Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,016 members, 7,838,555 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

Parler Social Network Drops Offline After Amazon Pulls Support - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Parler Social Network Drops Offline After Amazon Pulls Support (580 Views)

More Pictures from Al Shifa Hospital As IDF Pulls Out ( Photos) / Melania Trump Pulls Her Hand Away From Donald Trump's As They Step Off Air Force / BREAKING!!..Trump Pulls Out Of Nuclear Deal With Iran (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Parler Social Network Drops Offline After Amazon Pulls Support by wwwihy: 12:23pm On Jan 11, 2021
Parler has dropped offline after Amazon pulled support for its so-called "free speech" social network.

The platform had been reliant on the tech giant's Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud computing service to provide its alternative to Twitter.

It is popular among supporters of Donald Trump, although the president is not a user.

Amazon took the action after finding dozens of posts on the service which it said encouraged violence.

Google and Apple had already removed Parler from their app stores towards the end of last week saying it had failed to comply with their content-moderation requirements.

However, it had still been accessible via the web - although visitors had complained of being unable to create new accounts over the weekend, without which it was not possible to view its content.

'All ditched us'
Parler has been online since 2018, and may return if it can find an alternative host.

However, chief executive John Matze told Fox News on Sunday that "every vendor from text message services to email providers to our lawyers all ditched us too".

"We're going to try our best to get back online as quickly as possible, but we're having a lot of trouble because every vendor we talk to says they won't work with us because if Apple doesn't approve and Google doesn't approve, they won't," he added.

AWS's move is the latest in a series of actions affecting social media following the rioting on Capitol Hill last week.

Facebook and Twitter have also banned President Trump's accounts on their platforms, citing concerns that he might incite further violence.

Parler's users included the Republican Senator Ted Cruz, who had led an effort in the Senate to delay certifying Joe Biden's electoral college victory.

He had about five million followers on the platform - more than his tally on Twitter.

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-55615214
Re: Parler Social Network Drops Offline After Amazon Pulls Support by manduwem(m): 12:27pm On Jan 11, 2021
Hmmmm never even heard of such
Re: Parler Social Network Drops Offline After Amazon Pulls Support by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jan 11, 2021
Free speech is dead.

The organization against free speech on social media and on the internet, is non other than the ADL( Anti defamation league) they are the interest group lobbying every organization to deplatform organization that goes against their narrative.
Re: Parler Social Network Drops Offline After Amazon Pulls Support by GamalNasser: 12:29pm On Jan 11, 2021
Those accusing Trump of tyranny are actually the Tyrants ...it's called reverse psychology where you try to blame people for what you are .. Recently one of my uncle's tried to accuse me of being stingy to the extended family and I didn't allow it slide and told him let's both compare what we have both done for the family even though I am 40 years his junior and alas it was exposed to all that I have actually done more for the family than anyone except one particular uncle ... Reverse Psychology bullying must be fought

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Parler Social Network Drops Offline After Amazon Pulls Support by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jan 11, 2021
Liberalism is totalitarianism.

Liberals claim free speech and democracy but they speak with the other side of their mouth
Re: Parler Social Network Drops Offline After Amazon Pulls Support by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jan 11, 2021
[s]
thebosstrevor1:

Liberals claim free speech and democracy but they speak with the other side of their mouth
[/s]
1. Biden 2021.
2. Trump 20 to 21 years imprisonment.

1 Like

Re: Parler Social Network Drops Offline After Amazon Pulls Support by Iamgrey5(m): 1:22pm On Jan 11, 2021
GamalNasser:
Those accusing Trump of tyranny are actually the Tyrants ...it's called reverse psychology where you try to blame people for what you are .. Recently one of my uncle's tried to accuse me of being stingy to the extended family and I didn't allow it slide and told him let's both compare what we have both done for the family even though I am 40 years his junior and alas it was exposed to all that I have actually done more for the family than anyone except one particular uncle ... Reverse Psychology bullying must be fought
Yes, they led people who were shouting "hang Mike Pence" the vice president of America who refused to do Trump bidding to the Capitol buildings in Washington DC last week.

Innocent Trump.!

1 Like

Re: Parler Social Network Drops Offline After Amazon Pulls Support by Iamgrey5(m): 1:24pm On Jan 11, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

No one is stopping Trump from speaking, they will not just support him to promote violence anymore.

You already believe in alternative reality why not just create alternate internet service.

1 Like

Re: Parler Social Network Drops Offline After Amazon Pulls Support by salford1: 2:08pm On Jan 11, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
Free speech is dead.

The organization against free speech on social media and on the internet, is non other than the ADL( Anti defamation league) they are the interest group lobbying every organization to deplatform organization that goes against their narrative.

How? Trump can still call a press conference to address his magats or open his own social network platform or TV station. It's a free world.
Re: Parler Social Network Drops Offline After Amazon Pulls Support by philpwresh(m): 7:40pm On Jan 11, 2021
Iamgrey5:
No one is stopping Trump from speaking, they will not just support him to promote violence anymore.

You already believe in alternative reality why not just create alternate internet service.

Please mention one instance trump incited violence, just one please

(1) (Reply)

Russia Takes Over US Military Base In Syria (video) / ‘islamic Law Is Coming To The World, We Are Not In A Hurry’ Taliban Tells CNN / Kabul Airport Bomber 'freed From Prison As Government Collapsed'.... Isis-k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.