Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,808 members, 7,810,105 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:50 PM

Kaios: Pictorial Unboxing Of The Geo T15 Phone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Kaios: Pictorial Unboxing Of The Geo T15 Phone (1010 Views)

My Experience With Kaios - A Long Term Review / My Experience and Unboxing of The Infinix S4 / Kaios! My Experience Using The So-called Smart-featured Phone Introduced By MTN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kaios: Pictorial Unboxing Of The Geo T15 Phone by kekilika: 11:44pm On Jan 12, 2021
What a strange name? The Geo T15 phone produced in Bangladesh. However, this bad boy runs on KaiOS which made me curb it from Jumia for N13,629.00(transport and custom's fee inclusive). Ordered it 23rd of December, 2020 and I received it on the 10th of January, 2021.
This my first time in a long while using something new outside the two prominent OS.

While setting it up, I used 100mb to update the OS, the KaiStore and install some app. So it doesn't consumes much data.

However, there aren't many apps there. For example, there is no Opera mini. TweetFit for Twitter, etc. There is Xender, PDF reader, CriptoCoin Tracker, UC Browser, etc. Hoping the KaiOS team introduced a lot of incentives and push for more phone manufacturers to make phones with their OS as this will bring more developers to add more apps to their store.

Notable features of this phone
Network: 4G (confirmed that with my Airtel Sim)
Connectivity: WiFi, Hotspot, Bluetooth
Battery: 1700mAh
RAM: 512MB
ROM: 4GB
Apps: WhatsApp, Facebook, Google App(Assistant, Maps, YouTube, Browser, Mail)
Special features: Thermometer (just a gimmick to sell the phone or I don't know how to use it. Cos on either slow, normal or fast mode, my temperature has always been 32°F. Kilode).
Other features: call recording, QR Reader, Astrolo, FM Radio, News

Pros:
Better than Java phone in use.
There is a notice section that mimics the Blackberry hub format. So all your notification in one place. Though after you exit, it clears.
Dual Micro SIM + Space for memory card

Cons:
You can't uninstall app.
Not fluid like Android and iOS

1 Like

Re: Kaios: Pictorial Unboxing Of The Geo T15 Phone by kekilika: 11:45pm On Jan 12, 2021
More pictures

Re: Kaios: Pictorial Unboxing Of The Geo T15 Phone by kekilika: 11:45pm On Jan 12, 2021
Cheap Earphones included... grin

Re: Kaios: Pictorial Unboxing Of The Geo T15 Phone by kekilika: 11:47pm On Jan 12, 2021
Actual screenshot from the phone

Re: Kaios: Pictorial Unboxing Of The Geo T15 Phone by kekilika: 11:49pm On Jan 12, 2021
More screenshot loading

Re: Kaios: Pictorial Unboxing Of The Geo T15 Phone by ryfoz(m): 8:22am On Jan 13, 2021
u can get box prime u for lesser amount
Android OS 1GB/16GB 5 inch display dual SIM (micro SIM) + SD slot
for shikini 10k
Lagos residents only
Re: Kaios: Pictorial Unboxing Of The Geo T15 Phone by Marvis1010(m): 4:11pm On Feb 23, 2021
kekilika:
Actual screenshot from the phone

please how were u able to screenshot with it?

I also have phone that runs on kaios
Re: Kaios: Pictorial Unboxing Of The Geo T15 Phone by WeNoGoDie(m): 4:17pm On Feb 23, 2021
ryfoz:
u can get box prime u for lesser amount

Android OS
1GB/16GB
5 inch display
dual SIM (micro SIM) + SD slot

for shikini 10k

Lagos residents only

Does it have 4G
Re: Kaios: Pictorial Unboxing Of The Geo T15 Phone by kekilika: 6:16pm On Feb 23, 2021
Marvis1010:

please how were u able to screenshot with it?

I also have phone that runs on kaios
Press the * and # keys simultaneously on your phone.
Re: Kaios: Pictorial Unboxing Of The Geo T15 Phone by ryfoz(m): 7:41am On Feb 24, 2021
WeNoGoDie:

Does it have 4G
No

(1) (Reply)

Very Clean Redmi Note 9 Pro 6/64 At 75k Only sold !!! / MTN Naija IPTV With No DATA Charge / Full Review Of Infinix Hot 11 Your Smartest Phone For 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.