|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,658,807 members, 6,241,838 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 April 2021 at 12:48 PM
Sam Adeyemi: If You Say Happy New Year At 2PM, You Are Not Wrong / Oblate Eusebius Burial Photos. Founder Of Block Rosary Crusade Nigeria Buried / Oblate Eusebius Oguizu Is Dead: Founder Of Block Rosary Crusade In Nigeria Dies (2) (3) (4)
|Re: ROSARY; How Often Do You Say Your Rosary by motherofperpetu: 12:06pm On Jan 17|
Make out time to pray the Rosary in your home.
Pray the Rosary daily.
Talk to your parents or your spouse about praying the Rosary as a family daily.
Glory To Jesus
|Re: ROSARY; How Often Do You Say Your Rosary by motherofperpetu: 5:04pm On Jan 18|
' There is no surer means of calling down God's blessings upon the family...than the daily recitation of the Rosary.'. Pope Pius XII
|Re: ROSARY; How Often Do You Say Your Rosary by motherofperpetu: 5:16pm On Jan 18|
THE JOYFUL MYSTERIES
I. THE ANNUNCIATION OF THE INCARNATION OF JESUS BY THE ANGEL
Prophesied Isaiah 7:13-14
Listen, O house of David! Is it not enough for you to weary men, must you also weary my God!? Therefore the Lord himself will give you this sign: the virgin shall be with child, and bear a son, and shall name him Immanuel.
Prefigured Genesis 18:1,9,12
The LORD appeared to Abraham by the terebinth of Mamre. … “Where is your wife Sarah? … I will surely return to you about this time next year, and Sarah will then have a son.” … So Sarah laughed. … The LORD said to Abraham, “Why did Sarah laugh? … Is anything too marvelous for the LORD to do? At the appointed time, … I will return to you, and Sarah will have a son.”
1) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. … And the Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us, and we saw his glory, the glory as of the Father’s only Son, full of grace and truth.
2) The angel Gabriel was sent from God to a town of Galilee called Nazareth, to a virgin betrothed to a man named Joseph, of the house of David, and the virgin’s name was Mary.
3) Coming to her, he said, “Hail, full of grace! The Lord is with you.” But she was greatly troubled at what was said and pondered what sort of greeting this might be.
4) The angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God. Behold, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you shall name him Jesus. He will be great and will be called Son of the Most High.”
5) “The Lord God will give him the throne of David his father, and he will rule over the house of Jacob forever, and of his kingdom there will be no end.” But Mary said to the angel, “How can this be, since I have no relations with a man?”
6) And the angel said to her in reply, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. Therefore the child to be born will be called holy, the Son of God.”
7) “Behold, Elizabeth, your relative, has also conceived a son in her old age, and this is the sixth month for her who was called barren; for nothing will be impossible for God.”
Mary said, “Behold, I am the handmaid of the Lord. May it be done to me according to your word.” Then the angel departed from her.
9) The angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream and said, “Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary your wife into your home. For it is through the Holy Spirit that this child has been conceived in her.”
10) “She will bear a son and you are to name him Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins.” All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet.
|Re: ROSARY; How Often Do You Say Your Rosary by motherofperpetu: 2:47pm On Jan 20|
THE JOYFUL MYSTERIES
II. THE VISITATION OF MARY TO ELIZABETH AND ZECHARIAH
Prophesied 2 Samuel 6:9,11,14; 7:8-9,16 David … said, “How can the ark of the LORD come to me?” … The ark of the LORD remained in the house … 3 months. … David … came dancing before … the ark of the LORD with abandon. … “Speak thus to my servant David, … I will make you famous like the great ones of the earth. … Your house and your kingdom shall endure forever before me.”
Prefigured 1 Samuel 2:1-2,5,7-8 As Hannah worshipped the LORD, she said: “My heart exults in the LORD, my horn is exalted in my God. … I rejoice in my victory. There is no Holy One like the LORD. … The well-fed hire themselves out for bread, while the hungry batten on spoil. … The LORD makes poor and makes rich, he humbles, he also exalts. He raises the needy from the dust … to seat them with nobles.”
