Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,288 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:35 AM

The 'Forget Not The Gathering' Deception - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The 'Forget Not The Gathering' Deception (112 Views)

"Forget Not All His Benefits." / Cross River Government Bans Religious Gathering Of More Than 5 People / Church And The Deception Of The Media - By Leke Beecroft (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The 'Forget Not The Gathering' Deception by davidinchrist(m): 9:26pm On Jan 10, 2021
It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for one to find a true church of Christ, as most churches are SELF, MEN and MONEY-centered.

If one has got a true fellowship that leads to obedience to the books of the gospels (not just a congregation of clubby members), then it would be wrong to leave such. However, for common gatherings/mega-churches and their branches worldwide, I would say it's better to avoid them like the plague in any case. Because even if one isn't ready to repent and obey Jesus, he/she would still be a single candidate of hell, not a double one as Jesus called it. (See Matt. 23:15)

But how about the verse "Forget not the gathering of the brethren..."?

Of course, if you've got a true fellowship (as I mentioned), why would you want to Forget them in any case?

It is also written to turn away from such with a FORM of godliness (see 2 Tim. 3:5)

Above all, seeking to live in obedience is the main thing, not necessarily about lots of religious activities:

Matt.7.22 - MANY will say to Me on that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name and driven out demons in Your name and done MANY mighty works in Your name?

Matt.7.23 - And then I will say to them openly (publicly), I never knew you; depart from Me, you who act wickedly [disregarding My commands].

God bless.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Temptation (2) / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 23/01/2020 / Dream Meaning Of Zero "0" Or Alphabet "O"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.