Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,187 members, 7,822,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

Cattle Herders Destroyed My Farm In Ogun - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Cattle Herders Destroyed My Farm In Ogun (1595 Views)

Four Cattle Herders Abducted, Killed In Ogun State / Cattle Herders Gang-Rape 8-Months Pregnant Woman In Abuja / Clem Ohameze: Robbers Took N650,000 From Me, All My Phones, Destroyed My Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cattle Herders Destroyed My Farm In Ogun by pusskhole(m): 2:58pm On Jan 13, 2021
I didn’t mean to make this lengthy or tribalistic even though I still haven’t gotten over the shock. After several attempts to set up a small business in my beloved country failed, I thought it would be interesting and also profitable to dive into farming.
Prior to this, I used to sell thrift items majorly first grade men shoes and baby wears before the outbreak of the pandemic. Undoubtedly, almost everyone felt the impact of this Wuhan virus forcing some businesses to fold up, retrenchment of workers and majority left to fight for their survival.
Sometimes last year, I made a decision to relocate from Lagos to Ogun State when the bills have been overwhelming and no hope in sight.
I ventured into farming with the little savings left and some financial help I got. I was able to secure rented acres of land for this purpose in a town called Igbogila under Yewa local government not far from Dangote cement, Ibeshe.
The rented acres of land was used in the cultivation of some crops like maize, cassava, water melon, melon (egusi) and some vegetables.
Last week, I woke up to the shock of my life when I got a call that some cows had destroyed my farm. I had no dime to immediately transport myself from Abeokuta to the farm to actually know what went wrong. On getting to the car park, I had to beg one of the driver after I told him about my plight. He later succumbed and transported me down there free of charge. On getting to the farm, I can’t help it but watch how tears rolled down my swollen eyes seeing the aftermath of the destruction caused. I branched at the police station in the town to lodge a complain about my farm but to my greatest surprise, the DPO blatantly told me there’s absolutely nothing they could do about the ugly incident but if I wish to go ahead he could give me a paper to write a statement. At that point, I knew all hope about this great country is all gone.

Re: Cattle Herders Destroyed My Farm In Ogun by NeoWanZaeed(m): 3:05pm On Jan 13, 2021
Hmm. .fulani . .go ur town o

2 Likes

Re: Cattle Herders Destroyed My Farm In Ogun by Freestainworld(m): 3:10pm On Jan 13, 2021
When you eventually speak angrily to them, they may end up slaughtering you.

6 Likes

Re: Cattle Herders Destroyed My Farm In Ogun by BIGPREEQ: 3:26pm On Jan 13, 2021
It's funny how the menace seems to be prevalent in the south west, and to think these people see ESN as their problem is what baffles me
I hope the southern Nigeria wakes up one day and unite to fight its common enemy

3 Likes

Re: Cattle Herders Destroyed My Farm In Ogun by longetivity(m): 3:42pm On Jan 13, 2021
is that not cows I am seeing, you no fit kill like five of them

1 Like

Re: Cattle Herders Destroyed My Farm In Ogun by tensazangetsu20(m): 4:33pm On Jan 13, 2021
Watch how Nigeria is the best place for business and you can only make forbes list as a Nigerian crew avoid this thread grin grin grin.

CC gerrard59
CC lalasticala.

Op sorry and take heart. Please the next money you have find a way to leave the country. Even if its not west a lot of african countries will offer a sane life to you more than the rubbish available here.

3 Likes

Re: Cattle Herders Destroyed My Farm In Ogun by tungamaje: 5:25pm On Jan 13, 2021
OP, sorry o. But I hope you were not among those who attacked Kanu for forming a security outfit to check mate these fellows

1 Like

Re: Cattle Herders Destroyed My Farm In Ogun by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jan 13, 2021
In 2017 these same herdsmen with their cattle destroyed my maize farm some in the South West. They wasted all I had.All the money I saved from service and private tutorials, just wasted.

6 Likes

Re: Cattle Herders Destroyed My Farm In Ogun by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jan 13, 2021
pusskhole:
I didn’t mean to make this lengthy or tribalistic even though I still haven’t gotten over the shock. After several attempts to set up a small business in my beloved country failed, I thought it would be interesting and also profitable to dive into farming.
Prior to this, I used to sell thrift items majorly first grade men shoes and baby wears before the outbreak of the pandemic. Undoubtedly, almost everyone felt the impact of this Wuhan virus forcing some businesses to fold up, retrenchment of workers and majority left to fight for their survival.
Sometimes last year, I made a decision to relocate from Lagos to Ogun State when the bills have been overwhelming and no hope in sight.
I ventured into farming with the little savings left and some financial help I got. I was able to secure rented acres of land for this purpose in a town called Igbogila under Yewa local government not far from Dangote cement, Ibeshe.
The rented acres of land was used in the cultivation of some crops like maize, cassava, water melon, melon (egusi) and some vegetables.
Last week, I woke up to the shock of my life when I got a call that some cows had destroyed my farm. I had no dime to immediately transport myself from Abeokuta to the farm to actually know what went wrong. On getting to the car park, I had to beg one of the driver after I told him about my plight. He later succumbed and transported me down there free of charge. On getting to the farm, I can’t help it but watch how tears rolled down my swollen eyes seeing the aftermath of the destruction caused. I branched at the police station in the town to lodge a complain about my farm but to my greatest surprise, the DPO blatantly told me there’s absolutely nothing they could do about the ugly incident but if I wish to go ahead he could give me a paper to write a statement. At that point, I knew all hope about this great country is all gone.

If you killed one of the cows that idiotic DPO will magically wake up to his responsibilities.

