Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,591 members, 7,809,145 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:15 AM

Help! Is Anyone Studying In Brazil? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Help! Is Anyone Studying In Brazil? (1009 Views)

Anyone Studying In Slovakia? / Is Anyone Studying In Mexico?how Is Study Life And Post Study Optionss / Huge Anaconda Crossing A Road In Brazil, Stopped Traffic (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! Is Anyone Studying In Brazil? by YungLasaint(m): 1:12pm On Jan 10, 2021
Hello Nairalanders, I have been making some research about Brazil study thread but it seems like no one has written anything yet.

I learnt that Brazil offers free education for international students as far as you can speak portugués.

I went on Google to do some research but dudjt really get much info. Like what's required of me, the estimated budget I should have for feeding and accommodation.

Will I need a proof of funds?
How long does the process takes?

The thread is also open to aspiring students who would love to study in Brazil, University of São Paulo.

Your honest contributions are welcome.

Note: I want to go for an undergraduate program in computer science, can I school and be working part-time either online or offline?
Re: Help! Is Anyone Studying In Brazil? by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:35pm On Jan 10, 2021
You won't see anything about Brazil till you send a mail to the university. university of Sao Paolo has a website. Send emails to the email addresses on the website and you would get the information you want.

For an undergraduate degree in computer science honestly it's best you just do it in Nigeria. University of Sao Paolo is the best university in Brazil and the most competitive to get into. Students take an exam called the vistabular and the best highest scoring students are admitted. This exam is written in Portuguese and it's not waved for anybody. There's no alternatives for foreigners.

Finish up your university here in Nigeria and apply for a masters degree at the university of Sao Paolo. The only way you would get in for an undergraduate degree in that school is to travel to Brazil and redo the last 3 years of secondary school again and pick up Portugese on the side.

5 Likes

Re: Help! Is Anyone Studying In Brazil? by YungLasaint(m): 11:04pm On Jan 10, 2021
Okay man, thanks for the information.

What if I go they for a language program won't it be more easy to apply after which I have learnt the language?

I can still apply to other schools but in the meantime I will send a message to the school.

I really appreciate you.

tensazangetsu20:
You won't see anything about Brazil till you send a mail to the university. university of Sao Paolo has a website. Send emails to the email addresses on the website and you would get the information you want.

For an undergraduate degree in computer science honestly it's best you just do it in Nigeria. University of Sao Paolo is the best university in Brazil and the most competitive to get into. Students take an exam called the vistabular and the best highest scoring students are admitted. This exam is written in Portuguese and it's not waved for anybody. There's no alternatives for foreigners.

Finish up your university here in Nigeria and apply for a masters degree at the university of Sao Paolo. The only way you would get in for an undergraduate degree in that school is to travel to Brazil and redo the last 3 years of secondary school again and pick up Portugese on the side.
Re: Help! Is Anyone Studying In Brazil? by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:17pm On Jan 10, 2021
YungLasaint:
Okay man, thanks for the information.

What if I go they for a language program won't it be more easy to apply after which I have learnt the language?

I can still apply to other schools but in the meantime I will send a message to the school.

I really appreciate you.

A language school is also another option but the vestibular has Portugese literature and Portugese grammar amongst the subjects you will take. It's compulsory. Well you can learn that in Brazil.
Re: Help! Is Anyone Studying In Brazil? by YungLasaint(m): 11:02pm On Jan 11, 2021
Okay I will go for the language course then I will learn the portugués literature and grammar.

Your suggestions are great and I appreciate � � �

tensazangetsu20:

A language school is also another option but the vestibular has Portugese literature and Portugese grammar amongst the subjects you will take. It's compulsory. Well you can learn that in Brazil.

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Get A Lesotho Visa From Nigeria? / Advice For IT & Engineering Professionals / Anyone From Ghana And Kenyan Or Any Other African Countries Here?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.