Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,626 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:09 PM

My Journey Into Livestock Farming (Noiler 1st) - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Journey Into Livestock Farming (Noiler 1st) (39959 Views)

My Journey Into Plantain Farming - Challenges, Cost And Profit / 10 Facts About Noiler Birds You Don't Know / Are U Afraid of loss in Poultry Biz ??Think Noiler! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Journey Into Livestock Farming (Noiler 1st) by Attit: 7:25pm On May 18, 2021
justscorchone:

If to make your own incubator cost that much how much then is incubator in the market?
N120,000 is just around $250. It is like you guys do not understand naira is bad. So you think it's a huge money? N120k is not that much, it is just that little. Ok oooo! But the irony is that it is not still affordable to many.

And bro, the greatest challenge is he needs power 24/7. So, he cannot just use anyhow incubator since he needs to rely on automatic eggs rotation.

The truth is that to even buy it "ready made" is cheaper than fabricating it here. Not to talk of faulty designs and "wahala" designs fake engineers here do. I dont think I will ever use anytning fabricated by Nigerian engineers at this present state of Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: My Journey Into Livestock Farming (Noiler 1st) by kennethfranc(m): 7:37pm On May 18, 2021
Mayng01:
Where is the journey? Is that?
To comment is not by force

1 Like

Re: My Journey Into Livestock Farming (Noiler 1st) by kennethfranc(m): 7:42pm On May 18, 2021
Ayemileto:
Wow!!! Just wow.

I created a thread few weeks ago asking if Noilers are good for Egg production but didn't get a reply.

https://www.nairaland.com/6543467/noiler-good-egg-production

I bought 10, although my initial plan was to buy 30 or more.

Maybe I will start updating that thread too. cool
Honestly bro, at first It was like "e go work, e no go" but with time the dream started growing
Re: My Journey Into Livestock Farming (Noiler 1st) by kennethfranc(m): 7:43pm On May 18, 2021
Am surprised as this made it to front page.... I wish myself a success venture

1 Like

Re: My Journey Into Livestock Farming (Noiler 1st) by gungab(m): 7:46pm On May 18, 2021
Noiler or Cockerel are stubborn breed.
They will consume your food without any result.

Best is Broiler if you are careful

4 Likes

Re: My Journey Into Livestock Farming (Noiler 1st) by kennethfranc(m): 7:46pm On May 18, 2021
vioment:
You dey try.
Good luck on your endeavour.

Following.
Thanks bro

1 Like

Re: My Journey Into Livestock Farming (Noiler 1st) by kennethfranc(m): 7:52pm On May 18, 2021
sureboykris:
Please what informed your choice of these coloured chicks.... I don't know why I don't like them. I always see them as local... I feel the white ones have better yield... Is there am advantage these ones have?
I was so passionate about livestock farming especially the breeding aspect and needed to start... I was able to start broilers "the white one" while still running this one.

Am glad its getting interesting
Re: My Journey Into Livestock Farming (Noiler 1st) by Fuckyoumod: 8:12pm On May 18, 2021
kennethfranc:
Good evening all, it's been a while ooo
So far so good, the journey has been nice. The chicks are doing pretty well, the size are just increasing that's all I can say. I just wish I had a scale at this point to take note of their weight but nothing spoil.
This my Noilers can waste feeds ooo
Few weeks ago, i was amazed on thier rate of feeding as it increased by about 40%, little did I know that the feeds were just wasting with the wood shavings, so today I had all my time today to observe them today just to see them pouring it by mounting on the feeder. This thing pain me to the point that I removed the feeder and to my greatest surprise, I saw them scratching the floor picking the feeds which I have never seen for the 3weeks they have been in my care
BTW they are 7weeks+4days old
Hope am doing well?
Noilers are wonderful birds, perfect for meat and eggs, I like them but they waste feed a lot oooh... I swear.
Mine are just about 4 weeks + 5days

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Journey Into Livestock Farming (Noiler 1st) by johnbd: 8:23pm On May 18, 2021
Just got me inspired. Will start mine this week... grin

1 Like

Re: My Journey Into Livestock Farming (Noiler 1st) by spontane(m): 8:24pm On May 18, 2021
Am quite impressed!

1 Like

Re: My Journey Into Livestock Farming (Noiler 1st) by frozen70(f): 8:25pm On May 18, 2021
gungab:

Pls advice me, I bought noiler at four weeks with starter feeding, at what week of their age can I start giving them grower
Re: My Journey Into Livestock Farming (Noiler 1st) by frozen70(f): 8:26pm On May 18, 2021
Fuckyoumod:

Noilers are wonderful birds, perfect for meat and eggs, I like them but they waste feed a lot oooh... I swear.