5 Likes

Re: Cattle Herders Destroyed My Farm In Ogun by VEXT: 8:45pm On Jan 13, 2021
God will punish any stupid person that keep supporting this foolish herdsmen, esp those Yoruba Muslim that love to defend them, any time we try to chase them away from south... Sorry op..

1 Like

Re: Cattle Herders Destroyed My Farm In Ogun by nedekid: 9:00pm On Jan 13, 2021
Sorry bro.
Once there is life, there is hope.
Avoid them cos they may turn violent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pE8T879qZkk
Re: Cattle Herders Destroyed My Farm In Ogun by Gerrard59(m): 9:53pm On Jan 13, 2021
Sorry for your loss, I really sympathise with you. But your political leader was asked about the wanton destruction of herdsmen, what was his reply?

Is Evans a herdsman?
Re: Cattle Herders Destroyed My Farm In Ogun by Gerrard59(m): 9:54pm On Jan 13, 2021
tensazangetsu20:
Watch how Nigeria is the best place for business and you can only make forbes list as a Nigerian crew avoid this thread grin grin grin.

CC gerrard59
CC lalasticala.

Op sorry and take heart. Please the next money you have find a way to leave the country. Even if its not west a lot of african countries will offer a sane life to you more than the rubbish available here.

Na Ghana sure pass, at least the ports work efficiently.
Re: Cattle Herders Destroyed My Farm In Ogun by oluwatoyosi8755: 10:46pm On Jan 13, 2021
Sorry for your loss, I really sympathise with you. But your political leader was asked about the wanton destruction of herdsmen, what was his reply?Is Evans a herdsman?
Re: Cattle Herders Destroyed My Farm In Ogun by Nobody: 12:38am On Jan 14, 2021
longetivity:
is that not cows I am seeing, you no fit kill like five of them
angry angry angry

He couldn't even dare going close to the cattle. He took the pictures from afar so that he could japaa, should the herders make some harmful attempts grin. Na life matter pass.

Many years back, a relative of mine once planted some cassavas on a given farmland to help himself in schooling. The day he harvested the cassavas, he left the farm to get a motor that would help him transport the farm produces to the market. On getting back, lo & behold, the cassavas had been cleared. Egbon just fainted & felt depressed. Till today, no one knew who perpetrated the stealing. But thanks to God, he's now the breadwinner of his family.

OP, I pray you would look back to this scene someday & give glory to God.

Get on your feet. May your loss become multiple blessings.

Cc: pusskhole
Re: Cattle Herders Destroyed My Farm In Ogun by unikwa: 3:27am On Jan 14, 2021
The cattle are owned by politicians.
The Fulanis help them raise the cows. One Fulani could have cows from several politicians at the same time.
This why DPO's will never respond. If they say anything, their life would be made a living hell.
Re: Cattle Herders Destroyed My Farm In Ogun by damola1: 3:33am On Jan 14, 2021
unikwa:
The Fulanis help them raise the cows. One Fulani could have cows from several politicians at the same time.
This why DPO's will never respond. If they say anything, their life would be made a living hell.

We just make ridiculous claims. Anyhow. Everyhow

1 Like

Re: Cattle Herders Destroyed My Farm In Ogun by unikwa: 1:48am On Jan 21, 2021
damola1:

I'm surprised this is news to you. This is a well known thing in Nigeria.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65PEIrv-Sv8

Try and watch the whole video if you can. But pay specific attention starting from 40 minutes.

You people need to stay up to date about what is happening in Nigeria. Being uninformed is a dangerous thing.
Re: Cattle Herders Destroyed My Farm In Ogun by GrandFinale2021(m): 3:56am On Jan 21, 2021
unikwa:
you're absolutely right
Re: Cattle Herders Destroyed My Farm In Ogun by unikwa: 9:07am On Jan 21, 2021
damola1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKHJfJxagIM

Start from 9:20.
Re: Cattle Herders Destroyed My Farm In Ogun by Afee: 5:51pm On Jan 21, 2021
So sorry for your loss. I find your story so touching. I can be of help in my little way. How can I contact you?
Re: Cattle Herders Destroyed My Farm In Ogun by austine4real(m): 5:54pm On Jan 21, 2021
Sorry for ur loss bro
Re: Cattle Herders Destroyed My Farm In Ogun by mainkendo: 7:23pm On Jan 21, 2021
This scare me a lot in investing into farming in the west. You cant tell.
Re: Cattle Herders Destroyed My Farm In Ogun by Mopolchi: 7:51pm On Jan 21, 2021
Its a pity. Take heart. You can go to your LGA Agricultural dept and lay a complaint to the officials and see what assistance they can avail you.
pusskhole:
Re: Cattle Herders Destroyed My Farm In Ogun by Houseofglam7(f): 10:44am On Jan 22, 2021
This is heartbreaking to say the least cry
Re: Cattle Herders Destroyed My Farm In Ogun by Morningstarrr(m): 11:26pm On Jan 22, 2021
@OP, you people should gather the village youths to police your farmland. Since the DPO said there’s nothing he can do about your loss, there shouldn’t be anything he can do when the village youths decide to defend their farmland by any means possible.
Re: Cattle Herders Destroyed My Farm In Ogun by unikwa: 9:17pm On Jan 26, 2021
Morningstarrr:
@OP, you people should gather the village youths to police your farmland. Since the DPO said there’s nothing he can do about your loss, there shouldn’t be anything he can do when the village youths decide to defend their farmland by any means possible.

Trust me, if one cow is hurt, DPO would spring into action.

(1) (Reply)

Grave Guard Remove Heads Of The Dead Bodies / Doctor Injects Edo Cabman To Death, Steals Car - Pics / Abomination : Father Jailed For Impregnating Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.