Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,776 members, 7,820,715 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

G - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / G (8120 Views)

Caution Fayose - APC To Yoruba Monarchs / Three Men Arrested For Killing Friend & Throwing His Body In A Bush- Picture / Dele Momodu, George Bush, Tony Blair & Wole Soyinka Pictured (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: G by jason123: 2:17am On Apr 03, 2011
BCR, why can't Benin republic join Nigeria Why must yorubas join them YOU are[b] CERTAINLY[/b] a Benin republic man!
Re: G by ektbear: 2:21am On Apr 03, 2011
Why aren't Germany and Austria one country? Romania and Moldova?

Honestly, these things aren't that big a deal. You are majoring in minor. Whether this proposed new state is absorbed into BR or a new nation, the issues facing the new state don't really change.

You only get more opposition from countries like Ethiopia (which has a substantial Somalia population), etc, etc.

I want those Africa countries to not actively oppose/sabotage our plans due to it threatening their own interest (or creating a bad precedent.)
Re: G by Musiwa13: 2:25am On Apr 03, 2011
look at it this way, they would enforce human right law. and they would send troope to nigeria if the United nation stay so.
Re: G by nduchucks: 2:31am On Apr 03, 2011
Musiwa is probably right about his Yoruba people in Benin. This artists Kidjo is singing a song that has been song in yorubaland for ages. Its about Babalawo, though Kidjo titled the song Babalao. Please enjoy cheesy

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCWVipbM-aU?version=3[/flash]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCWVipbM-aU?version=3
Re: G by Musiwa13: 2:32am On Apr 03, 2011
Germany and Austria  are not the same. german occupied  Austria in 1938, that why,

Moldova are Dacian tribes
Re: G by ektbear: 2:35am On Apr 03, 2011
Musiwa: Let's put it this way. Even on this forum, people are tarring you as a foreigner from Benin Republic.

Now, what happens if this were made a legitimate movement? Then Nigeria, Ethiopia, and most of these countries tar it as the Benin Republic meddling in the affairs of Nigeria, etc. So it gets shut down immediately. Active opposition from the AU, opposition from the UN, etc.

Even if you one day want to unite SW Nigeria and the BR, imo you should first:

A) Get a referendum on independence
B) Secede if it is approved overwhelmingly (probably won't be a problem)
C) After independence, have merger talks with the BR.

That is a more sound gameplan.
Re: G by Musiwa13: 2:39am On Apr 03, 2011
ekt bear, it would not be shut down at the Africa union.  take my word for it. the africa union would agree. and we dont really need the africa union. it is the united nation , there would not be an opposition from the international community,

why would any africa country want to oppose , no reason. it does not affect them
Re: G by ektbear: 2:43am On Apr 03, 2011
Musiwa,:

ekt bear, it would not be shut down at the Africa union.  take my word for it. the africa union would agree. and we dont really need the africa union. it is the united nation

AU is a spineless, cowardly body that always supports the status quo. I don't expect their support; that is too much to ask for. But I don't want their active hostility.

Basically, if the AU unites and says, "Hey, we don't want this", then the UN typically is hesitant to intervene. UN doesn't want to get painted as colonialists meddling in the black man's business, etc.

Only thing I want from the AU is indecision and neutrality.
Re: G by Musiwa13: 2:44am On Apr 03, 2011
it as nothing to do with the africa union. stop houting africa. look obasanjo relocated some part of nigeria to chad and even cameroon, nothing happen?? what happen when bakassi was relocated, nothing. nothing would happen.
Re: G by ektbear: 2:45am On Apr 03, 2011
Musiwa,:

why would any africa country want to oppose , no reason. it does not affect them

Most African countries are patchworks of different ethnic groups who don't really like each other. The ruling governments of such countries don't like seeing Africa split along ethnic lines, because it threatens the territorial integrity of their own nation.

