Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,545 members, 7,955,020 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:33 PM

Amaechi: $5.3 Billion Chinese Loan Delaying Ibadan-Kano Railway Construction - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi: $5.3 Billion Chinese Loan Delaying Ibadan-Kano Railway Construction (13155 Views)

FG Awaits $5.3 Billion Chinese Loan For Ibadan-kano Rail Line / FG Commences Ibadan-Kano Railway Project (Photos) / Amaechi, Gbemi Saraki Inspects Ongoing Lagos- Ibadan Modern Railway Construction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amaechi: $5.3 Billion Chinese Loan Delaying Ibadan-Kano Railway Construction by Aconomist: 9:29pm On Jan 10, 2021
IgboWarlord:

Am done weeping bro..Now,am all about working my ass off to be able to get the resources to enable me migrate out of this deadzone..Peace

I wish you the best of luck brother. Not a day goes by where I am not thankful to live abroad. Nigeria will extinguish your life.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: $5.3 Billion Chinese Loan Delaying Ibadan-Kano Railway Construction by chukemmang(m): 9:32pm On Jan 10, 2021
adenigga:

Amen o!
We are........

see the empty head as him do face for the picture.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: $5.3 Billion Chinese Loan Delaying Ibadan-Kano Railway Construction by AnthonyAk(m): 9:32pm On Jan 10, 2021
Aconomist:
The only thing rich Nigerians know how to do is building big stupid houses. Monkey PePu.

I made a similar comment on Twitter and they are still dragging me....lol.
Re: Amaechi: $5.3 Billion Chinese Loan Delaying Ibadan-Kano Railway Construction by sulaak(m): 9:38pm On Jan 10, 2021
Aconomist:
If they construct Port Harcourt to Maiduguri before constructing Calabar to Lagos, we need a second civil war in this country. These rails are just subsidizing the north, they don't benefit the south.

The Calabar to Lagos is not a priority. We can use shipping and road to move goods between the East and West.

Lagos -Ibadan - Kano
Port Harcourt - Enugu- Maiduguri
Re: Amaechi: $5.3 Billion Chinese Loan Delaying Ibadan-Kano Railway Construction by zoedew: 9:38pm On Jan 10, 2021
chiemmanuel:
the only winner here is China
Nothing goes for nothing. Nigeria has the railway lines and the coaches. What Nigeria makes of that largely determines who he winner really is.
Re: Amaechi: $5.3 Billion Chinese Loan Delaying Ibadan-Kano Railway Construction by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jan 10, 2021
Nigerians will end up paying debt and interests for the next 200 years to come.. grin grin their unborn children are already in debt of billions of dollars. Nigeria is in debt with England, China, france and even America already. The most stupid thing is, these borrowed monies are being looted by Nigerian politicians and being dumped in these foreign countries banks, and these countries are confiscating the monies and spending them on their countries citizens and developing their countries. The same countries who lent Nigeria the monies. grin Africa/nigeria was designed to be ruled, used and abused by developed european countries and America. Now even China has joined in the recolonisation of Africa/Nigeria. grin

Nigeria is doomed. There are alot of mineral resources in Nigeria but all of them have being given away through borrowing, The chinese can dig and mine resources anywere they want in Nigeria, that is if they have not started digging and minning already.
Re: Amaechi: $5.3 Billion Chinese Loan Delaying Ibadan-Kano Railway Construction by chiemmanuel(m): 10:29pm On Jan 10, 2021
zoedew:

Nothing goes for nothing. Nigeria has the railway lines and the coaches. What Nigeria makes of that largely determines who he winner really is.
let's watch and see
Re: Amaechi: $5.3 Billion Chinese Loan Delaying Ibadan-Kano Railway Construction by Pimpstar: 12:12am On Jan 11, 2021
shey u wan collect money wey u lend dem ni or u wan borrow from dem.. cos I'm not understanding oo
Re: Amaechi: $5.3 Billion Chinese Loan Delaying Ibadan-Kano Railway Construction by realstars: 12:39am On Jan 11, 2021
obailala:
Yes very well.
I Dont Overstand It, When Blame Game Was The Firs Tearm Agender, Then The 2nd Tearm Is Next Level Of Insecurity,?
Re: Amaechi: $5.3 Billion Chinese Loan Delaying Ibadan-Kano Railway Construction by Litmus: 1:19am On Jan 11, 2021
Re: Amaechi: $5.3 Billion Chinese Loan Delaying Ibadan-Kano Railway Construction by OyinO: 1:31am On Jan 11, 2021
Bad leaders will excel excellently when good followers refuse to act.
Re: Amaechi: $5.3 Billion Chinese Loan Delaying Ibadan-Kano Railway Construction by obailala(m): 1:54am On Jan 11, 2021
realstars:
I Dont Overstand It, When Blame Game Was The Firs Tearm Agender, Then The 2nd Tearm Is Next Level Of Insecurity,?
I'm not sure I understand what you've written here; maybe you might want to check autocorrect function in your phone. What's the connection between "level of insecurity" and what I wrote earlier?

Also, whats the link between 'blame game' and what I said earlier? Someone said ApC wants to sell Nigeria to China; I pointed out a flaw in that statement being that more than half of the money Nigeria currently owes China today was borrowed under PDP, so it doesnt exactly make sense politicising the issue along apc vs pdp lines cos both are guilty.. Is that what you call blame game?

