Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,776 members, 7,862,555 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 07:25 PM

Christian Scriptures:paul's Judgement Or "inspiration"? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christian Scriptures:paul's Judgement Or "inspiration"? (533 Views)

Dr Paul Enenche's Visit To Agatu Land / Some Scriptures People Use Wrongly To Justify Themselves / Scripture Library: Scriptures from the Bible and their meaning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Christian Scriptures:paul's Judgement Or "inspiration"? by LagosShia: 10:09pm On Mar 31, 2011
2 Timothy 3:16

16[b] All scripture is given by inspiration of God[/b], and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

VERSUS:

2 Corinthians 11:17

17That which[b] I speak, I speak it not after the Lord[/b], but as it were foolishly, in this confidence of boasting.

1 Corinthians 7:12

12But to the rest speak I, not the Lord: If any brother hath a wife that believeth not, and she be pleased to dwell with him, let him not put her away.

1 Corinthians 7:6
6But I speak this by permission, and not of commandment.

1 Corinthians 7:25-35

25Now concerning virgins I have no commandment of the Lord: yet I give my judgment, as one that hath obtained mercy of the Lord to be faithful.
26I suppose therefore that this is good for the present distress, I say, that it is good for a man so to be.
27Art thou bound unto a wife? seek not to be loosed. Art thou loosed from a wife? seek not a wife.
28But and if thou marry, thou hast not sinned; and if a virgin marry, she hath not sinned. Nevertheless such shall have trouble in the flesh: but I spare you.
29But this I say, brethren, the time is short: it remaineth, that both they that have wives be as though they had none;
30And they that weep, as though they wept not; and they that rejoice, as though they rejoiced not; and they that buy, as though they possessed not;
31And they that use this world, as not abusing it: for the fashion of this world passeth away.
32But I would have you without carefulness. He that is unmarried careth for the things that belong to the Lord, how he may please the Lord:
33But he that is married careth for the things that are of the world, how he may please his wife.
34There is difference also between a wife and a virgin. The unmarried woman careth for the things of the Lord, that she may be holy both in body and in spirit: but she that is married careth for the things of the world, how she may please her husband.
35And this I speak for your own profit; not that I may cast a snare upon you, but for that which is comely, and that ye may attend upon the Lord without distraction.

QUESTION:
HOW DID PERSONAL JUDGEMENT WITH NO AUTHORITY FROM GOD FIND ITS WAY INTO A BOOK ITS ADHERENTS SO STRONGLY BELIEVE IS THE "INSPIRED WORD OF GOD" WHEN SO MANY INDICATIONS EXIST TO THE CONTRARY SHOULDN'T VERSES THAT ARE NOT "INSPIRED" AND THE AUTHOR EVEN SAYS SO BE EXPUNGED FROM THE BIBLE SINCE THEY ARE NOT "INSPIRED"?

HOW DID PAUL SAY ALL SCRIPTURE IS "INSPIRED" WHEN AT OTHER INSTANCES HE STATES CLEARLY HE IS OFFERING ONLY HIS OWN WORDS?DID HE NOT CONSIDER THOSE WORDS AS PART OF SCRIPTURE?SO WHY DO CHRISTIANS IF PAUL DID NOT?OR DID PAUL CONSIDER HIMSELF DIVINE?
Re: Christian Scriptures:paul's Judgement Or "inspiration"? by LagosShia: 8:01pm On Apr 02, 2011
(Holy Quran 2:79)

Then woe to those who write the Book with their own hands, and then say:"This is from Allah," to traffic with it for miserable price!- Woe to them for what their hands do write, and for the gain they make thereby

(1) (Reply)

Solutions To Poverty / Your Shoutout To God Today. / Judgment Day! May 21, 2011?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.