plus Fraud Experience by Josephokpala8(m): 6:55pm On Jan 10, 2021
SirbobbyDgreat:
The process is long just chat me up so I can be sending you voice note.

Me asking you people to chat me up is only for me to be able to ask some questions and send voice notes...would never ask for anything from anybody
okay thanks
Re: Iphone 7plus Fraud Experience by hoyinmide(m): 9:22pm On Jan 10, 2021
If u met him on jiji

You can get him back.
Very easy

Infact jiji or not

If dat site is a market place u can get him back
He is still very much active and he now has anoda number.

Abi na ijaiye side e say make u meet am?
Re: Iphone 7plus Fraud Experience by ccollins(m): 9:28pm On Jan 10, 2021
SirbobbyDgreat:
Chat me up 09057518269
I will chat u up WhatsApp .I also wanna learn
Re: Iphone 7plus Fraud Experience by yeman1(m): 9:57pm On Jan 10, 2021
Chai! Very bad
Re: Iphone 7plus Fraud Experience by ipobarethieves: 4:00am On Jan 11, 2021
U can still catch dat Baztard son of a goat.Allow somebody to play him.if he ask for ur location,till Him Mushin.Just be smart about it.on s day of meeting,hide somewhere with 2 strong guy and ......
derojuolumide:
I Had a neighbour's iPhone 7+ stolen from me on Xmas Eve.

Neighbour got mad,so i had to find all means, even borrow,to get him another one to have peace of mind.

Met a guy online on Thursday selling a Used iPhone 7+,128gig rom,very clean.though we agreed 120k.

He sounded very honest and matured,not knowing he was fraudulent.

We met on Thursday evening at an agreed place with two of my friends,one is a phone tech but the guy showed up very late in the evening.

After we checked the phone aNd got satisfied,he refused a bank transfer but cash.
That wasn't possible for me because time has gone,it was late already Nd I don't AV d time,so we agreed meeting the next day.

We met at another place close to a bank ATM,though I went alone.

I checked the phone very well again,was still satisfied and i put it in the pack he brought along.

D guy refused releasing phone until I pay o.

No problem,we moved to a closeby ATM machine,with him been a bit away on my right hand side.

Within 3mins of my withdrawing money,dis guy has perfectly swapped the phone with a cloned phone o.

Immedately I finished the withdrawal,he handed d pack with phone over to me.
He didn't even count d money I gave him,maybe I would have brought d phone out again when he was counting to see again and discover his trick but he said he was in a hurry to go back to Ikorodu.

So,I just opened d pack,saw d phone was still well placed inside and i said no problem.

He took a bike immediately.
I didn't bother opening again cos I was still going out.

On getting home,I called my neighbour for his phone.

On bringing out d phone,i immediately had terrible headache seeing what I brought out wasn't what I put in the carton,thgh same colour and neatness.

Nobody needs to be told it's a terrible,cloned phone just by physically viewing it.

My neighbour just hissed,almost leaving until I showed him the receipt.

He didn't even know what to say again.

Phone didn't even power at all.
After much effort,it powered,it didn't even charge.
I left it charging overnight,not upto 15percent at day break.
Within few mins,its back to zero.

120k phone is just thrown away at one corner of the room useless.

Dis is a painful experience from been robbed to been frauded.
Not a good way to start a new year at all.

I may have been a bit careless at d last stage of the deal,but we all have to keep our eyes,brains, attention opened at everytime,minutes or seconds we are having deals with people online,even strangers around.

Not all can be trusted.

D Guys address on d receipt is fake o with other infos.

His Phone is switched off since yesterday evening till present.

God will protect us all o.

Re: Iphone 7plus Fraud Experience by seanwilliam(m): 7:35am On Jan 11, 2021
ipobarethieves:
U can still catch dat Baztard son of a goat.Allow somebody to play him.if he ask for ur location,till Him Mushin.Just be smart about it.on s day of meeting,hide somewhere with 2 strong guy and ......
and kill him

(1) (Reply)

Lost Your Sim Card And Unable To Retrieve Your Line / REPORT: MTN Wants To Swallow Up Close South African Rival - Telkom (PIX) / Jumia Discount Code ‼️ Use Code “DCNDINMA” To Get 10% Discount On All Items

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.