Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,100 members, 7,953,350 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:51 PM

G - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / G (8222 Views)

Caution Fayose - APC To Yoruba Monarchs / Three Men Arrested For Killing Friend & Throwing His Body In A Bush- Picture / Dele Momodu, George Bush, Tony Blair & Wole Soyinka Pictured (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: G by Musiwa13: 5:53pm On Apr 02, 2011
Mcleo007, this is not secession, but unification. to be honest with you, if you ask any honest person that knows nigeria history, we should not be nigerian in the first place, we should be beninois based on our history. even the name benin , is name after benin on our side, not even in the republic of benin.

so this is not secession, but unification.
Re: G by ektbear: 5:56pm On Apr 02, 2011
Do we have anyone actually talking to the UN bodies, trying to lobby for a referendum? The referendum (as Eko Ile points out) is the first step.
Re: G by Musiwa13: 6:41pm On Apr 02, 2011
we have no relation with the north, we have nothing in common with the north. look the only people we have something n common with are in the republic of benin. in term of history, language, culture and people. we are same people.

we have nothing in common with the hausa man or kanuri man in term of history, language, culture and people.
Re: G by Musiwa13: 7:43pm On Apr 02, 2011
this are

Re: G by Musiwa13: 7:44pm On Apr 02, 2011
this

Re: G by Musiwa13: 8:09pm On Apr 02, 2011
ek b

Re: G by Musiwa13: 8:10pm On Apr 02, 2011
this ar

Re: G by Musiwa13: 8:11pm On Apr 02, 2011
this

Re: G by ektbear: 8:15pm On Apr 02, 2011
I as an individual, it makes no sense for me to email the UN. We'd need Afenifere, YCE, groups of that caliber/prestige who can speak authoritatively on behalf of the Yoruba people in Nigeria.
Re: G by EzeUche(m): 8:40pm On Apr 02, 2011
^^^

Of course you all have no one talking on your behalf in the U.N. At least we Igbos have contacts amongst members in the UN thanks to the good work of MASSOB.
Re: G by Musiwa13: 8:52pm On Apr 02, 2011
ek
Re: G by Musiwa13: 9:12pm On Apr 02, 2011
my
Re: G by Musiwa13: 9:20pm On Apr 02, 2011
thiimg]
Re: G by Musiwa13: 10:25pm On Apr 02, 2011
as
Re: G by Musiwa13: 10:43pm On Apr 02, 2011
if
Re: G by ektbear: 10:46pm On Apr 02, 2011
Why join the Republic of Benin, rather than just founding a new nation?
Re: G by Musiwa13: 10:52pm On Apr 02, 2011
we
Re: G by ektbear: 10:55pm On Apr 02, 2011
Benin and many of these francophone countries are too much under the influence of France. I don't want to leave Nigeria's negativity only to be manipulated by France.

And I don't see the argument for it being easier to
A) join Benin Rep
B) than simply separate, form a new country.

Why are there more roadblocks for option B?
Re: G by ektbear: 10:59pm On Apr 02, 2011
Why would the UN be more inclined to offer us a referendum on leaving Nigeria to join the BR rather than just leaving Nigeria and forming a new country?

Why is the former more likely to happen than the latter?
Re: G by Musiwa13: 1:32am On Apr 03, 2011
wel
Re: G by Musiwa13: 1:44am On Apr 03, 2011
it also state the united nation is suppose to enforce this charter when indigenous people are been discrinated. like in the case of the satellite pictures. which is discrimination of human right to vote of the edo,delta and yoruba

Article 9
Indigenous peoples and individuals have the right to belong to an indigenous community or nation, in accordance with the traditions and customs of the community or nation concerned. No discrimination of any kind may arise from the exercise of such a right.

and

Reaffirming that indigenous peoples, in the exercise of their rights, should be free from discrimination of any kind,

the united nation is allowed to enforce the charter since discrimination has taken place against the edo,delta and yoruba people. And the use of military force is pemitted and a NO fly zone look good and use of military by the united nation is permitted.
Re: G by ektbear: 1:44am On Apr 03, 2011
I don't agree with your premise. Benin Republic is not a purely Yoruba state, it has other ethnic groups. There is no need to upset their own demographic/political balance. And I don't want to be pulled into the France axis. You downplay the importance of it, but when France says jump, most of these francophone african countries say, "How high?"

Look, there is nothing wrong with having two nations next to each other with similar langage/culture.

Canada and the US are next to each other, both culturally very similar. Germany/Austria, etc, etc.

It is a bad move strategically because then you'll get unnecessary opposition from all these African countries with cross-border ethnic groups.

I want to minimize the opposition we face, not increase it.

Yorubaland is fortunately fairly homogeneous, its history and ownership issues well documented. We currently don't produce much oil, so won't be opposed by oil-consuming nations which want to maintain the status quo.

I don't see why you want to complicate the issue by involving (unnecessarily) BR. . .
Re: G by fstranger3(m): 1:47am On Apr 03, 2011
DIdnt realize they speak French in America grin

So NFL is popular in Canada too? Hmm, interesting
Re: G by EzeUche(m): 1:49am On Apr 03, 2011
I am kind of happy that the traditional Igbo homeland can only be found in Nigeria.

Even though we have far flung communities in Cameroon and Equatorial Guinea prior to colonialism, the bulk of the Ndigbo can be found in Nigeria. No colonial border separates my people nor foreign tongue.
Re: G by EzeUche(m): 1:49am On Apr 03, 2011
fstranger3:

DIdnt realize they speak French in America grin

So NFL is popular in Canada too? Hmm, interesting

French is common in some parishes of Louisiana and it is also spoken in Maine.
Re: G by Musiwa13: 1:59am On Apr 03, 2011
firs
Re: G by EzeUche(m): 2:02am On Apr 03, 2011
^^^

You all are not going anywhere. Musiwa, you know you all had your chance. Sorry, but that train has left the station.
Re: G by Musiwa13: 2:06am On Apr 03, 2011
United nation reserve the right to enforce its charter of the indigenous peoples and human right by force, and the United state., uk, france, china , russia etc are going to enforce united nation security council decision , which is to defend the human right of the Yoruba people.
Re: G by ektbear: 2:10am On Apr 03, 2011
@Musiwa: I'm not obsessed with staying in Nigeria. Nor am I with going. I'd prefer to rationally evaluate both options and pick the best one. Not a fan of inserting too much emotion into these sorts of things. . .

Anyway, you've not really justified why this BR option is better than forming a new state.
Re: G by Musiwa13: 2:13am On Apr 03, 2011
speaking french is not the same as been an indigenous peoples,   an igbo man who learn how to speak yoruba, that does not make him yoruba.

indigenous peoples people are different.
east germany and west germany were united

Re: G by fstranger3(m): 2:15am On Apr 03, 2011
Musiwa,:

ekt bear you are igbo , and the same person call ezeuche

speaking french is not the same as been an indigenous peoples,   an igbo man who learn how to speak yoruba, that does not make him yoruba.

indigenous peoples people are different.
east germany and west germany were united

I agree Aare Musiwa grin

Becomrichn is the only Yoruba on NL. No questions asked!
Re: G by Musiwa13: 2:16am On Apr 03, 2011
why do you think i am the only yoruba person.

my friend if you people dont let us go, this is how the USA tomahawk looks like.  when the united nation put a no fly zone on nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Trump Hits Record Poll High As Americans Back Billionaire After Muslim Ban / Pascal Bafyau Is Dead (2012) / The Ordeals Of Alimodu Sheriff And What It Portends For The PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.