1) During those days Mary set out and traveled to the hill country in haste to a town of Judah, where she entered the house of Zechariah and greeted Elizabeth. When Elizabeth heard Mary’s greeting, the infant leaped in her womb.
2) Elizabeth, filled with Holy Spirit, cried out in a loud voice and said, “Most blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb. And how does this happen to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?”
3) “For at the moment the sound of your greeting reached my ears, the infant in my womb leaped for joy. Blessed are you who believed that what was spoken to you by the Lord would be fulfilled.”
4) Mary said, “My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord; my spirit rejoices in God my savior. For he has looked upon his handmaid’s lowliness; behold, from now on will all ages call me blessed.”
5) “The Mighty One has done great things for me, and holy is his name. His mercy is from age to age to those who fear him."
6) “He has shown might with his arm, dispersed the arrogant of mind and heart. He has thrown down the rulers from their thrones but lifted up the lowly. The hungry he has filled with good things; the rich he has sent away empty.”
7) “He has helped Israel his servant, remembering his mercy, according to his promise to our fathers, to Abraham and to his descendants forever.” Mary remained with her about 3 months.
When the time arrived for Elizabeth to have her child, she gave birth to a son. … When they came on the eighth day to circumcise the child, … Zechariah wrote: “John is his name.” Immediately his mouth was opened, his tongue freed.
9) Zechariah his father, filled with the Holy Spirit, prophesied, saying: “Blessed be the Lord, the God of Israel, for he has visited and redeemed his people. He has raised up a horn for our salvation within the house of David his servant.”
10) “And you, child, will be called prophet of the Most High, for you will go before the Lord to prepare his ways, to give his people knowledge of salvation through forgiveness of their sins, because of the tender mercy of our God.”
|Re: ROSARY; How Often Do You Say Your Rosary by motherofperpetu: 8:29am On Jan 21|
“You always leave the Rosary for later, and you end up not saying it at all because you are sleepy. If there is no other time, say it in the street without letting anybody notice it. It will, moreover, help you to have presence of God.” –
St. Josemaria Escriva
|Re: ROSARY; How Often Do You Say Your Rosary by motherofperpetu: 10:21pm On Jan 22|
BENEFITS OF PRAYING THE ROSARY
I should like to give you even more reason for embracing this devotion which so many great souls have practised; the Rosary recited with meditation on the mysteries brings about the following marvelous results:
1. it gradually gives us a perfect knowledge of Jesus Christ;
2. it purifies our souls, washing away sin;
3. it gives us victory over all our enemies;
4. it makes it easy for us to practise virtue;
5. it sets us on fire with love of Our Blessed Lord;
6. it enriches us with graces and merits;
7. it supplies us with what is needed to pay all our debts to God and to our fellow men, and finally, it obtains all kinds of graces for us from Almighty God.
|Re: ROSARY; How Often Do You Say Your Rosary by motherofperpetu: 10:23pm On Jan 22|
Pray the Rosary daily.
|Re: ROSARY; How Often Do You Say Your Rosary by Nuttella(f): 10:45pm On Jan 22|
How often do you speak in tongues? Speaking in tongues is more powerful than praying rosary.
|Re: ROSARY; How Often Do You Say Your Rosary by motherofperpetu: 11:38am On Jan 23|
THE JOYFUL MYSTERIES
III. THE NATIVITY OF JESUS IN BETHLEHEM
Prophesied Micah 5:1-2,4 You, Bethlehem-Ephrathah, … from you shall come forth for me one who is to be ruler in Israel; whose origin is from of old, from ancient times. Therefore the LORD will give them up, until the time when she who is to give birth has borne. … He shall be peace.
Prefigured 1 Kings 10:1-2,4-6,9-10 The queen of Sheba, having heard of Solomon’s fame, …. arrived in Jerusalem. … When the queen of Sheba witnessed Solomon’s great wisdom, … she was breathless. She told the king, … “In his enduring love for Israel, the LORD has made you king to carry out judgment and justice.” Then she gave the king 120 gold talents, a very large quantity of spices, and precious stones.