Pls advice me, I bought noiler at four weeks with starter feeding, at what week of their age can I start giving them grower
Re: My Journey Into Livestock Farming (Noiler 1st) by frozen70(f): 8:29pm On May 18, 2021
kennethfranc:
Hi guys...
It's been a while. The chicks are doing pretty well, weight gain is noticeable just that there is no scale to ascertain that but am planning to get one soon.
Currently they are officially 7 weeks of age and are on there CHIKUN Grower feed.

GOOD NEWS
Am adding 50 easter broilers to the farm

Re: My Journey Into Livestock Farming (Noiler 1st) by kennethfranc(m): 8:52pm On May 18, 2021
frozen70:

I started giving mine grower mash@6weeks AMD changed to Pellet @12th week
Re: My Journey Into Livestock Farming (Noiler 1st) by kennethfranc(m): 8:55pm On May 18, 2021
Fuckyoumod:

Are they in intensive or semi intensive?
Feed waste is inevitable in noilers so I just reduced the amount of feed given... Then they will pick the one spilled on the floor
Re: My Journey Into Livestock Farming (Noiler 1st) by kennethfranc(m): 8:58pm On May 18, 2021
gungab:

That's your on view.... I have the two
Noilers gives me more joy while broilers gives me more money(for now) compared to the noilers

1 Like

Re: My Journey Into Livestock Farming (Noiler 1st) by frozen70(f): 9:05pm On May 18, 2021
kennethfranc:

I started giving mine grower mash@6weeks AMD changed to Pellet @12th week

OK thanks, what about layers, do you have any idea about their food called layer
Re: My Journey Into Livestock Farming (Noiler 1st) by samuelonyewueny(m): 9:40pm On May 18, 2021
Check out this YouTube channel, it could help. https://m.youtube.com/c/FarmUp
Re: My Journey Into Livestock Farming (Noiler 1st) by timmy7(m): 9:40pm On May 18, 2021
Ayemileto:
Wow!!! Just wow.

I created a thread few weeks ago asking if Noilers are good for Egg production but didn't get a reply.

https://www.nairaland.com/6543467/noiler-good-egg-production

I bought 10, although my initial plan was to buy 30 or more.

Maybe I will start updating that thread too. cool

I think they are good for egg production. I did a mini excursion/study last few weeks to observe how these birds are raised and the markets for them after seeing how nice they look in a farm; infact I visited a couple of hatchery to see how things worked partly because someone have been helping to take some of our Turkey's eggs to the hatchery, so I wanted to learn how they go about the it so I can do it on my own later. Egg production is one of the selling points for Noiler birds (you can hardly differentiate between their eggs and those laid by layers), then if there are cocks among the stock, you can be assured that some of the eggs would be fertilized and the fertilized eggs are taken to the hatchery maybe on weekly basis depending on the number of birds laying the eggs (hatchery cost for Noiler egg is 20 naira per egg, quite cheap compared to the price the op mentioned above because there are many hatchery here.). Interestingly, I saw that the market for the hatched chicks is even at the point of collection where there are ready buyers for the chicks and prices for Noiler chicks goes between 130-170 depending on the number of chicks produced that day.
Re: My Journey Into Livestock Farming (Noiler 1st) by Ayemileto(m): 9:53pm On May 18, 2021
timmy7:

I think they are good for egg production. I did a mini excursion/study last few weeks to observe how these birds are raised and the markets for them after seeing how nice they look in a farm; infact I visited a couple of hatchery to see how things worked partly because someone have been helping to take some of our Turkey's eggs to the hatchery, so I wanted to learn how they go about the it so I can do it on my own later. Egg production is one of the selling points for Noiler birds (you can hardly differentiate between their eggs and those laid by layers), then if there are cocks among the stock, you can be assured that some of the eggs would be fertilized and the fertilized eggs are taken to the hatchery maybe on weekly basis depending on the number of birds laying the eggs (hatchery cost for Noiler egg is 20 naira per egg, quite cheap compared to the price the op mentioned above because there are many hatchery here.). Interestingly, I saw that the market for the hatched chicks is even at the point of collection where there are ready buyers for the chicks and prices for Noiler chicks goes between 130-170 depending on the number of chicks produced that day.