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: $5.3 Billion Chinese Loan Delaying Ibadan-Kano Railway Construction by obailala(m): 1:59am On Jan 11, 2021
sulaak:

The Calabar to Lagos is not a priority. We can use shipping and road to move goods between the East and West.

Lagos -Ibadan - Kano
Port Harcourt - Enugu- Maiduguri
Why exactly do you think it's okay to move things between east-west by road, but it's not okay to move things between north-south by road?
Re: Amaechi: $5.3 Billion Chinese Loan Delaying Ibadan-Kano Railway Construction by ceaser: 2:01am On Jan 11, 2021
I sincerely hope the Chines will not give them money again, at least for now. Not until things are looking up for the government economy-wise. Or till when they decide to cut loose their excesses and overbloated emoluments - both the legislature and the executives I mean.

If not, what they'll do is collect the money, construct a sunatandard rail to Niger republic, swallow the remaining dollars and hoard them against 2023 elections.
Re: Amaechi: $5.3 Billion Chinese Loan Delaying Ibadan-Kano Railway Construction by obailala(m): 2:13am On Jan 11, 2021
ceaser:
I sincerely hope the Chines will not give them money again, at least for now. Not until things are looking up for the government economy-wise. Or till when they decide to cut loose their excesses and overbloated emoluments - both the legislature and the executives I mean.

If not, what they'll do is collect the money, construct a sunatandard rail to Niger republic, swallow the remaining dollars and hoard them against 2023 elections.
China does not give cash loans; it's strange that a lot of people commenting here arent aware of this...

China builds the infrastructure and you pay them back with cash, so how exactly do the politicians get hold of the loan money to steal if china doesnt give cash?...

Chinese loans are the safest loans past and present Nigerian governments have taken cos we get to actually see the completed infrastructure; our filthy politicians cant steal the money.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: $5.3 Billion Chinese Loan Delaying Ibadan-Kano Railway Construction by tempest01(m): 4:25am On Jan 11, 2021
China gives you loan, china brings in their "expats", equipment, technology, resources to build the railways thereby retaining a bulk of the funds in its country to its citizens. China enters a service agreement, taking more money. You still owe china the loan with interest. If you default they take over the operation and the inflow from the asset or any other asset they deem fit. Who gains and who loses?

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: $5.3 Billion Chinese Loan Delaying Ibadan-Kano Railway Construction by Latvin: 7:42am On Jan 11, 2021
Litmus:

Financial Times

African debt to China: League Table
https://ibb.co/x1xDWzX

https://www.ft.com/content/bd73a115-1988-43aa-8b2b-40a449da1235

People just complain without looking at the data. Look at that league table in that link and see that we are not that exposed to China as many people think.

And yes, more than half of existing Chinese loans were taken by the previous govt
Re: Amaechi: $5.3 Billion Chinese Loan Delaying Ibadan-Kano Railway Construction by Latvin: 7:45am On Jan 11, 2021
obailala:
China does not give cash loans; it's strange that a lot of people commenting here arent aware of this...

China builds the infrastructure and you pay them back with cash, so how exactly do the politicians get hold of the loan money to steal if china doesnt give cash?...

Chinese loans are the safest loans past and present Nigerian governments have taken cos we get to actually see the completed infrastructure; our filthy politicians cant steal the money.

You are quite right.
That pattern of channeling the loan directly to infrastructure is the hallmark of this govt as can be seen in many other infrastructure deals and loans from other creditors. This ensures loan diversion and corrupt embezzlement is checkmated
Re: Amaechi: $5.3 Billion Chinese Loan Delaying Ibadan-Kano Railway Construction by Latvin: 7:49am On Jan 11, 2021
obailala:
Why exactly do you think it's okay to move things between east-west by road, but it's not okay to move things between north-south by road?

It is not ideal to move goods from West to East via roads but there is at least the option to move them via shipping. There are ports in Warri, PortHarcourt, Calabar and Onitsha.

So if I were to prioritise, those considerations will weigh heavily on my choice. However the coastal rail will still be built

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi: $5.3 Billion Chinese Loan Delaying Ibadan-Kano Railway Construction by showafrica(m): 1:16pm On Jan 11, 2021
Korllami007:
Dem wan use $5.3 billion do kano to ibadan railway. grin

Longest bridge in the world cost $1.5 billion, 500 billion naira to build.
2nd niger bridge cost $1 billion, 400 billion naira to build and it's not among top 50 longest bridge in the world.

Like someone said, the same amount Dubai is using to build infrastructures is almost the same with what Nigeria government is using to build infrastructures in Nigeria, but we can't compare both.

Corruption don kill this country.

Greedy illiterate fellows ruling Nigeria... Bc Nigeria is no mans land. No sense of belonging, loot the much you can and run away, thats the way of life here. If a Nigeria wants development, he should divide along ethnic lines, let the competition begin. Igbos will be ashamed of herself if South west turns to Norway and North turns to Dubai after seperation. At least , it will be clear who is holding who back wards.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tension As PDP Shifts NEC Meeting / Naira Crisis Has Brought Hunger And Anger - Sultan Of Sokoto / Al-mustapha Didn't Kill Kudirat - Fasehun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.