1) Joseph went up from Galilee from the town of Nazareth to Judea, to the city of David that is called Bethlehem, because he was of the house and family of David, to be enrolled with Mary, his betrothed, who was with child.
2) While they were there, the time came for her to have her child, and she gave birth to her firstborn son. She wrapped him in swaddling clothes and laid him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn.
3) Now there were shepherds in that region living in the fields and keeping the night watch over their flock. The angel of the Lord appeared to them and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were struck with great fear.
4) The angel said to them, “Do not be afraid; for behold, I proclaim to you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. For today in the city of David a savior has been born for you who is Messiah and Lord.”
5) Suddenly there was a multitude of the heavenly host with the angel, praising God and saying, “ Glory to God in the highest and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests.” … The angels went away from them to heaven.
6) The shepherds said to one another, “Let us go, then, to Bethlehem to see this thing that has taken place, that the Lord has made known to us.” So they went in haste and found Mary and Joseph, and the infant lying in the manger.
7) When they saw this, they made known the message that had been told them about this child. All who heard it were amazed by what had been told them by the shepherds. And Mary kept all these things, reflecting on them in her heart.
In the days of King Herod, behold, magi from the east arrived in Jerusalem saying, “Where is the newborn king of the Jews? We saw his star at its rising and have come to do him homage.”
9) After their audience with the king they set out. And behold, the star that they had seen at its rising preceded them, until it came and stopped over the place where the child was. They were overjoyed at seeing the star.
10) On entering the house they saw the child with Mary his mother. They prostrated themselves and did him homage. Then they opened their treasures and offered him gifts of gold, frankincense, and myrrh.
|Re: ROSARY; How Often Do You Say Your Rosary by motherofperpetu: 11:39am On Jan 23|
What are your reasons?
|Re: ROSARY; How Often Do You Say Your Rosary by motherofperpetu: 11:48am On Jan 23|
“The Most Holy Virgin in these last times in which we live has given a new efficacy to the recitation of the Rosary to such an extent that there is no problem, no matter how difficult it is, whether temporal or above all spiritual, in the personal life of each one of us, of our families…that cannot be solved by the Rosary. There is no problem, I tell you, no matter how difficult it is, that we cannot resolve by the prayer of the Holy Rosary.”
-Sister Lucia dos Santos of Fatima
|Re: ROSARY; How Often Do You Say Your Rosary by Nuttella(f): 12:49pm On Jan 23|
motherofperpetu:Speaking in tongues is one of the gift of the holy spirit, when you speak in tongues you speak mysteries. 1Corinthians 14:2.
|Re: ROSARY; How Often Do You Say Your Rosary by motherofperpetu: 1:41pm On Jan 23|
Do you have all the gifts of the holy spirit?
|Re: ROSARY; How Often Do You Say Your Rosary by Nuttella(f): 1:42pm On Jan 23|
motherofperpetu:I have some of them .
|Re: ROSARY; How Often Do You Say Your Rosary by motherofperpetu: 1:46pm On Jan 23|
What happens to those who don't have the gift of speaking in tongues, how will they pray?
|Re: ROSARY; How Often Do You Say Your Rosary by Nuttella(f): 2:10pm On Jan 23|
motherofperpetu:Everybody can speak in tongues madam. 1Corinthians 14:5, don't let the devil tell you that you can't speak in tongues, it is a gift for all who believe in Christ and are filled with the holy spirit, my friends in Catholic charimastics can speak in tongues.
Tell God to fill you with the holy spirit and baptize you with his fire.
*Come holy spirit and fill the heart of the faithful and enkindle in them fire of thy love*.
|Re: ROSARY; How Often Do You Say Your Rosary by motherofperpetu: 3:02pm On Jan 23|
|Re: ROSARY; How Often Do You Say Your Rosary by Nuttella(f): 3:07pm On Jan 23|
motherofperpetu:Eveyboy can pray in tongues, Send me a pm let me put you through, I was once a catholic like you, but from our conversation, you don't understand the meaning of the introduction of the rosary you have been praying, you have the holy spirit inside of you, but you don't know how to use the gift that is in you. I will gladly help you learn how to speak in tongues so that you can pray for upto 3hours non stop. I bet you can't pray upto 1hour with your normal language, rosary is 20mins give or take.
