Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:36 AM

This Snake Climbed My Fence This Evening And Almost Entered My House - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / This Snake Climbed My Fence This Evening And Almost Entered My House (670 Views)

Is This Snake Venomous? / The Cobra I Killed Behind My House Last Night / I Saw This Snake And I Didn't Kill It. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Snake Climbed My Fence This Evening And Almost Entered My House by jazon(m): 8:35pm On Jan 10, 2021
Please can someone identify this snake?
It climbed my fence and entered my compound. It moved very fast on the cement floor. I would like to know if it is poisonous or not.

It looks like a harmless garter snake.

Still alive in the second picture. I just weakened it with a bathroom slippers.

**Edited
I have researched on the snake. It is called Buff Striped Keelback.
The buff striped keelback is nonvenomous and totally harmless. When alarmed, it inflates its body causing the bright interscale colours to be exposed. Sometimes, the snake flattens and narrows its head to form a hood. This behaviour sometimes causes the species to be mistaken by laypersons for a baby cobra.
I wouldn't have killed it if i had known it is non venomous

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buff_striped_keelback

Re: This Snake Climbed My Fence This Evening And Almost Entered My House by numtums(m): 8:35pm On Jan 10, 2021
Na wa o
Re: This Snake Climbed My Fence This Evening And Almost Entered My House by Bola146(f): 8:37pm On Jan 10, 2021
Just thank God and fumigate the environment
Re: This Snake Climbed My Fence This Evening And Almost Entered My House by Gentlemanforyou: 8:38pm On Jan 10, 2021
Such a beautiful snake

1 Like

Re: This Snake Climbed My Fence This Evening And Almost Entered My House by Synord(m): 8:38pm On Jan 10, 2021
A man was telling me today that Snakes are not poisonous during day time except 7pm - 7am . He sounded so sure and confident grin
Re: This Snake Climbed My Fence This Evening And Almost Entered My House by Anfield247(m): 8:38pm On Jan 10, 2021
Lalasticlala pls forgive the killer, he doesn't know that this is too premature for you!
Re: This Snake Climbed My Fence This Evening And Almost Entered My House by NwaAmaikpe: 8:39pm On Jan 10, 2021
shocked

Please don't kill that lovely snake...it uses it's mouth just to bite and not for gossip so I wonder why you don't want it in your compound.

I'm saddened that you have already weakened it.
Just put Lucozade boost in a stringe and feed it...you'd be amazed at what an amazing pet your village people sent to you.

We call it "onye-ozi" in my place; the ancestors send it our way when they've began missing us so much in the spirit world.
One encounter with them and you'd have a face to those forefather's names you always heard.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Snake Climbed My Fence This Evening And Almost Entered My House by NextD18: 8:39pm On Jan 10, 2021
Synord:
A man was telling me today that Snakes are not poisonous during day time except 7pm - 7am . He sounded so sure and confident grin
Their confidence when they advocate for snakes is just so annoying and irritating.

Unnecessary grammar mixed with little touch of phony and insha allah!

Tell them to touch the snake while alive, they won't, but will tell you snakes aren't poisonous and venomous, but friendly and single looking for relationship.
Re: This Snake Climbed My Fence This Evening And Almost Entered My House by starbuck(f): 8:40pm On Jan 10, 2021
God!!!!, may I never encounter anything crawling animals in my sojourn in this life
Re: This Snake Climbed My Fence This Evening And Almost Entered My House by Sundrus: 8:49pm On Jan 10, 2021
Synord:
nowadays na ignorant people dey more bold & confident.
Re: This Snake Climbed My Fence This Evening And Almost Entered My House by Kylekent59: 8:50pm On Jan 10, 2021
I had seen this type of snake before. It could be dangerous and agile. It crawls very fast and you can miss it just in the blink of an eye.

It is called a Garter snake.
Re: This Snake Climbed My Fence This Evening And Almost Entered My House by rtdCivilservant: 8:52pm On Jan 10, 2021
starbuck:
God!!!!, may I never encounter anything crawling animals in my sojourn in this life
What about tortoise?
Re: This Snake Climbed My Fence This Evening And Almost Entered My House by ifex370(m): 8:56pm On Jan 10, 2021
Synord:

Sometimes you might meet fallen angels in human form.
Re: This Snake Climbed My Fence This Evening And Almost Entered My House by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jan 10, 2021
Synord:

Snakes told him this?
This man must be related to lala
Re: This Snake Climbed My Fence This Evening And Almost Entered My House by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jan 10, 2021
Na WA o, na night be this na
Re: This Snake Climbed My Fence This Evening And Almost Entered My House by DoyaPlace: 9:23pm On Jan 10, 2021
Snakes scare the hell out of me, harmless or not. To stand near a death one sef, wahala let alone stand close to a "weakened one"

Saw that new trend of snake massage in Egypt and I could only applaud those who have the mind to go for it.

Would like to know which is this one too
Re: This Snake Climbed My Fence This Evening And Almost Entered My House by puremaker7(m): 11:55pm On Jan 10, 2021
Snake thread! if Lala no push this thing enter front page, make lala prick stand again.

1 Like

Re: This Snake Climbed My Fence This Evening And Almost Entered My House by tillaman(m): 1:14am On Jan 11, 2021
grin
According to Nwaamaikpe you just killed a pet sent from the great beyond
Snakes make good companions but not for me though
Re: This Snake Climbed My Fence This Evening And Almost Entered My House by daania50080: 6:14am On Jan 11, 2021
Such a beautiful snake
Re: This Snake Climbed My Fence This Evening And Almost Entered My House by izuch(m): 7:52am On Jan 12, 2021
This tiny snake can never make FP

(1) (Reply)

Need Professional Cleaning Services? / Unlocking Of Memory Card / Ipad Case Now Available On Pee Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.