Wow, thanks for this.
Re: My Journey Into Livestock Farming (Noiler 1st) by kennethfranc(m): 10:04pm On May 18, 2021
frozen70:

OK thanks, what about layers, do you have any idea about their food called layer
Layer mash?
I have started giving them already
Re: My Journey Into Livestock Farming (Noiler 1st) by DivineTurnAroun(f): 11:14pm On May 18, 2021
Hmm I'm motivated I will look into this business. Thanks op

1 Like

Re: My Journey Into Livestock Farming (Noiler 1st) by Twenehe: 11:24pm On May 18, 2021
@op am not here to discourage or be-little your work bt i think you need to seek more knowledge before you buy that incubator though i don't know your pocket but don't jump. There is more to poultry breeding than incubator and for someone doing other works like you pls roll your boat gently down the sea... I commend your zeal and effort though. God bless but i want you to know that any amount you spend on the Bird and incubator is only mean for knowledge(test-run) and the next stage is learning curve.SHALOM@op am not here to discourage or be-little your work bt i think you need to seek more knowledge before you buy that incubator though i don't know your pocket but don't jump. There is more to poultry breeding than incubator and for someone doing other works like you pls roll your boat gently down the sea... I commend your zeal and effort though. God bless but i want you to know that any amount you spend on the Bird and incubator is only mean for knowledge(test-run) and the next stage is learning curve.SHALOM@op am not here to discourage or be-little your work bt i think you need to seek more knowledge before you buy that incubator though i don't know your pocket but don't jump. There is more to poultry breeding than incubator and for someone doing other works like you pls roll your boat gently down the sea... I commend your zeal and effort though. God bless but i want you to know that any amount you spend on the Bird and incubator is only mean for knowledge(test-run) and the next stage is learning curve.SHALOM

1 Like

Re: My Journey Into Livestock Farming (Noiler 1st) by kennethfranc(m): 11:40pm On May 18, 2021
Twenehe:
@op am not here to discourage or be-little your work bt i think you need to seek more knowledge before you buy that incubator though i don't know your pocket but don't jump. There is more to poultry breeding than incubator and for someone doing other works like you pls roll your boat gently down the sea... I commend your zeal and effort though. God bless but i want you to know that any amount you spend on the Bird and incubator is only mean for knowledge(test-run) and the next stage is learning curve.SHALOM@op am not here to discourage or be-little your work bt i think you need to seek more knowledge before you buy that incubator though i don't know your pocket but don't jump. There is more to poultry breeding than incubator and for someone doing other works like you pls roll your boat gently down the sea... I commend your zeal and effort though. God bless but i want you to know that any amount you spend on the Bird and incubator is only mean for knowledge(test-run) and the next stage is learning curve.SHALOM@op am not here to discourage or be-little your work bt i think you need to seek more knowledge before you buy that incubator though i don't know your pocket but don't jump. There is more to poultry breeding than incubator and for someone doing other works like you pls roll your boat gently down the sea... I commend your zeal and effort though. God bless but i want you to know that any amount you spend on the Bird and incubator is only mean for knowledge(test-run) and the next stage is learning curve.SHALOM
Thanks bro
I appreciate

1 Like

Re: My Journey Into Livestock Farming (Noiler 1st) by SAMIexx: 1:10am On May 19, 2021
I also sell well Vaccinated noilers #650 broilers #800 and turkeys #1300 4weeks old I can deliver to any state you like

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Journey Into Livestock Farming (Noiler 1st) by SAMIexx: 1:11am On May 19, 2021
I also sell well Vaccinated noilers #650 broilers #800 and turkeys #1300 4weeks old I can deliver to any state you like
Whatapp number also contact number 09055992631
Thank you
Re: My Journey Into Livestock Farming (Noiler 1st) by Promiseibritam: 3:14am On May 19, 2021
Op
I'm a farmer

I owed a poultry farm too.

I Haven't seen the type of chick u r raring

Are you raring (Layers) or (Briolers)?

bcuz those two set of chicks have their own way of meal

for Broilers,
U cnt gv the Grower (feed)

bet some people dnt knw

After giving them Starter(feed) for 4weeks and u change to Finisher bcuz they r Broilers nt layers

Only layers that need Grower

Quote me for me Ideas
Re: My Journey Into Livestock Farming (Noiler 1st) by Cashalhaji: 3:56am On May 19, 2021
Keep it up bro
Re: My Journey Into Livestock Farming (Noiler 1st) by frozen70(f): 4:52am On May 19, 2021
kennethfranc:

Layer mash?
I have started giving them already

Ohhh that's good, so does it means layer is better than grower
Re: My Journey Into Livestock Farming (Noiler 1st) by sureboykris(m): 6:27am On May 19, 2021
kennethfranc:

I was so passionate about livestock farming especially the breeding aspect and needed to start... I was able to start broilers "the white one" while still running this one.

Am glad its getting interesting

OK. Thanks
Re: My Journey Into Livestock Farming (Noiler 1st) by sekzy99(m): 9:34am On May 19, 2021
hmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Snake Killed By A Facebook User On His Farm (Photo) / My Indoor Aloe Vera Farm Has Been A Success So Far *pictures* / Nigeria Overtakes Egypt As Largest Rice Producer In Africa’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.