Also join charismatic, they will help brush your prayer life up. Dont be praying only rosary. Rosary will not help you in spiritual warfare. You need to be speaking in tongues so that demons will runaway when you are blasting in prayers.
Think about it ma.
|Re: ROSARY; How Often Do You Say Your Rosary by Kobojunkie: 3:10pm On Jan 23|
SisterFire:The statement in bold text is quite telling.
|Re: ROSARY; How Often Do You Say Your Rosary by Kobojunkie: 3:13pm On Jan 23|
motherofperpetu:Are any of these statements according to the Word of God Himself or are you here simply spining the opinions of men as if truth?
|Re: ROSARY; How Often Do You Say Your Rosary by motherofperpetu: 3:24pm On Jan 23|
How will you teach me how to speak in tongues, when it is a gift?
A decade of the Rosary maybe 30 to 45minutes but who said you have to stop at just a decade?
You can go longer than 3 hours praying the Rosary.
The thread is about the Rosary, I won't be engaging you
|Re: ROSARY; How Often Do You Say Your Rosary by Nuttella(f): 3:27pm On Jan 23|
motherofperpetu:I will teach you the right prayers for you to pray that will activate your tongues. When you speak in tongues, you speak mysteries and rosary doesn't make demons tremble when you pray, tongues do. There are realms of spirit you can't manifest fully in if you dont pray in tongues.
Pray in tongues today.
|Re: ROSARY; How Often Do You Say Your Rosary by motherofperpetu: 3:00pm On Jan 24|
THE JOYFUL MYSTERIES
IV. THE PRESENTATION OF THE INFANT JESUS IN THE TEMPLE
Prophesied Malachi 3:1-3 Suddenly there will come to the temple the LORD whom you seek, and the messenger of the covenant whom you desire. Yes, he is coming, says the LORD of hosts. But who will endure the day of his coming? … He will purify the sons of Levi … that they may offer due sacrifice to the LORD.
Prefigured 1 Samuel 1:24-25,28 Once he was weaned, she brought him up with her … and presented him at the temple of the LORD in Shiloh. After the boy’s father had sacrificed the young bull, Hannah, his mother approached Eli and said, … “Now I, in turn, give him to the LORD; as long as he lives, he shall be dedicated to the LORD.”
1) When eight days were completed for his circumcision, he was named Jesus, the name given him by the angel before he was conceived in the womb.
2) When the days were completed for their purificaton according to the law of Moses, they took him up to Jerusalem to present him to the Lord, just as it is written in the law of the Lord, … and to offer the sacrifice.
3) [Simeon] was righteous and devout, awaiting the consolation of Israel, and the Holy Spirit was upon him. It had been revealed to him by the Holy Spirit that he should not see death before he had seen the Messiah of the Lord.
4) [Simeon] came in the Spirit into the temple; and when the parents brought in the child Jesus to perform the custom of the law in regard to him, he took him into his arms and blessed God.
5) “Now, Master, you may let your servant go in peace, according to your word, for my eyes have seen your salvation, which you prepared in sight of all the peoples, a light for revelation to the Gentiles, and glory for your people Israel.”
6) The child’s father and mother were amazed at what was said about him; and Simeon blessed them and said to Mary his mother, “Behold, this child is destined for the fall and rise of many in Israel.”
7) “[He is] to be a sign that will be contradicted, and you yourself a sword will pierce, so that the thoughts of many hearts may be revealed.”
There was also a prophetess, Anna. …. She never left the temple, but worshiped night and day with fasting and prayer. … She gave thanks to God and spoke about the child to all who were awaiting the redemption of Jerusalem.
9) When they had fulfilled all the prescriptions of the law of the Lord, they returned to Galilee, to their own town of Nazareth.
