Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:02 AM

Chelsea Manager – My Squad Lacks A Ruthless Streak [ Killers ] - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Chelsea Manager – My Squad Lacks A Ruthless Streak [ Killers ] (139 Views)

“if I Were Chelsea Manager, My First Signing Would Be …” – Ngolo Kante / Sarri On The Verge Of Becoming Chelsea Manager, Plans To Change Chelsea Squad / 2018 World Cup: Why Musa, Iheanacho May Not Make My Squad – Rohr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Chelsea Manager – My Squad Lacks A Ruthless Streak [ Killers ] by Zakabet: 10:02am On Jan 11, 2021
Chelsea manager Frank Lampard said his squad lacks a ruthless streak and, despite their 4-0 home win over Morecambe in the FA Cup, he doesn’t have enough “killers.”

The victory was needed as a confidence booster, with Lampard selecting a strong XI against the League Two side on Sunday.

Timo Werner ended a 13-game goal drought and Kai Havertz also scored for the first time in 15 matches.

It also came after a poor run of form that has seen the Blues win just one of their last six league games.

The German duo have struggled for form in recent weeks before they both ended goal droughts in the Blues’ 4-0 win over Morecambe in the third round of the FA Cup.

Chelsea manager, speaking afterwards to the media, identified a lack of killer instinct.

“What we can’t ask the youth of this squad sometimes is to be absolutely consistent and be killers, like other players in the league are in terms of the numbers they produce and consistently produce.

“That will come for our lads but at the moment their contributions are good.

“I mean killers in the best possible terms and I hope people know what I mean,” he said.

Source: https://zakabet.com/chelsea-manager-my-squad-lacks-a-ruthless-streak-killers/

(1) (Reply)

Deserved Victory / Need The HIGHEST Odds On #atletisevilla?�check This Out! / Captain Duel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.