It sounds dumb to keep the stupid borders Europeans drew, but that is the status quo in Africa.
Re: G by Musiwa13: 2:49am On Apr 03, 2011
it mg]
Re: G by Musiwa13: 2:59am On Apr 03, 2011
look we are ready to accept a country of our own , if it happen.
Re: G by Musiwa13: 3:05am On Apr 03, 2011
Mte]

Re: G by Thirst4Lif: 5:33am On Apr 03, 2011
Wonderful. Americans didn't see Bush talking to anyone after Hurricane Katrina.

And that happened in his OWN country! So the young African woman should

mark this day on her calendar! Quite a development! Of course what the h.e.ll

is George W. Bush going to do for Africans!!!!!!!!!!
Re: G by Thirst4Lif: 5:37am On Apr 03, 2011
is ian mahinmi , he is from benin republic, he plays in the NBA for dallas.  he is yoruba, but not from nigeria, but from benin republic

I will speak for myself, along with other women throughout the world, by saying,  D.A.M.N. This man looks GOOD!!!!  grin
Re: G by Thirst4Lif: 5:50am On Apr 03, 2011
I would assume you are in the United state. And you may have been born there young man. if you ask your daddy the reason you were born in the USA was because of oppression.

His father ran away If he is Black and born in the U.S. apparently his father was not a

very fast runner!! At some point everybody has to stop running and fight! Whether they are

in Africa, Mexico or any other continent or country whose people seek refuge in America. What

were Black Americans to do, hijack boats back to Africa? Back to the people who probably

helped sell them into slavery in the first place?
Stop running, start fighting. African Americans certainly DID!
Re: G by Musiwa13: 9:54pm On Apr 03, 2011
ekt bear, if you understand yoruba, won de yi ni, ore eyi ti aja fi ba omo re sere, lo fi bu je. won fe pu yi je.

ti adire ba lo si etito, ta ba so pe ko ma lo. it is because of his own interest we offer that. olojo meje, le fe sere. ki ni ti more, e o re.
won ma gbe ogun wa si le yi. e je ki yoruba sa lo si ile benin, ki everybody bear father name.\

under the united nation charter human right is taken serious. and nigeria is violenting this charter.

ere won je so ro. won ma gbe ogun wa ba yi ni naija. eje ki yoruba sa lo. e try la ti sa lo ni ti ogun to de.
Re: G by ezeagu(m): 10:12pm On Apr 03, 2011
Not trying to be poritiklar collect, but it would be nice to see a Yoruba nation with their territories in Benin Republic included and a Hausa nation with their Niger republic territories, this way we can see what their true potential is.
Re: G by ektbear: 11:13pm On Apr 03, 2011
@Musiwa: I could only pick out bits and pieces of what you wrote. So I had my uncle translate  grin

We couldn't figure out what you meant by "olojo meje" though.

Never heard this "ti adiye ba lo si" proverb before, kind of interesting (my uncle explained it to me.)
Re: G by ektbear: 11:36pm On Apr 03, 2011
ezeagu:

Not trying to be poritiklar collect, but it would be nice to see a Yoruba nation with their territories in Benin Republic included and a Hausa nation with their Niger republic territories, this way we can see what their true potential is.

Hausa(+Kanuri?)land as its own separate country might be tough going. Generally, regions far away from the sea do a lot worse than others. Not to mention that northern Hausaland right now has the desert creeping up against it. I dunno. If it were me, I'd try to negotiate some sort of longterm cash payment in oil before agreeing to partition Nigeria, if I were their leaders. Ask for 500k barrels of oil per day? I dunno. They'd need some sort of lifeline.

Yorubaland I think would do pretty well. All the necessary ingredients for a successful country (access to the sea, excellent existing port, lots of land, substantial mineral resources largely unexploited [oil, natural gas, oil]), relatively well-educated populace (at least for African standards), a pretty impressive diaspora. Then again, I'm a bit biased.

