Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,825 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

How To Pray With The Bible - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Pray With The Bible (14791 Views)

Visa Seekers Pray With Foreign Flags At RCCG Holy Ghost Congress / Pastor Touching Men's Manhood To Pray For Them (Video) / Muslims Block Road In Victoria Island To Pray, Causing Traffic Jam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Pray With The Bible by AntiChristian: 11:32am On Jan 10, 2021
femi4:
Mk 6:41

Jesus took the five loaves and two fish, looked up toward heaven, and blessed them. Then, breaking the loaves into pieces, he kept giving the bread to the disciples so they could distribute it to the people. He also divided the fish for everyone to share.

Exodus 23:25 - And ye shall serve the LORD your God, and he shall bless thy bread,

Chai! lipsrsealed

How is this related?
Re: How To Pray With The Bible by AntiChristian: 11:33am On Jan 10, 2021
Esanboy111:
do you know who Jesus is? First of all...

First Son of Mary na!
Re: How To Pray With The Bible by Esanboy111(m): 11:42am On Jan 10, 2021
AntiChristian:

First Son of Mary na!
grin what was his purpose of coming to earth?
Re: How To Pray With The Bible by AntiChristian: 11:46am On Jan 10, 2021
Esanboy111:
grin what was his purpose of coming to earth?

He was sent to his people to save them just as Moses was sent to his people to save them from Pharaoh and Noah sent to the believers to save them from the flood.
Re: How To Pray With The Bible by coputa(m): 11:50am On Jan 10, 2021
doggedfighter:
Praying is already a waste of time , adding Bible to it makes it even more nonsensical
why,how and when, support your post with fact and figures.do not follow the blind and fall into a pit
Re: How To Pray With The Bible by mayorofafrika(m): 12:01pm On Jan 10, 2021
Why can't some Nigerians have sense,if you are anti Christ or an unbeliever when you see anything about it avoid it,instead of commenting what is not right try to act mature ,don't forget is not a must you have to save GOD ,face your problem and leave Christians practice what we believe

2 Likes

Re: How To Pray With The Bible by ipobarethieves: 12:05pm On Jan 10, 2021
AntiChristian:
Where did Jesus pray with the Bible in the Bible?
JESUS is the Word.Ur MuhamMAD fellow will see ho
Re: How To Pray With The Bible by KBARBIE(f): 12:08pm On Jan 10, 2021
ipobarethieves:
Give credit to the Author of this, BISHOP DAVID OLANIYI OYEDEPO

Credit should be given to God for the wisdom to write this up and be blessed by it. It's the word of God and she only helped propagating it just like Jesus mandated. I also copied and pasted it cos I was blessed by it and also want others to also be. All honour belongs to God the author and finisher of our faith.
Re: How To Pray With The Bible by AntiChristian: 12:08pm On Jan 10, 2021
ipobarethieves:
JESUS is the Word.Ur MuhamMAD fellow will see ho

Is Jesus the word you're speaking or which word?
Re: How To Pray With The Bible by noble2faith(m): 12:20pm On Jan 10, 2021
SilverNorGold:
Ok.. Or maybe we should pray to that fanatical Christian moderator deleting comments he feels are anti-Christian? The nairaland moderator "working" for Jesus Christ instead of Seun Osewa that employed him?

Why are the Christian mods "working" for Jesus instead of Seun Osewa that employed them?

You Christian hypocrites! Though I am a Christian, I am totally ashamed of you Christians, bunch of hypocrites! Cowards! Extremists! Pharisees and Sadducees! The only difference between Nigerian Christians and the Boko Haram terrorists is that while the BH terrorists are brave, Nigerian Christians are cowards!

Go to the religion section and see how Atheists and Muslims are dealing RUTHLESSLY with them. They can't defend christianity. Go to YouTube and watch how Dr Zakir Naik is battering and dismembering them to pieces! They are helpless!

But you see them trolling Muslims in the Islam section. Their moderators DO NOT tolerate any posts they feel are insulting to the religion.

Seun must, as a matter of urgency, chide those cowards! If they want a debate, they should be MAN ENOUGH!

STOP DELETING DISSENTING OPINIONS, YOU BLOODY COWARDS!

Nigeria must better!

