Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,181 members, 7,815,137 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:01 AM

Help! What Does This Truecaller Result Mean? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Help! What Does This Truecaller Result Mean? (1047 Views)

Eight People Die In Enugu As A Result Of Generator Fumes (Disturbing Photos) / Autopsy Result Of Keleche Ineke (Graphic Photos) / Man Dies As A Result Of SARS Brutality (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! What Does This Truecaller Result Mean? by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jan 10, 2021
I'll try to brief.

Around last year September/October, my dad was trying to withdraw his savings at Crusader Pensions. He's asked to submit his details, including his BVN, Valid Identification Cards, which are the normal requirements.

According to him, shortly after he submitted them a number called him and requested for an OTP sent to his phone, the caller claimed it's also one of the requirements to make the withdrawal. Unfortunately, he gave the OTP out.

His pension got paid truly, he used some of the money but, he reserved 70, 000 in the account. The whole money left in the account was wiped by an unknown person shockingly.

My dad reported to his bank, he uses UBA, research showed the man who called him used the OTP to activate the UBA Mobile app through which he successfully gained access to the money. My dad has been going to the bank for months now trying to get his money back, they keep tossing him around.

The last time he went he was told nothing can be done because, he gave out the OTP. So, the money is gone! Gone! The money he worked for for several years!

A banker in UBA even told him according to CBN rules, anybody who releases an OTP to a scammer out can't be helped to recover his/her money. How true is this?

I ran the scammer's number through the truecaller app and it brought "BANKING" as the registered name. Screenshot below..
What does it mean?
Re: Help! What Does This Truecaller Result Mean? by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jan 10, 2021
The screenshot
I wonder how a number would be registered as "Banking".
Re: Help! What Does This Truecaller Result Mean? by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jan 10, 2021
The screenshot

I wonder how a number would be registered as "Banking".
Re: Help! What Does This Truecaller Result Mean? by Oblongata: 6:07pm On Jan 10, 2021
I feel for you my brother, it is rather unfortunate..nothing can be done.

Truecaller is permission based, and any name saved as a number will usually come up, does not mean verified.

Please tell your pop man to forget about these people, so that this issue wouldn’t affect his health.

Please move on
Re: Help! What Does This Truecaller Result Mean? by dawnomike(m): 6:07pm On Jan 10, 2021
Felix180:
I'll try to brief.

Around last year September/October, my dad was trying to withdraw his savings at Crusader Pensions. He's asked to submit his details, including his BVN, Valid Identification Cards, which are the normal requirements.

According to him, shortly after he submitted them a number called him and requested for an OTP sent to his phone, the caller claimed it's also one of the requirements to make the withdrawal. Unfortunately, he gave the OTP out.

His pension got paid truly, he used some of the money but, he reserved 70, 000 in the account. The whole money left in the account was wiped by an unknown person shockingly.

My dad reported to his bank, he uses UBA, research showed the man who called him used the OTP to activate the UBA Mobile app through which he successfully gained access to the money. My dad has been going to the bank for months now trying to get his money back, they keep tossing him around.

The last time he went he was told nothing can be done because, he gave out the OTP. So, the money is gone! Gone! The money he worked for for several years!

A banker in UBA even told him according to CBN rules, anybody who releases an OTP to a scammer out can't be helped to recover his/her money. How true is this?

I ran the scammer's number through the truecaller app and it brought "BANKING" as the registered name. Screenshot below..
What does it mean?
He saved his name on truecaller as banking to defraud people
Re: Help! What Does This Truecaller Result Mean? by foreverme1225: 6:08pm On Jan 10, 2021
This kind of issue should be given serious attention, in more advanced countries, they won't stop until they get to the root of it. But here nobody cares about the poor masses
Re: Help! What Does This Truecaller Result Mean? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jan 10, 2021
dawnomike:
He saved his name on truecaller as banking to defraud people

buy, how's that possible, he registered the number as "banking"?
Re: Help! What Does This Truecaller Result Mean? by Oblongata: 6:25pm On Jan 10, 2021
Felix180:

buy, how's that possible, he registered the number as "banking"?
Truecaller searches for the name which is being stored as that number and it uses proxy. If I saved your number as ‘scammer’, anyone that is close to my location will see the name ‘scammer’ on Truecaller. As the name was saved as ‘banking’, By another user, naturally ‘Banking’ will come up on Truecaller.