10) The child grew and became strong, filled with wisdom; and the favor of God was upon him.
|Re: ROSARY; How Often Do You Say Your Rosary by motherofperpetu: 9:59pm On Jan 25|
“The Rosary is a powerful weapon to put the demons to flight and to keep oneself from sin…If you desire peace in your hearts, in your homes, and in your country, assemble each evening to recite the Rosary. Let not even one day pass without saying it, no matter how burdened you may be with many cares and labors.”
– Pope Pius XI
Our Lady, Queen of Nigeria. - Pray For Us
|Re: ROSARY; How Often Do You Say Your Rosary by motherofperpetu: 10:02pm On Jan 25|
Have you prayed your Rosary today?
Stop Procrastinating, today is not yet over.
Pray your Rosary today.
|Re: ROSARY; How Often Do You Say Your Rosary by haddeylium(m): 1:10am On Jan 26|
Pentacostal churches are slaves to Catholic doctrines unknowingly.
They protest their way out it because they find the idea of Mary being the mother of God unreasonable.
Yet, they believe 'Jesus is Almighty God'
|Re: ROSARY; How Often Do You Say Your Rosary by motherofperpetu: 7:14pm On Jan 27|
Titles of Our Lady
Jesus has shown us the path of true holiness. It is not by bodily cleansing but by purity of heart, Matt 5:8: " Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God."
By purity of heart and mind is here meant a single-minded attention and devotion. Matt 6:24; "No man can serve two masters."
Jesus showed us in his life his single-minded devotion to his Father's will (Jn4:34); " My food is to do the will of him who sent me and to complete his work."
Jesus taught us to pray, "Thy will be done." True holiness then is the acceptance and completion of God's will.
It was Mary who, from the inception of her life, lived with a single minded devotion to the will of God. She said "Be it done to me according to thy word." That was the summation of her whole life. Therefore the Church attributes this title of Holiness to our Lady.
Cardinal Mercier teaches us the "secret of Holiness" in the prayer: "O Holy Spirit, Soul of my soul, enlighten, guide, strengthen and console me. I promise to be submissive in everything that you permit to happen to me, only show me what your will is."
The invitation to Holiness is not for a few but for all- "You are a holy nation." You can have the halo of holiness too by saying 'yes' to God, as Our Lady did.
Let us pray
Holy Mary, help me to become like you
By accepting and conforming cheerfully
To God's will
In every aspect of my life.
From Fr Clarence, May Flowers; Titles of Our Lady.
|Re: ROSARY; How Often Do You Say Your Rosary by motherofperpetu: 10:00pm On Jan 27|
““The Rosary is the most excellent form of prayer and the most efficacious means of attaining eternal life. It is the remedy for all our evils, the root of all our blessings. There is no more excellent way of praying.”
Pope Leo XIII
|Re: ROSARY; How Often Do You Say Your Rosary by motherofperpetu: 10:02pm On Jan 27|
Remember to pray today's Rosary.
|Re: ROSARY; How Often Do You Say Your Rosary by motherofperpetu: 7:15pm On Jan 28|
HOW TO RECITE THE ROSARY
PURITY OF INTENTION
IT is not so much the length of a prayer, but the fervor with which it is said which pleases Almighty God and touches His Heart. One single Hail Mary that is said properly is worth more than one hundred and fifty that are badly said. Most Catholics say the Rosary, the whole fifteen mysteries or five of them anyway or, at least a few decades. So why is it then that so few of them give up their sins and go forward in the spiritual life? Surely it must be because they are not saying them as they should. It is a good thing to think over how we should pray if we really want to please God and become more holy.
To say the Holy Rosary to advantage one must be in a state of grace or at the very least be fully determined to give up mortal sin. This we know because all our theology teaches us that good works and prayers are only dead works if they are done in a state of mortal sin. Therefore they can neither be pleasing to God nor help us gain eternal life. This is why Ecclesiastes says: “Praise is not seemly in the mouth of a sinner.”35 Praise of God and the salutation of the Angel and the very Prayer of Jesus Christ are not pleasing to God when they are said by unrepentant sinners.
Our Lord said: “This people honoreth Me with their lips, but their heart is far from Me.”36 It is as though He was saying: “Those who join My Confraternity and say their Rosary every day (even perhaps the fifteen decades), but without being sorry for their sins offer Me lip service only and their hearts are far from Me.”
