Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,044 members, 7,835,520 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:17 AM

Daimler AG Mercedes Benz Partners Geely Holding On Carbon Neural Production - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Daimler AG Mercedes Benz Partners Geely Holding On Carbon Neural Production (294 Views)

Coolray: GEELY Nigeria Introduces Its New High-Tech Sporty Compact SUV Model / Earnings Of German Automaker Daimler Plummets By Nearly 80% In Q1 2020 / Collector Cars: Daimler Benz 500 Aka Shagari For Sale Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Daimler AG Mercedes Benz Partners Geely Holding On Carbon Neural Production by Ennyholar: 1:23pm On Jan 11, 2021
Daimler AG and Geely Holding, the respective parent companies of Mercedes Benz AG and Volvo Cars, have launched plans to collaborate on developing highly efficient powertrain systems for next-generation hybrid vehicle applications.

Both groups will use global R& D networks to work together on a next-generation gasoline engine specified for hybrid applications to be produced at the companies´ powertrain facilities in Europe, which could be utilized by Mercedes Benz AG together with its established partners as well as the wider Geely Holding Group portfolio of brands including Volvo Cars.

Markus Schäfer, Member of the Board of Management of Daimler AG and Mercedes Benz AG says “by 2030 more than half of our passenger car sales will be comprised of plug-in hybrids or purely electric vehicles.”

Mikano International Limited is proudly looking forward to the future, with Geely Automobile Industries, when together with Volvo´s ICE unit and Geely Holdings, they will further extend their synergies in the field of highly efficient drivetrain systems in the world.

As part of “Ambition 2039”, Mercedes Benz is consistently pushing towards “Electric first” with the electrification of all model variants and vehicle types, thus making a clear commitment on its way to CO2-neutrality. In order to meet the different market requirements and various customer needs worldwide, highly efficient combustion engines are part of this transition.

Mercedes Benz remains committed to driving forward the transformation of drive systems even more rapidly and more efficiently while maintaining its technology leadership in the global markets.

Geely Holding is fully dedicated to offering its global users best in class products, services and experience through constant technical innovation, and resource integration. With this cooperation, both groups will combine their advantages and global resources to develop and produce highly efficient powertrain systems.

Daimler AG and Geely Holding are already working together to further develop the smart brand on a global basis and to provide premium ride-hailing services.

POWERFUL LIFE; GEELY DRIVE

Source: www.geely.ng

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Daimler AG Mercedes Benz Partners Geely Holding On Carbon Neural Production by Kunja2: 1:46pm On Jan 11, 2021
This will be great. If electric cars can be made affordable, it won't be bad at all
Re: Daimler AG Mercedes Benz Partners Geely Holding On Carbon Neural Production by enoch273: 1:49pm On Jan 11, 2021
cool comfort meets luxury, only thing left our is affordability.
Re: Daimler AG Mercedes Benz Partners Geely Holding On Carbon Neural Production by Realboygenius(m): 3:15pm On Jan 11, 2021
I believe this is a good opportunity for both brands.
Re: Daimler AG Mercedes Benz Partners Geely Holding On Carbon Neural Production by Techm8: 3:16pm On Jan 11, 2021
I'm more interested the "premium ride-hailing service". Uber and taxify needs a kick up their backside

1 Like

Re: Daimler AG Mercedes Benz Partners Geely Holding On Carbon Neural Production by OctoberEleven: 3:24pm On Jan 11, 2021
Is Nigeria ready for electric cars? Even if power is still a major problem in the country I think we are ready
Re: Daimler AG Mercedes Benz Partners Geely Holding On Carbon Neural Production by Jacku: 3:26pm On Jan 11, 2021
Kunja2:
This will be great. If electric cars can be made affordable, it won't be bad at all
I'm telling you. It won't be a bad idea to get a electric car for cheap
Re: Daimler AG Mercedes Benz Partners Geely Holding On Carbon Neural Production by Melaninprincess(f): 3:39pm On Jan 11, 2021
I think this is great news and this move is going to impact positively on Geely.
Re: Daimler AG Mercedes Benz Partners Geely Holding On Carbon Neural Production by AlmaIganishire: 4:10pm On Jan 11, 2021
This is great, electric car in Nigeria �� I can’t wait
Re: Daimler AG Mercedes Benz Partners Geely Holding On Carbon Neural Production by sureinfo: 4:13pm On Jan 11, 2021
Omo, these are like the two biggest automobile companies coming together to team o, I can only imagine what they'll produce

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Daimler AG Mercedes Benz Partners Geely Holding On Carbon Neural Production by paduzman: 4:21pm On Jan 11, 2021
Fantastic, the idea of teaming up to create engines that are more environment friendly is really cool. But what's the deal with Mikano? Are we about to see generators that don't use fuels too?

1 Like

Re: Daimler AG Mercedes Benz Partners Geely Holding On Carbon Neural Production by paduzman: 4:22pm On Jan 11, 2021
OctoberEleven:
Is Nigeria ready for electric cars? Even if power is still a major problem in the country I think we are ready
if power is a major problem in this country then I doubt we're ready for electric cars o

1 Like

Re: Daimler AG Mercedes Benz Partners Geely Holding On Carbon Neural Production by yellowpepper: 4:32pm On Jan 11, 2021
This is huge innovation. Two big companies teaming to create something create big.

1 Like

Re: Daimler AG Mercedes Benz Partners Geely Holding On Carbon Neural Production by fehintiola324: 4:35pm On Jan 11, 2021
I'm more interested the "premium ride-hailing service". Uber and taxify needs a kick up their backside
Re: Daimler AG Mercedes Benz Partners Geely Holding On Carbon Neural Production by Corroro: 4:51pm On Jan 11, 2021
Great collaboration from these brands, the idea of using an energy that is environmental friendly is really cool but with time, countries that depend on oil production will be on the receiving end and Nigeria is one of them.

1 Like

Re: Daimler AG Mercedes Benz Partners Geely Holding On Carbon Neural Production by Corroro: 4:54pm On Jan 11, 2021
paduzman:
if power is a major problem in this country then I doubt we're ready for electric cars o
true, that's why as a country we need to fix our power problems, cos we can afford to say NO to electric cars especially seeing how beneficial it is to us health wise, also, we need to look for other sources of income apart from oil cos with the advent of electric engines everywhere, the demand and price of oil is about to drop big time.

1 Like

Re: Daimler AG Mercedes Benz Partners Geely Holding On Carbon Neural Production by Melaninprincess(f): 5:00pm On Jan 11, 2021
sureinfo:
Omo, these are like the two biggest automobile companies coming together to team o, I can only imagine what they'll produce
we will be here to witness what they're up to. Only time will tell
Re: Daimler AG Mercedes Benz Partners Geely Holding On Carbon Neural Production by investigator007: 5:06pm On Jan 11, 2021
Fantastic collaboration, the engine and aesthetics of whatever automobile they'll produce will be epic
Re: Daimler AG Mercedes Benz Partners Geely Holding On Carbon Neural Production by SocialJustice: 5:09pm On Jan 11, 2021
Melaninprincess:
I think this is great news and this move is going to impact positively on Geely.
So you want our oyel money to finish?

1 Like

Re: Daimler AG Mercedes Benz Partners Geely Holding On Carbon Neural Production by Iceman296: 7:33pm On Jan 11, 2021
Electric car in Nigeria no go bad o. Nice one

(1) (Reply)

Tokunbo Toyota Highlander 2010 - Clean Title / A Clean 2009 Tokunbo Toyota Corolla / Registered 2013 Toyota Highlander for sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.