Listen, o ye self-acclaimed Christian! There is nothing Christian about you: from the crown of your hair to the sole of your feet. If at all the Christian mods are misbehaving as you have claimed, there are mild ways of correcting them not using those pejorative words and attacking them verbally. You even went ahead to compare one of the world deadliest terrorists with Christian! Sorry to say this, you are spiritually daft if truly you are a Christian! Even the Muslims reading your comment know you are not in the right frame of mind, be you a Christian or a Muslim.

1 Like

Re: How To Pray With The Bible by Esanboy111(m): 12:23pm On Jan 10, 2021
AntiChristian:

He was sent to his people to save them just as Moses was sent to his people to save them from Pharaoh and Noah sent to the believers to save them from the flood.
excellent. But Moses was sent to delivered some certain part of people but Jesus came to save the world including you. So Jesus might came to the world in human form but he is above human. Study more about Jesus to know more about him. Thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Pray With The Bible by noble2faith(m): 12:25pm On Jan 10, 2021
Esanboy111:
do you know who Jesus is? First of all...

Don't waste your time trying to teach that guy. That's what they have been taught to do, to debate with Christians using the Bible which they don't understand. Teaching him wouldn't make him change his mind, so stop engaging in argy-bargy with him!

2 Likes

Re: How To Pray With The Bible by ICEWIN: 12:36pm On Jan 10, 2021
U mustn't insult him.
His ignorant dats all.
The bible is a storybook to thosn wo dont see beyond it
evans4luv:
u are stupid, how dare u call the word of God a story book, May God have mercy on u
Re: How To Pray With The Bible by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jan 10, 2021
SilverNorGold:
Ok.. Or maybe we should pray to that fanatical Christian moderator deleting comments he feels are anti-Christian? The nairaland moderator "working" for Jesus Christ instead of Seun Osewa that employed him?

Why are the Christian mods "working" for Jesus instead of Seun Osewa that employed them?

You Christian hypocrites! Though I am a Christian, I am totally ashamed of you Christians, bunch of hypocrites! Cowards! Extremists! Pharisees and Sadducees! The only difference between Nigerian Christians and the Boko Haram terrorists is that while the BH terrorists are brave, Nigerian Christians are cowards!

Go to the religion section and see how Atheists and Muslims are dealing RUTHLESSLY with them. They can't defend christianity. Go to YouTube and watch how Dr Zakir Naik is battering and dismembering them to pieces! They are helpless!

But you see them trolling Muslims in the Islam section. Their moderators DO NOT tolerate any posts they feel are insulting to the religion.

Seun must, as a matter of urgency, chide those cowards! If they want a debate, they should be MAN ENOUGH!

STOP DELETING DISSENTING OPINIONS, YOU BLOODY COWARDS!

Nigeria must better!
My friend keep quiet, you are not a Christian. Cry us a river.
Re: How To Pray With The Bible by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jan 10, 2021
thinkmoney:

This God doesn't have a name? The God that likes calling us by name ridiculously appear nameless.
Something for u to ponder on
His name is YAHWEH!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Pray With The Bible by thinkmoney(m): 12:44pm On Jan 10, 2021
Nuttella:
His name is YAHWEH!!!
Beautiful. Then use his name of then. Call him by it. He loves and encourages it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Pray With The Bible by ipobarethieves: 12:57pm On Jan 10, 2021
KBARBIE:

Credit should be given to God for the wisdom to write this up and be blessed by it. It's the word of God and she only helped propagating it just like Jesus mandated. I also copied and pasted it cos I was blessed by it and also want others to also be. All honour belongs to God the author and finisher of our faith.
Wot is dis one saying grin undecided sad? Tell us u lifted it from OYEDEPO book Give credit to him.It is not Ur work . Acknowledge the author.Same way one PST Gbile Akani copy the same entire book,write his name and sell it..Why Not ask God to give U WISDOM to write Ur own

1 Like

Re: How To Pray With The Bible by Esanboy111(m): 1:00pm On Jan 10, 2021
noble2faith:

Don't waste your time trying to teach that guy. That's what they have been taught to do, to debate with Christians using the Bible which they don't understand. Teaching him wouldn't make him change his mind, so stop engaging in argy-bargy with him!
thanks sir

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Pray With The Bible by Ezini(f): 1:01pm On Jan 10, 2021
Inspiring

Best in 2021 topic so far

2 Likes

Re: How To Pray With The Bible by noble2faith(m): 1:10pm On Jan 10, 2021
Esanboy111:
thanks sir

Thank God smiley
Re: How To Pray With The Bible by DEXORANGE: 1:31pm On Jan 10, 2021
[quote author=AntiChristian post=97906978]Where did Jesus pray with the Bible in the Bible?

