Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,488 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:23 PM

I've Got A Problem! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I've Got A Problem! (362 Views)

I've Had 170 Children And I'm Not Going To Stop - British Man / Dilemma: Would She Be A Problem For Me In Future ? / Why Do People Have A Problem With You Once You Start Living Good? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I've Got A Problem! by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jan 10, 2021
Good evening, Nairalanders, I have a little issue.I take things to heart more than I should.when it comes to criticism, it's worse. When I make a mistake,i think about the issue over and over.i seem to focus more on what I didn't do right,how I should have done better,the Consequences of my actions. I overthink.i find it difficult to concentrate and this is affecting me at work. is this even normal?.FUNNY THING is i worry over little things and sometimes I am depressed.
Re: I've Got A Problem! by Olunmercy56(f): 9:17pm On Jan 10, 2021
Explain further
Re: I've Got A Problem! by NextD18: 9:21pm On Jan 10, 2021
You need sex to relief yourself from stress.
Re: I've Got A Problem! by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jan 10, 2021
Olunmercy56:
Explain further
i find it very difficult getting over things. I care too much about things.i feel everything I do has to be perfect.
Re: I've Got A Problem! by ojun50(m): 9:26pm On Jan 10, 2021
introvert2:
i find it very difficult getting over things. I care too much about things.i feel everything I do has to be perfect.
Explain further
Re: I've Got A Problem! by doggedfighter(f): 9:29pm On Jan 10, 2021
Do I call him a perfectionist?

Or is there a name for his kind of person?
Re: I've Got A Problem! by DoyaPlace: 9:35pm On Jan 10, 2021
Dear op, you are Both a melancholy and a perfectionist, you hold yourself to very high standards and beat yourself up when you fall short of them. While this may be good for drive and purpose sometimes, you need lots of moderation so you don't burn out.

First, cut yourself some slacks, you are only human, no matter how hard you try, you will make mistakes, remember this and give yourself some grace. Instead of dwelling on it, learn and move on

Secondly, breathe! Everytime you feel overwhelmed or tempted to overthink, remember a time you over thought and it solved nothing. You can't control everything! Please always remember this. Also remember a time you over worked your mind only to find a very simple solution at hand.

Celebrate your "rights/wins", no matter how little. Life itself is a gaint collection of memories, the good times/wins are meant to help us through the dark days, instead of beating yourself up, celebrate the times you got it right.

Read. There are so many books on temperament, over thinking and how to moderate your perfectionist tendencies. You can start with "Why you act the way you do by Tim Lahaye". I hope this helps.

2 Likes

Re: I've Got A Problem! by Oluromantic: 10:50pm On Jan 10, 2021
introvert2:
Good evening, Nairalanders, I have a little issue.I take things to heart more than I should.when it comes to criticism, it's worse. When I make a mistake,i think about the issue over and over.i seem to focus more on what I didn't do right,how I should have done better,the Consequences of my actions. I overthink.i find it difficult to concentrate and this is affecting me at work. is this even normal?.FUNNY THING is i worry over little things and sometimes I am depressed.
You're not alone. 25% of the world population are like you. You're simply a melancholic introvert. There are many such people. I once met a girl version of mel-chlor. Mheen Na that time I know say God create orisirisi personality o...She's undescribable. But she was intelligent.. as expected. Melancholics have sensitive intelligence
Re: I've Got A Problem! by 0neal(m): 12:07am On Jan 11, 2021
OP you are not alone

Everybody will not be a Maverick

I no sabi dish out all this motivational quotes, what I'll say is;

Try to be playful about your mistakes, (no one is 100% perfect) laugh about it and tell yourself "I'll do better next time..."

(1) (Reply)

What To Know Before Marriage By Pastor Funke Adejumo / . / I’m 26, And I Don’t Know My Dad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.