SS would do extremely well. Would probably be the richest of the post-Nigeria components.

Not too sure about how the rest of the country (middle belt and Igboland) would do.
Re: G by ezeagu(m): 12:48am On Apr 04, 2011
You can just judge how the Middle belt and Igboland would be from their position in Nigeria now. Which isn't too bad to say the least, and to add that a large part of the South south is Igboland.
Re: G by ektbear: 1:10am On Apr 04, 2011
Regarding middle belt, what do you mean by "well"? What would drive economic growth there? Remember, you'd have lost substantial revenue in FG allocations (essentially oil money from the SS). How do you replace that revenue to even just maintain the status quo?
Re: G by ektbear: 1:14am On Apr 04, 2011
I think Igboland would do pretty well if they can incorporate large parts of Rivers and somehow gain access to the sea (I guess see if you can get the ethnic groups of southern Rivers to join, or alternatively incorporate Akwa Ibom)?

Rivers has a sh1tload of oil. . . so would be a pretty nice territory to have. I dunno how it would be handled though.
Re: G by Nobody: 1:18am On Apr 04, 2011
I like the yoruba women attire. smiley
Re: G by Musiwa13: 4:09am On Apr 04, 2011
how do you think igbo would do well, they dont have land to grow crop. they would die of food shortage.

if you say 500k barrel. then you mean cross river and akwa ibom coast, you dont want to give them 500k let them go and explore it themself in the coast of akwa ibom and cross river state.
while we leave.

which middle belt are you talking about. is kwara or kogi where they are yorubas part of that.
look adamawa has high number of fulani. pleateu too.

let the yorubas goes first and you people can talk of division when the united nation is involve.
Re: G by Nobody: 6:22am On Apr 04, 2011
come guys, they can even join rivers state since bayelsa is part of the map, mumu people.
Re: G by Musiwa13: 5:04pm On Apr 04, 2011
whattay.
Re: G by ezeagu(m): 7:13pm On Apr 04, 2011
ekt_bear:

Regarding middle belt, what do you mean by "well"? What would drive economic growth there? Remember, you'd have lost substantial revenue in FG allocations (essentially oil money from the SS). How do you replace that revenue to even just maintain the status quo?

ekt_bear:

I think Igboland would do pretty well if they can incorporate large parts of Rivers and somehow gain access to the sea (I guess see if you can get the ethnic groups of southern Rivers to join, or alternatively incorporate Akwa Ibom)?

Rivers has a sh1tload of oil. . . so would be a pretty nice territory to have. I dunno how it would be handled though.

The only thing between Port Harcourt and the sea is the Bonny River and mangroves. There are other natural resources that haven't been used that can easily replace and pass the allocations, plus a large part of the oil producing parts of Nigeria is Igboland anyway. Igboland has higher standard of living than most other places in Africa.
Re: G by ektbear: 7:26pm On Apr 04, 2011
Are you assuming all of PH would incorporated into Igboland? In any case. . .

distance between the two locations (PH and the sea) might be small, but the land is owned by another group.

Re: G by ezeagu(m): 9:50pm On Apr 04, 2011
ekt_bear:

Are you assuming all of PH would incorporated into Igboland? In any case. . .

distance between the two locations (PH and the sea) might be small, but the land is owned by another group.

That's mostly swampy mangrove that is slowly being added to the ocean, all the land has been taken over, why do you think people take speed boats to those small towns? Not all of Port Harcourt is Igboland, but most of it is, anyway the most important parts of it is.

[center][/center]
Re: G by Musiwa13: 9:16am On Apr 05, 2011
port
Re: G by Nobody: 1:35pm On Apr 05, 2011
Is Musiwa Becomrich?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Throwback: There Are Igbos In SS - Buhari / PDP To Sagay: Tell Buhari The Truth, Corruption Resides In His Presidency / See What Soldiers Did To Ambulance Carrying Casualties From The Lekki Toll Gate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.