2 Likes

Re: Help! What Does This Truecaller Result Mean? by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jan 10, 2021
Oblongata:
Truecaller searches for the name which is being stored as that number and it uses proxy. If I saved your number as ‘scammer’, anyone that is close to my location will see the name ‘scammer’ on Truecaller. As the name was saved as ‘banking’, By another user, naturally ‘Banking’ will come up on Truecaller.

Hmmmmm
but, why will someone else save the number as banking, if the number isn't meant for a bank?
Re: Help! What Does This Truecaller Result Mean? by Oblongata: 6:40pm On Jan 10, 2021
Felix180:

Hmmmmm
but, why will someone else save the number as banking, if the number isn't meant for a bank?

The scammer saved the number as ‘banking’ on another phone to deceive people, Isn’t that obvious?

1 Like

Re: Help! What Does This Truecaller Result Mean? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jan 10, 2021
An official in crusader pension is responsible for the criminal act.He took advantage of your dad's age and ignorance to asked for his otp in other to defraud him.Ask your dad to take you to the crusader pension office and show you the staff who did his documentation for questioning.
Re: Help! What Does This Truecaller Result Mean? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jan 10, 2021
Oblongata:
The scammer saved the number as ‘banking’ on another phone to deceive people, Isn’t that obvious?

oh..
it's now making sense
Re: Help! What Does This Truecaller Result Mean? by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jan 10, 2021
comshots:
An official in crusader pension is responsible for the criminal act.He took advantage of your dad's age and ignorance to asked for his otp in other to defraud him.Ask your dad to take you to the crusader pension office and show you the staff who did his documentation for questioning.

This is thoughtful..... I go run this thing
Re: Help! What Does This Truecaller Result Mean? by jnoz23(m): 5:11am On Jan 11, 2021
Oblongata:

not everybody get Patience to calm down and explain details like you did without losing your temper!
are you a teacher?
anyhow 3 gbosa for you! if I dey close to your location na 3 bottle be dat!
cheers
Re: Help! What Does This Truecaller Result Mean? by studentofTruth: 7:13am On Jan 11, 2021
Oblongata:

Just one saving it as banking on one or two more phones won't be enough for Truecaller to reflect the name. There are numbers that are saved by over 20 phones but Truecaller doesn't reflect any name for them.

The truth is that the banks have been infiltrated by scammers. When I opened a Stanbic Bank account, I used to get stupid calls from people claiming to be my bank officer anytime I send the bank and email — then, there's an issue with the ATM that wasn't working. The person(s) would call and offer to assist. One called to assist me with registering and activating my app — something I did the week before.
Re: Help! What Does This Truecaller Result Mean? by TheStranger: 8:02am On Jan 11, 2021
Where's the number
Re: Help! What Does This Truecaller Result Mean? by adecz: 10:26am On Jan 11, 2021
It was harvest day for the scammers,
because mugu must fall for guy men
to wack.

The older generation always fall victim
to such scams..
Re: Help! What Does This Truecaller Result Mean? by Valkrie: 10:49am On Jan 11, 2021
Felix180:
I'll try to brief.

What does it mean?

Tell your father to get a good lawyer to get a court order for reversal of the transaction and also involve sib police unit...make a comprehensive complain and send it to the bank headquarters and copy cbn fraud desk and efcc...follow it up...them bankers are thieves...top in the criminal activities are staff of UBA,First bank.. in fact those old generation banks are crooks...they sometime use details they got to buy thing online instead of direct cashing....

(1) (Reply)

Woman Caught Attempting To Shoplift Using Fake Pregnancy Belly (photos) / Review On How AKA Pushed Anele Tembe From The Balcony / FIGHT OVER DIRT: Business Man Docked For Injury On Woman’s bosom: (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.