Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,832 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

New Account Appears On Twitter Using Trump’s Pseudonym Of 1980s - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / New Account Appears On Twitter Using Trump’s Pseudonym Of 1980s (273 Views)

Moscow Terrorist Appears In Court On A Stretcher After "Interrogation" (Pix,Vid) / President Biden Appears To Fall Asleep During COP26 Summit In U.K (Pics, Video) / Whale Appears At The Shores Of A Beach In Sierra Leone (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Account Appears On Twitter Using Trump’s Pseudonym Of 1980s by Shehuyinka: 1:22pm On Jan 10, 2021
HOURS after Donald Trump’s Twitter ban, a new satire account has sprung up using the outgoing US president’s pseudonym of 1980s.

Trump used ‘John Barron’ as a pseudonym in the 1980s, according to Wikipedia.

An unknown man created a ‘John Barron’ account on Twitter 17 hours ago using Trump’s profile picture and a fake moustache. The account garnered 349,400 followers within hours, with the first post amassing 262,100 re-tweets, 1.7 million likes and 36,100 quotes within six hours.

The account has only five followers: Trump’s wife, Melania; his daughter, Ivanka; his son, Eric; Donald Trump Jr; and Rudy Guiliani, former New York mayor and Trump’s die-hard associate.

When the account tweeted its first post, “Hello I am brand new to Twitter. What are you guys up to,” several users alluded that the account must have been created by the U.S. President.

“I think this is the real Trump,” a Twitter user @OgheneNerojr said.

A Twitter user with the handle @atlas2112 replied that “I will be surprised if he does not create a new account with Putin. At this point he is one step away fron just admitting it all.”

Another Twitter user @CaroleCarole012, wrote, “New to Twitter? How did you get over 30k followers? And why are the only people you follow named Trump? I think you need to go elsewhere.”

However, some Twitter users believed it was a fake account.

“This was by far the simplest, purest, honest, and genuine light of comedy in a dark time. Haha awesome job,” tweeted a Twitter user @SlaceofSpades.

Candice Wilson with the handle @RushBluOcVoBeat said, “You know what is funny? There are MAGAS retweeting this…I guess it is funny to them. Do they know that this is satire?”

The account holder had made seven posts as of 7.45pm, describing his location as “Not the White House.”

READ MORE: https://www.icirnigeria.org/new-account-appears-on-twitter-using-trumps-pseudonym-of-1980s/

Re: New Account Appears On Twitter Using Trump’s Pseudonym Of 1980s by Chicagoesontop: 1:29pm On Jan 10, 2021
Ok
Re: New Account Appears On Twitter Using Trump’s Pseudonym Of 1980s by flamingREED(m): 3:41pm On Jan 10, 2021
grin grin
Re: New Account Appears On Twitter Using Trump’s Pseudonym Of 1980s by LibertyRep: 4:33pm On Jan 10, 2021
Trump has his cult of followers or MAGAs.

Except he's jailed after office, the man will continue to be influential both in America and beyond.

(1) (Reply)

India Is Shocked! A Huge Stream Of Water Destroys A Village( Vid) / Afghanistan: Facebook Confirms Ban Of Taliban-related Content / Guineans Celebrate As Soldiers Seize Power (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.