Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,632 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:13 PM

Medicine Isn't Actually Hard!!! - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Medicine Isn't Actually Hard!!! (2725 Views)

Isn't This Too Much For A 4year Old. / UNILAG Student "Happy" About The ASUU Strike Because "School Isn't It" (Video) / Isn't This Too Much For A Nursery 1 Pupil?(picture Attached) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Medicine Isn't Actually Hard!!! by Stephaustin(m): 6:29pm On Jan 14, 2021
ToksZee:
Guys!!!
I just talked with an uncle of mine (I wanted to study medicine) so I told him about it and my fears abt going into it due to different people experience whereby some burnout, some dropout,some regrets and I dont want things like that so I told him and he told me "MEDICINE ISNT ACTUALLY HARD THE ONLY HARD ASPECT IS "GETTING IN" ONCE YOU'VE GET IT U JUST NEED TO STUDY HARD "
is that really true?

I believe your uncle advised you based on the available information at his disposal.

However, the truth of the matter is that it is easier getting the admission to study medicine in Nigeria than remaining a medical student or graduating a physician in Nigeria.

This is the very clear truth in Nigeria, especially with government-owned institutions. The reverse may be the case in other parts of the world.

However, people still take up seemingly difficult tasks/projects and succeed in it.

As a medical student, you need more than academic intelligence to scale through medical school. You also need to understand yourself (your strengths and weaknesses), discipline, support system, etc. to successfully go through medical school.

It is not to discourage you at all from studying medicine. In fact, if it's TRULY your PASSION, I strongly encourage you to go for it. You will be glad you did. Nothing good in life comes easy.

I speak from my experience as a science laboratory technician and currently a medical student in a federal government-owned institution in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Medicine Isn't Actually Hard!!! by Grateful02(m): 10:46pm On Jan 14, 2021
Lol.. This man, You no just get joy
ednut1:
Na from 100 level them go send you to science education

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is The English Name For (a Type Of Leaf) Green? / How To Check Uniuyo Admission First Merit List 2013/2014 / Universities In Nigeria And List Of Accredited Courses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.