@ AntiChristian Jesus is the word of God. He didn't need to prayer with the bible(Word). He is the word. However, he did teach us how to pray cos the apostle asked him. The essence of the teaching is to enlighten us on how to approach the FATHER! Now he said..."I am the way". You can't get through to the Father except through Jesus! The word is contained in the bible. The word is Jesus. Do you want to get to the Father? use the word. That is the process.

1 Like

Re: How To Pray With The Bible by Bbass1990(m): 1:59pm On Jan 10, 2021
God has answered my own prayers.

1 Like

Re: How To Pray With The Bible by radec: 2:07pm On Jan 10, 2021
Alexgman1:
I need help, a way out of severe depression & anxiety?

God is your strength my brother. His word says "Be anxious for nothing but in everything make your request known to Him with thanksgiving" ; also He says "cast your burden - depression, social anxiety - on Him for he cares"...He really do care for you. (Matt. 11: 28-30). Talking from experience and trust in the One who loves us deeply...' m still learning to trust Him more and more

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Pray With The Bible by Mamijoh(f): 3:09pm On Jan 10, 2021
JourneytoEL:
The Eternal and Only Good God, we thank you for this day and the life you have given us, may this thread, give glory to your name, enlighten and bring more souls to your kingdom. May the scales that the gods of this world has placed on the eyes of many to blind them fall off as they read, in the Mighty name of Jesus. Amen.
Amen and Amen, in the powerful name of our LORD Jesus Christ.
Re: How To Pray With The Bible by Epiphany2020: 3:15pm On Jan 10, 2021
Remebered when Jesus was tempted after fasting for 30days, He was tempted and in His reply to satan was that IT IS WRITTEN. Jesus was quoting the word which is the Bible to satan. And satan find his way. quote author=Sodiquinone post=97907226]Even the word bible isnt in bible,so why pray with it[/quote]
Re: How To Pray With The Bible by Mamijoh(f): 3:15pm On Jan 10, 2021
Esanboy111:
excellent. But Moses was sent to delivered some certain part of people but Jesus came to save the world including you. So Jesus might came to the world in human form but he is above human. Study more about Jesus to know more about him. Thank you
cool cool cool cool cool cool cool shocked cool cool cool cool
Re: How To Pray With The Bible by ugodson(m): 4:01pm On Jan 10, 2021
Just wanted to say thank you for the write-up. I know this will help me

JourneytoEL:
Many Christians erroneously think praying with the Bible is holding the book and shouting i bind and i cast like they see in movies, no, there is more to it. Demons are not scared of the Bible as a book and their human agents even read it and can quote the verses very well. What scares the devil is your knowledge of the authority of Jesus Christ and how you can use it as revealed in the Bible.

Our God is the King of all kings, when you come before him in prayers, don't come before him nagging, come in a similar way you would approach an earthly king for a request.

How to pray with the Scriptures
Praying with the Bible involves praying with faith on the revelation of the scriptures.

You can follow these steps:
1. Have faith that all scriptures are inspired by God. (2 Tim 3:16).

2. Believe without doubt that heaven and earth will pass but the Word of God will never pass away (Matt 24:35).

3. Praise and thank him. (Phil 4:6-7)

4 Pray for his Kingdom to come and for his will to be done. (Matt 6:10)

5. Then present your petitions with his own Words and promises in the scripture. E.g in the court of law you will say in section 2 of subsection 1 of the constitution, the law says etc. So should you say, Father, you said in Matt 18:18, whatever i bound on earth is bound in heaven, hence i ask of thee...

6. Isaiah 41:21 says, present  your case,” says the LORD. “Bring forth your strong reasons,” says the King of Jacob.

When you go before God in prayers, don't go whining and grumbling rather present your case before God and show him strong reasons in the scriptures, why it should be answered.

Examples of Cases and Strong reasons.

