Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,507 members, 7,823,190 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:14 AM

I Didn't Become Senate President In 2015 Because It Wasn't God's Time - Lawan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Didn't Become Senate President In 2015 Because It Wasn't God's Time - Lawan (217 Views)

Only If PMB Didn't Become The President? / How I Conspired With Tinubu To Become Senate President In 1992- Iyochia Ayu / APC Did Not Win 2015 Because Buhari Was Overly Popular. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Didn't Become Senate President In 2015 Because It Wasn't God's Time - Lawan by Ababbio: 9:04pm On Jan 12, 2021
Senate President Ahmad Lawan has explained why he didn't occupy the position in 2015, Insidenaija reports.

The number three citizen who addressed newsmen during his 62nd birthday anniversary in Abuja on Tuesday January 12, said he never occupied the position because it was not God's time.

Lawan further stated that he worked with former senate president Bukola Saraki for the good of Nigerians in spite of losing out.

In his words; “In 2015, you will recall when I wanted to be senate president, and God in his wisdom decided, No. You are not going to be. Someone else will be. Then of course senator Saraki became the president of the senate.

“We believe in God. We worked together in the senate for the benefit of our people and when in 2019, God said it is time, guess what? 109 senators have the same mindset, the same attitudinal disposition to making Nigeria better, to working with the executive arm of government for the betterment of our country."

Lawan also averred that the senate under his leadership and national assembly at large have discharged their duties very well.

“This is an opportunity for me to commend very distinguished senators for being very patriotic all through to ensure that the last one and half years of our activities in the senate, the senate has introduced so much good things into the system," he added;

Source: https://insidenaija.com.ng/i-didnt-become-senate-president-in-2015-because-it-wasnt-gods-time-ahmad-lawan/

Lalasticlala, Mynd44, Dominique

1 Like

Re: I Didn't Become Senate President In 2015 Because It Wasn't God's Time - Lawan by Acekidc4(m): 9:05pm On Jan 12, 2021
God's Timing is always the Best......e go be like say you do Juju Ni........Wait on the Lord but remember Faith without Action is Dead on Arrival

1 Like

Re: I Didn't Become Senate President In 2015 Because It Wasn't God's Time - Lawan by Ababbio: 9:05pm On Jan 12, 2021
Cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44, Dominique
Re: I Didn't Become Senate President In 2015 Because It Wasn't God's Time - Lawan by Fahdiga(m): 9:09pm On Jan 12, 2021
You didn't become the rubber Stamp senate leader in 2015 because Saraki outsmarted both you and your backers then

1 Like

Re: I Didn't Become Senate President In 2015 Because It Wasn't God's Time - Lawan by Racoon(m): 9:09pm On Jan 12, 2021
So God denied you the position then only for you to become the "we will approve it" rubberstamp stooge? Forget this politicians and their sensational God affirmation nonsense.
Re: I Didn't Become Senate President In 2015 Because It Wasn't God's Time - Lawan by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jan 12, 2021
Mad people
Re: I Didn't Become Senate President In 2015 Because It Wasn't God's Time - Lawan by Ababbio: 9:16pm On Jan 12, 2021
grin grin shocked
southniyikaye:
Mad people
Re: I Didn't Become Senate President In 2015 Because It Wasn't God's Time - Lawan by JaneYave(f): 9:20pm On Jan 12, 2021
Senate have done their duties well? Let us assess.. How have they resolve the issue of loop sided appointments? Let alone national debts especially from China? Happy birthday Sir, more strength to deliver!
Re: I Didn't Become Senate President In 2015 Because It Wasn't God's Time - Lawan by illicit(m): 7:31am On Jan 13, 2021
Saraki no dey get leader....

(1) (Reply)

Ending Former Governors’ Official Swindle / APC ‘ll Win Anambra Governorship Poll- State Chairman, Basil Ejidike / How Nigeria’s Debt Repayment Is Taking Huge Toll On Yearly Budgets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.