I have just said that to say the Rosary to advantage one must be in a state of grace “or at least be fully determined to give up mortal sin;” first of all, because, if it were true that God only heard the prayers of those in a state of grace it would follow that people in a state of mortal sin should not pray at all. This is an erroneous teaching which has been condemned by Holy Mother Church, because of course sinners need to pray far more than good people do. Were this horrible doctrine true it would then be useless and futile to tell a sinner to say all, or even part of his Rosary, because it would never help him.
Secondly, because if they join one of Our Lady’s confraternities and recite the Rosary or some other prayer, but without having the slightest intention of giving up sin, they join the ranks of her false devotees. These presumptuous and impenitent devotees, hiding under her mantle, wearing the scapular and with rosary in hand, cry out: “Blessed Virgin, good Mother—Hail, Mary! . . .” And yet at the same time, by their sins, they are crucifying Our Lord Jesus Christ and tearing His flesh anew. It is a great tragedy, but from the very ranks of Our Lady’s most holy Confraternities souls are faIling into the fires of Hell.
We earnestly beg everyone to say the Holy Rosary: the just that they may persevere and grow in God’s grace; the sinners that they may rise from their sins. But God forbid that we should ever encourage a sinner to think that Our Lady will protect him with Her mantle if he continues to love sin, for then it will only turn into a mantle of damnation which will hide his sins from the public eye. The Rosary, which is a cure for all our ills, would then be turned into deadly poison. “A corruption of what is best is worst.”
The learned Cardinal Hughes says: “One should really be as pure as an Angel to approach the Blessed Virgin and to say the Angelic Salutation.” One day Our Lady appeared to an immoral man who used to always say his Rosary every day. She showed him a bowl of beautiful fruit, but the bowl itself was covered with filth. The man was horrified to see this, and Our Lady said: “This is the way you are honoring me! You are giving me beautiful roses in a filthy bowl. Do you think I can accept presents of this kind?”
|Re: ROSARY; How Often Do You Say Your Rosary by motherofperpetu: 11:32pm On Jan 29|
“The greatest method of praying is to pray the Rosary.” – Saint Francis de Sales
|Re: ROSARY; How Often Do You Say Your Rosary by motherofperpetu: 11:37pm On Jan 30|
THE JOYFUL MYSTERIES
V. THE FINDING OF THE CHILD JESUS IN THE TEMPLE
Prophesied 2 Samuel 7:4-5,12-14 The LORD spoke to Nathan and said: “Go tell my servant David, … I will raise up your heir after you, sprung from your loins, …It is he who shall build a house for my name. And I will make his royal throne firm forever. I will be a father to him, and he shall be a son to me.”
Prefigured 1 Samuel 2:11,20; 3:1,3 When Elkanah returned home to Ramah, the child remained in the service of the LORD under the priest Eli. … Eli would bless Elkanah and his wife, as they were leaving for home. … During the time young Samuel was minister to the LORD under Eli, … Samuel was sleeping in the temple of the LORD where the ark of God was.
1) Each year his parents went to Jerusalem for the feast of Passover, and when he was twelve years old, they went up according to festival custom.
2) After they had completed its days, as they were returning, the boy Jesus remained behind in Jeruslaem, but his parents did not know it.
3) Thinking that he was in the caravan, they journeyed for a day and looked for him among their relatives and acquaintances.
4) Not finding him, they returned to Jerusalem to look for him. After three days they found him in the temple.
5) [Jesus was] sitting in the midst of the teachers, listening to them and asking them questions.
6) All who heard him were astounded at his understanding and his answers. When his parents saw him, they were astonished.
7) His mother said to him, “Son, why have you done this to us? Your father and I have been looking for you with great anxiety.”
He said to them, “Why were you looking for me? Did you not know that I must be in my Father’s house?”
9) They did not understand what he said to them. He went down with them and came to Nazareth, and was obedient to them.
10) His mother kept all these things in her heart. And Jesus advanced in wisdom and age and favor before God and man.
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 273