A. If you are newly married and you're having difficulties in financies pray this way,
Father, please grant me favour in my finances( case) remember your Word in Prov 18:22, He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from the LORD.(strong reason)

B. If you are having miscarriages, rebellious children, spousal issues pray this way,
Father, please turn around my situation to be a blessing to me (case) for your Words say in Prov 10: 22: The blessing of the LORD, makes me rich and prosperous, and he adds no sorrow with it. (Strong reason). This marriage/child/pregnancy you have given me will make me prosper and i will never sorrow over it (case) because your Words are Yes and Amen -2 Cor 1:10 (strong reason)

C. If you are a tither and you notice the activity of a devorer in your financies, you can pray, thus:
Father, please rebuke the devourer sitting on my finances (case) for you the Lord of hosts have promised me centuries ago in Mal 3:11, that you will rebuke the devourer for my sake, So that he will not destroy the fruit of my ground, Nor shall the vine fail to bear fruit for me in the field.(Strong reason). And I believe you because you are my God and you do not change-Mal 3:16 ( strong reason).

D. If you're seeking the gift/infilling/touch of the Holy Spirit you can say, Father, i seek earnestly for your free gift of the Holy Spirit(case) for you have told me in Luke 11:23,
If we then, though we are evil, know how to give good gifts to our children, how much more will my Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!"(Strong reason).

E. In times of pandemic like Covid-19, you can say, Father, please protect I and my family from this disease (case) for your Words say in Psalm 91: 5-6, I will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day, nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness, nor the plague that destroys at midday.(Strong reason).

F. For general requests.
Father please grant me this request (case) for your words say in John 15:7,
That if I abide in You, and Your words abide in me, I should ask whatever i wish, and it will be done for me.(Strong reason).

Good examples of people who used this method include Hezekiah who was saved from death when he presented his strong reason(2 Kings 20), Hannah used the let Your Kingdom come and let Your Will done scriptures even centuries before Jesus made in public as her strong reason( 1 Sam 1), The widow of Zarephath who lost her only son, got him back alive through the blessings of the Lord makes me prosper and adds no sorrow as her strong reason(1 Kings 17:17-24). Dorcas was raised back to life on the account of her generosity and alms giving as a strong reason( Acts 9:36-43).

P.s Praying with the scriptures works best for those who have given their life to Christ and by his Grace have died to the power of sin. If you're yet to be born again, please do so with utmost effect and enjoy the blessings in praying with the scriptures.

Re: How To Pray With The Bible by Juliusmomoh: 4:11pm On Jan 10, 2021
ShackWes:
stop praying with a story book
U no well
Re: How To Pray With The Bible by JourneytoEL(f): 4:22pm On Jan 10, 2021
ugodson:
Just wanted to say thank you for the write-up. I know this will help me

I thank God. I'm happy it will help you
Re: How To Pray With The Bible by AntiChristian: 4:25pm On Jan 10, 2021
[quote author=DEXORANGE post=97914622][/quote]

Did Jesus ever call himself the word?

And when you say Jesus is the word what does it mean? Is it that whenever the father talks Jesus comes out? Or the father is incapable of talking without the son?
When Jesus was about to be baptized a voice said " This is my beloved son in whom I'm well please." So Jesus was talking to himself right?

Is this voice another Jesus too?
Re: How To Pray With The Bible by Emeka71(m): 4:32pm On Jan 10, 2021
JourneytoEL:
The Eternal and Only Good God, we thank you for this day and the life you have given us, may this thread, give glory to your name, enlighten and bring more souls to your kingdom. May the scales that the gods of this world has placed on the eyes of many to blind them fall off as they read, in the Mighty name of Jesus. Amen.
My boss taught us to pray with the scriptures.
Re: How To Pray With The Bible by JourneytoEL(f): 4:33pm On Jan 10, 2021
thinkmoney:

This God doesn't have a name? The God that likes calling us by name ridiculously appear nameless.
Something for u to ponder on
I enjoy communing with God using his titles, although I also use his name seldomly. Same way, i always call my biological father, daddy if i want to communicate with him instead of calling his name. But we learn everyday, if you can show me just one verse of Bible where someone was praying and called God by his name, then i will make my adjustments.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Prophet Jeremiah Omoto Fufeyin‎ Celebrates His 47th Birthday Today / Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? / Patron Saints Of Christendom or Pagan Saints Of Rome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.